Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Biblical proof for the Rapture
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Biblical proof for the Rapture  (Read 8535 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 11:28:55 PM »

God's seven Holy Days (found in Leviticus 23) foreshadow His plan of salvation for mankind.  Four of the events that the Holy Days foreshadow have not yet occurred.  They are, briefly: a)the return of Christ/ harvest of the firstfruits (Feast of Trumpets), b)the binding of Satan for 1000 years (the Day of Atonement), c)the millennial reign of Christ (the Feast of Tabernacles), and d)the greatest harvest/opportunity of salvation (the Great Last Day).

Lampstand,

This is hardly a new misconception, in reality it's something the church has been dealing with its entire life. As Paul made his missionary journeys around the ancient world, preaching freedom from the Law of Moses, a group of ex-pharisees (known loosely as the Judaisers) would follow a few days behind him, preaching that Gentiles had to become Jews before they could become Christians. This teaching included circumcision, a kosher lifestyle, and generally following Mosaic Law. When Peter heard of this, he came before the Christian sect of the Pharisees, saying:

Acts 15:7-11 8 And God, Who is acquainted with and understands the heart, bore witness to them, giving them the Holy Spirit as He also did to us; 9 And He made no difference between us and them, but cleansed their hearts by faith by a strong and welcome conviction that Jesus is the Messiah, through Whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God). 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting a yoke on the necks of the disciples, such as neither our forefathers nor we [ourselves] were able to endure? 11 But we believe that we are saved through the grace (the undeserved favor and mercy) of the Lord Jesus, just as they [are].

The Mosaic law was difficult to follow to the letter. Many times, however, these difficulties arose from how the Pharisees and Saducees interpreted the law. These men were not only the Clergy, but also the Legislative, Executive, and on occasion the Judicial branches of their entire political system. If someone wanted to know if it was kosher to tie a certain type of knot on a certain day, they'd ask one of them (they're also referred to as Lawyers). If someone had a complaint against his neighbor, they'd bring it up with them. This eventually led to a very large, complex system which (by Peter's own admission) was impossible to follow.

Paul says "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, so that no one may boast". Salvation comes by grace, not by works. If we could somehow earn our way into heaven by doing enough good deeds, shying away from the bad deeds, there wouldn't be any need for Grace. Paul addresses this issue in his letter to the church in Rome: "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God", continuing "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord". Now, don't hear me wrong: works are an important part of faith (James even goes so far as to say 'Faith without works is dead'), but it's the Faith that leads to eternal life. Consequently, anyone preaching salvation by way of works (salvation by Mosaic Law, salvation by indulgences, salvation by baptism, etc) is falling into the same trap many pharisees fell into thousands of years ago.

Paul continues: "If you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.", "Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a sabbath day -- things that are a mere shadow of what is to come", and "For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under Law but under grace". Keep in mind who Paul's talking to: young churches, mostly of a Jewish background. When he speaks of "the Law", he's referring to Mosaic Law. When he speaks of "the law", he referrs to state law. (I say this so nobody thinks I'm claiming Paul says to disobey all laws.). Jesus clearly states in the the Gospel of Matthew that He came not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it. He didn't destroy the Law of Moses, he completed it. He fulfilled the prophesies of the coming messiah, He became the very essence of the suffering servant, (foreshadowed here, here, and here; reinforced here and here.)

So what laws do apply to christians?

Matthew 22:37-40  37 And He replied to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (intellect). 38 This is the great (most important, principal) and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as [you do] yourself.  40 These two commandments [a]sum up and upon them depend all the Law and the Prophets.

In short, everything comes from love,the love from Christ.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »

Chaplain Bob, I don't believe I have had the pleasure of saying hello and Welcome to Christians Unite!  So Hello and Welcome to Christians Unite!  Cheesy

There's no doubt that the Bible teaches a "catching up" (rapture) of the Believers.  The big debate is when.  Sadly this non-salvation issue has divided the Body ever since it came into existence in the 19th century.

I wondered about the popularly taught theories for decades until, I believe, the Lord revealed to me what is going to happen (not WHEN but WHAT).

When the Lord returns He will establish His Millennial Kingdom here on this Earth.  For that thousand years those who have rejected God's plan of salvation and Satan and his demons will be removed from this Earth (Psalm 37: 9-11, 20, 22, 29, Matt. 24: 40-41).  I understand the Lord to say those represented in those verses are NOT the Believers.

At the end of the thousand year Kingdom the Believers will be removed and God will cast Satan, his demons and those who rejected His plan of salvation back down to Earth for the "Great Tribulation".  After that God will destroy this Earth and the Heavens and create a New Earth, Heavens and the New Jerusalem (See Rev. 21).  Our eternal home will be the New Earth (NOT Heaven as has been taught by many because Heaven is GOD'S domain, "headquarters" so to speak, where all the records and rewards are kept).  We have been taught that we will go to Heaven based on the Scripture where Jesus said He was going to sit at the right hand of God and that we would be with Him.  That is based on the erroneous assumption that Jesus never leaves Heaven and that is where He is preparing a place for us.

I don't believe I have ever heard this scenario before.   Not sure I would agree with it, but interesting never the less.

I know this view of the end-times will rattle some cages and perhaps even upset some because they have bought into one of the popular "Rapture" theories.  But you need to remember two things:  1. This is not a salvation issue and 2: I'm just the messenger.

Rattle Cages, Upset?   Why that never happens here on CU!!!  Cheesy   Just funnin ya there Bob.   I will honestly say that I disagree with your view, but at least we both agree He is coming back for us and no matter how when or where, we are going to be with Him praise God!

Welcome aboard!

Lampstand, a hearty howdy to you also!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Bronzesnake
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 03:31:04 PM »

Code:
Quote from: Chaplain Bob on February 02, 2006, 03:45:35 PM
There's no doubt that the Bible teaches a "catching up" (rapture) of the Believers.  The big debate is when.  Sadly this non-salvation issue has divided the Body ever since it came into existence in the 19th century.

I wondered about the popularly taught theories for decades until, I believe, the Lord revealed to me what is going to happen (not WHEN but WHAT).

When the Lord returns He will establish His Millennial Kingdom here on this Earth.  For that thousand years those who have rejected God's plan of salvation and Satan and his demons will be removed from this Earth (Psalm 37: 9-11, 20, 22, 29, Matt. 24: 40-41).  I understand the Lord to say those represented in those verses are NOT the Believers.

At the end of the thousand year Kingdom the Believers will be removed and God will cast Satan, his demons and those who rejected His plan of salvation back down to Earth for the "Great Tribulation".  After that God will destroy this Earth and the Heavens and create a New Earth, Heavens and the New Jerusalem (See Rev. 21).  Our eternal home will be the New Earth (NOT Heaven as has been taught by many because Heaven is GOD'S domain, "headquarters" so to speak, where all the records and rewards are kept).  We have been taught that we will go to Heaven based on the Scripture where Jesus said He was going to sit at the right hand of God and that we would be with Him.  That is based on the erroneous assumption that Jesus never leaves Heaven and that is where He is preparing a place for us.

I’ll keep this short and to the point, I will expound if needed.

The book of Revelation puts the Rapture in its proper timeline.
The Rapture occurs in Rev 4:1, which corresponds with the 1st Thes verses.
In Rev 19:14 we see His saints, the Raptured Christians returning with Jesus from Heaven. satan and his friends are tossed into the bottomless pit for 1,000 years – This is the beginning of the thousand-year rein. When the thousand years is up satan is released so he can tempt the people who survived the seven year tribulation and their offspring, so that they may also choose or deny Jesus. Satan actually manages to gather a hoard and they descend upon the gates of the Holy City which is on Earth, and that’s the end of satan and his children.

The Rapture did not first appear in the 1800, there is documentation, which places this Biblical truth at the second century. Even if it was not understood until the 1800s what does that prove? Jesus specifically said there would be mysteries, which would not be understood until the end times did He not?

You really have to turn a blind eye to several key scriptures in order to dismiss then Rapture. It is Biblical. Look for any example in the Bible where God has left His select to face His personal wrath…you will not find a single example. God did not appoint His children unto wrath, He said so, and I believe Him…why don’t you?

Bronzesnake
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the