Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FINANCES-Endtime
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FINANCES-Endtime  (Read 2450 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2003, 08:50:49 PM »

Since the "endtime" as Revelation, Daniel and other references seem to imply, is concerned also with "buying and selling", that is, finances, and since this will apparently be quite integral in the last days, and in the taking of the Mark, I thought to begin a thread here with just that focus.

Today, I learned, as of last week, the U.S. Treasury has announced that after 2004 U.S. Savings Bonds will only be availble through an online account, where you will be obligated to include your bank account number(no optional purchases, such as with a credit card, check or cash), for them to debit when you buy a bond.  The bonds will no longer be paper, that is, tangible, but held "in account", online.  Current bond holders will be "encouraged", said the report, to convert theirs to an online account.  It didn't say what will happen if current holders will not convert theirs--whether those bonds will become worthless, if the holder wants to hold the paper bond all the way to maturity(up to thirty years), if they choose not to convert them.
DvdGStwrt

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 09:32:14 PM »

Turn to Revelation Chapter 13 for a hint of things to come:

Revelation 13 (KJV)
16   And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17   And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

This is quite telling in many ways. Aside from the Mark, what it may be, we are told that no man may buy or sell without this mark.

It makes sense in todays world that Cash, paper and coin currency, is on the way out. We find that there is a push to make everything electronic. From the Universal Product Code that every store uses to not only get the price, but also do their inventory with - to the ATM bank Card - all are telling us that Hard currency is on the way out.

The mandated switch to electronic bonds is a product of this push to remove cash.

We are reminded that cash can be stolen, counterfeited, and is difficult to track.

Try getting a Credit Card or a loan - can't do it if you are not part of the banking system, which is all electronic now days.

Electronic commerce is a good idea. It is sensible and does make everything much easier. It is the threat of control that a government can have that makes this notion not such a good one.

The recent change in the printed bills was to make counterfeiting more difficult, but the Treasury found that it didn't and now is planning on adding more colors to the money. counterfeiting is a very expensive thing for the government and it takes place a lot, especially over seas.

For decades we have been brainwashed, er programed - um - you get the picture - that cashless is the way to go. Not too many people can honestly say they do not have plastic in their wallet. I can, but I also gave up a whole lot more too, such as my ability to get a loan, and even my ability to buy real estate. Giving up plastic also meant (for me) giving up those checking and savings accounts - I never understood the concept of being allowed to pay for spending my own money.

The push for globalization also means a push for a one world currency. Logically that end development would mean the establishment of a kind of currency that all will accept. I doubt that the Canadians and the Mexicans would Accept the US dollar bill as their currency - nor do I think that the Americans would accept the EURO as a form of currency because these currencies are nationality based.

But accepting an ATM or a Credit Card, especially if it is a type you can personalize to suit the individual would be very trendy and would stifle the complaints about using a 'foreign' bill in their country.

The EU has demonstrated that it is possible for numerous nations to drop their own currency and pick up a new, unified one. Not only has the EU done this with little fuss, but the EURO is strong, it is surpassing the long held US dollar in its power.

Sooner or later all business will be done electronically, Payroll is automatically dropped into peoples accounts, many people have on-line checking, Many others use their ATM Card for every purchase (Considering that nearly all businesses have those little machines it is now possible to not carry a single cent).

Nearly every household in the US has a computer. As I recall, Clinton publically announced that there will be a push to put a computer in every household in the USA. Do not underestimate the power of the WWW - It is a desired tool toward making a cashless society possible.

What the US Treasury Bond is doing is following the trend - it is the next logical step in a process to remove hard cash from us.

David
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 05:02:22 PM »

Hmmm, thank you, David.  Some interesting insight.

I can, but I also gave up a whole lot more too, such as my ability to get a loan, and even my ability to buy real estate. Giving up plastic also meant (for me) giving up those checking and savings accounts - I never understood the concept of being allowed to pay for spending my own money.

'Sounds like you've deliberatly started making some sacrifices.

Is it safe to say you are only transacting in cash, then?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 05:29:21 PM »

Sounds GRRRRRRRRRRREAT to me, thanks for the good news  Grin

"Maranatha"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 05:30:16 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
OldTimer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 07:09:48 PM »

Fascinating isn’t it? What sounded like wild-eyed science fiction only a few years ago can now be visualized in a specific scenario.

I guess we are all aware that they are now implanting chips to give medical information and that a implanted chip is certainly a way to go in lieu of plastic. No way to lose it, forge it, or steal it.

It would seem, however, that this “mark” will only be implemented after the Rapture.

Interesting note on the King James translation:
Rev 13:16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

All other translations that I have checked say “on”.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 10:40:42 PM »

Hmmm, thanks Oldtimer.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 08:20:53 PM »

Hmmm, thanks Oldtimer.

DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 05:02:10 PM »

(Hmmm, last post May 23.  Today almost three months later...)

You heard it here first folks, speaking of "Finances-endtime":

This weekend on the Bob Brinker MoneyTalk radio program, the subsittute host Bill Flanagan fielded several calls regarding a global--yep, that's right, a GLOBAL currency.

Bill seemed to be for it, except he saw logistical problems of bringing it into reality--namely, like, the long-suffering economy of Japan, and the nightmare of bringing the balance sheets of various countries into line before making a conversion.

ONe caller said it could--or should never happen--violation of a nation's sovereignty.

Anyway, this is the first time on that show, that I know of, a question like this has come up.  The program has been running for some 16 or 17 years.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 06:06:30 PM »

I've thougth for years that the credit cards were just leading us to a one world system. And now we have the debit cards. I want out of creidt cared debt really bad......seems once you have one your hooked, shoot you can't rent a car, get a hotel room reserve airline tickets with out one. The bar codes and scanner are just another step toward a one world debit system as well.. That system in place could read what ever the mark is, a chip or tatoo, a bar code on a chip or tatoo. With my first child I had to apply for a Social Security number, by the time I had my 4th, in 89 child she got her SS# cause I just check the right box and they gave her one with her birth certifcate. Shoot I didn't need a SS number until I was 16 or so.   Tongue

musicllover
Reba
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 03:47:44 PM »

Well if some one want to "MARK" you just make sure it is in your left hand.
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 03:07:38 AM »

Hmmmm

All this about cards and chips and on and on. The relationship to Scripture is  interpretive to say the least. And the familiar  silence on a banking matter that is nearly universal and listed among the 'abominations' of OT Law, namely 'Fractional Reserve Banking'.

oh well

H
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 04:09:54 AM »

LOOKING UP

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
teddybear
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2003, 12:51:43 PM »

Finances will be no good in end-time because you can't by or sell if you are a Christian.

God Bless.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 01:20:57 PM »

Also LOOKING UP Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the