Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Role modeling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Role modeling  (Read 2899 times)
Wren

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2003, 04:06:35 PM »

While we all await the afterlife, it remains a fact that things in this life are not too spiffy. Allowing the breakdown of the family unit, IMHO, will be the biggest mistake since the Garden of Eden. But sad as it may be, it does provide an oppertunity that I feel men should sieze on. There are lots of kids out there hurting. In many cases, they simply need someone to talk to, someone to take them fishing, someone to let them know in some small way that they are cared about. Even a simple act like getting to know a neighbood boy who has no dad. You don't need to aspire to take them to Disneyland. A small comment like "How did you do at the game today?" fowwowed by a litle banter can do more good than you might imagine. Until recently, I transported students for a local school that teachs learning disabled kids. I found a wonderful chance to influence thier lives in a small small way. Just because I was a simple bus driver. I'm not going to evaluate them, discipline them, or write them up. I had no agenda and they knew that.
A man is a special unique person. No woman, try as she may, can replace the influence of a male. And lots of kids are needing it.
 Look around you. Consider being an advocate for kids. Hire the neighbor hood trouble kid to do some work, show him trust. The examples are endless but I'll not go on. Portray a positive imiage of a man, go out on a limb for abit. You'll make a difference, and perhaps bring someone to know the Lord. It's easy to just sit around, but avoid it. Real men die moving!

...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.....
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 08:29:38 PM »

Thanks so much for that reminder, Wren.

I think I need to frame that one.
Diego

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 03:07:26 PM »

Jesus reminds us that as disciples of Himself, we are to be role-models to the world.  The difference in us due to our Christian walk should reflect Jesus as the light of the world.  We want people to know that we are different and that the church has been entrusted with something that they need, wherever they are in their lives.  I am reminded of St. Francis of Assisi who said: "Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary use words."  The best way to have a postive influence in someone else's life is to model the love of Christ by the life we live.  There is no better and genuine role-model than someone who has a sincere desire to be used by God and surrender to His will.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 05:43:48 PM »

Thanks, Diego...
ollie
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 08:16:51 PM »

James 1:27.  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 01:39:59 AM »

Those are some good stories. I find it hard to motivate myself lately due to a back injury I've been fighting for the last 3 years or so. I just had a fusion Sept. 27, so I'll be healing and getting back to work with-in a year. But that story kind of gave me some inspiration to get off my putooty and do something. I also like that quote by St. Francis of Assisi.

God Bless...
Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 06:32:41 PM »

A man is a special unique person. No woman, try as she may, can replace the influence of a male. And lots of kids are needing it.

well said!  Smiley

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 04:07:59 PM »

I totally agree. Its important that boys have the right role models to look up to. If they don't they find themselves alternative role models. This is why imho, so many kids end up screwed up adults.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the