Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:51:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  when did Peter use the keys of the KINGDOM of Heaven ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: when did Peter use the keys of the KINGDOM of Heaven ?  (Read 3479 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2022, 02:12:21 PM »

In  Matt  16:18 it says that thou art  Peter ,and  upon this  rock I   WILL  BUILD my  church .

The  Greek words I  WILL  are in the Greek   FUTURE  TENSE .

Did  Peter build a  church  ,  NO !!

In Matt  16:19 , Peter was  given the  KEYS  to the  Kingdom of  Heaven .

So when did  Peter  use the  KEYS  to  BIND  and  LOOSE ?

By the  way the  Greek  word  BIND /DEO  and the  Greek word  LOOSED / LYO  are in the  Greek  PERFECT  TENSE , PASSIVE  VOICE  and  is a  PARTICIPLE .

What say you ??

dan p

« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 02:44:13 PM by dan p » Logged
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 03:10:05 PM »

I see in Acts 2:38 , where  Peter  FIRST  used  the  KEYS o the  KINGDOM  of  HEAVEN and called on  Israel  to repent .

Here was  then  LOOSING / LYO on  Earth  and the  LOOSING  in  HEAVEN  and if Israel  repent , Jesus would  come  back , as Acts 3:20 !!

what say you ?

By the  way the  Greek word LOOSING  is in the  Greek  PERFECT  TENSE !!

dan p
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 03:12:08 PM »

I see in Acts 2:38 , where  Peter  FIRST  used  the  KEYS o the  KINGDOM  of  HEAVEN and called on  Israel  to repent .

Here was  then  LOOSING / LYO on  Earth  and the  LOOSING  in  HEAVEN  and if Israel  repent , Jesus would  come  back , as Acts 3:20 !!

what say you ?

By the  way the  Greek word LOOSING  is in the  Greek  PERFECT  TENSE !!

dan p
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 09:58:46 AM »

I see in Acts 2:38 , where  Peter  FIRST  used  the  KEYS o the  KINGDOM  of  HEAVEN and called on  Israel  to repent .

Here was  then  LOOSING / LYO on  Earth  and the  LOOSING  in  HEAVEN  and if Israel  repent , Jesus would  come  back , as Acts 3:20 !!

what say you ?

By the  way the  Greek word LOOSING  is in the  Greek  PERFECT  TENSE !!

dan p

Did you know that The Holy Spirit is mentioned throughout the Old Testament and came into them then. Jesus also taught of the Holy Spirit coming to people long before Peter did. Acts 1:8, John 15:26-27, John 16:7 Jesus loosed the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, as soon as He went to heaven just as He promised.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 02:32:15 PM »

And I consider your reply not  valid  and do you say that Peter only used the KEYS  only one time ?

dan p
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 08:42:42 AM »

I don't care if you do consider my reply valid or not. I only care what God's word says and I have already showed that.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 03:32:46 PM »

And nhere isnwhat  Acts 3:20 ,  when Peter again  used the  KEYS  OF  HEAVEN  and here Peter is  LOOSING  , and verse 20  reads and  HE SHALL  SEND / APOSTELLO is in the  SUBJUNCTIVE  MOOD  which means that  God will  send Christ back OR  not send Christ .

The  Greek  JESUS / LESOUS  is in the  ACCUSATIVE  CASE and  CHRIST / CHRISTOS  is  also in the  ACCUSATIVE  CASE .

The next  Greek words  THE  ONE / HO  is a  DEFINATE ARTICILE  and is pointing  Only to  Jesus .

The  next  Greek  words , HAVING  BEEN  PROCLAIMED /is in the  Greek  PERFECT  TENSE , PASSIVE  VOICE  and is  a  PARTICIPLE  which is the word  HAVING  as  Participles always   end in  ING

AND  before unto  YOU / HYMIN  is a  PERSONAL  POSSESSIVE  PRONOUN  in the  DATIVE  CASE .

PERSONAL  POSSESSIVE  PRONOUN  means refers to  things that  belong to a  specific  person .

The  DATIVE  CASE  , means it is the  direct  object ,

dan p

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 10:11:54 AM »

This is exactly why I hate this debate section!! This is from a young Christian (11 years old) girl who is now confused on the Bible dan p!! Angry

Mr Bob

I am confused why Dan P is saying something when it means something else to me. Because of Dan P I'm confused what the meaning of different verses are meant to say. I thought it meant as Soldier4Christ but now I don't know anymore. Can you please tell me the true meaning of Acts 3:30?
Jennifer ***********

This young lady is 11 years old and thanks to you I have to work getting her back on track to the true meaning of the Bible. Yes I've asked her not to read about the subjects in debate but as most curious kids, she had to look.

Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 10:31:07 AM »

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Who is Jesus speaking to here? The disciples as it says at the start of this chapter. So He gave that same key to them also. What is the key? Authority. Jesus was giving them authority, the authority to teach, the authority to heal, the authority to...  Where do they get all of this? It is through the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, that Jesus loosed when he got to Heaven. John 16:7-15.

Oh for the day when His children put their primary efforts into leading others to His saving grace instead of dissecting each and every word and nit-picking their meanings of that which He has given us.

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 03:37:44 PM »

And I am on 5 different  web sites and talk to people all  around the world and reply to different points of view  like Calvinist , Covenant  theology ,  ETC

Is and 11 year old to young to for some of these  debates as I   attended a Pentecostal , Nazerene ,  So Baptist , GRACE CHURCH  , Adventist and some spoken in Tongues and many believe that  WATER  BAPTISM  SAVES .

I do not believe I have done any thing wrong , and explain why I did something wrong and point out what scripture corrupted ,  PLEASE ?

dan p

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2022, 03:15:04 PM »

As I have said in the past, we have children as young as 8 years old on the forum, which I encourage them to stay out of the debate section. Children being children don't always listen to what is said.

In my opinion and mind, it makes no sense debating the Word of God, it takes away time from what's important................... Winning Souls for the Lord, that is a thousand times more important than debating His Living Word!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2022, 09:00:41 AM »

Mr Bob

I am confused why Dan P is saying something when it means something else to me. Because of Dan P I'm confused what the meaning of different verses are meant to say. I thought it meant as Soldier4Christ but now I don't know anymore. Can you please tell me the true meaning of Acts 3:30?
Jennifer ***********[/b]

This young lady is 11 years old and thanks to you I have to work getting her back on track to the true meaning of the Bible. Yes I've asked her not to read about the subjects in debate but as most curious kids, she had to look.

Bob

[/quote]

Well 'Mr Bob', That young lady is going to see and hear many things in this world that is going to confuse her and some that is going to attempt to draw her away from God. That is inevitable. That young lady is fortunate to have someone that is willing to take the time to explain the word of God to her. We should never count that as an undesirable task but rather to Praise God for that opportunity.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2022, 09:20:27 AM »

And I am on 5 different  web sites and talk to people all  around the world and reply to different points of view  like Calvinist , Covenant  theology ,  ETC

Is and 11 year old to young to for some of these  debates as I   attended a Pentecostal , Nazerene ,  So Baptist , GRACE CHURCH  , Adventist and some spoken in Tongues and many believe that  WATER  BAPTISM  SAVES .

I do not believe I have done any thing wrong , and explain why I did something wrong and point out what scripture corrupted ,  PLEASE ?

dan p

This debate section was placed here for a reason. There is nothing wrong with 'debating' God's word as long as it is for all the right reasons and done in the right manner. We do need to keep in mind that it can become a stumbling block for others, turning others away from God and His word. Another point is nit picking each and word as to their meanings as God's word even tells us not to do. There is more I could say on this but I must go see to other things for now.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2022, 08:21:05 AM »

Is and 11 year old to young to for some of these  debates as I   attended a Pentecostal , Nazerene ,  So Baptist , GRACE CHURCH  , Adventist and some spoken in Tongues and many believe that  WATER  BAPTISM  SAVES .

dan p

Therein lies the problem.                                                           

The Same Mind

“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.” (1 Corinthians 1:10)

The days of the early church were the days of its greatest power because they were days of its greatest unity. “They, continuing daily with one accord...and singleness of heart.” “And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul:...and great grace was upon them all” (Acts 2:46; 4:32-33). It was not long, however, before divisions, contentions, and schisms crept in. Therefore, the New Testament contains many exhortations toward a restoration of the unity—and thus the power—of the early church. Note the following examples.

“Be of the same mind one toward another” (Romans 12:16). “Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God” (Romans 15:5-6). “Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you” (2 Corinthians 13:11). “Stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel” (Philippians 1:27). “Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind” (Philippians 2:2). “Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous” (1 Peter 3:8).

Real unity, of course, must be both “the unity of the Spirit” and “the unity of the faith” (Ephesians 4:3, 13), and “the same mind” must be nothing less than the mind of Christ. “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 2:5). HMM

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 08:26:23 AM »

What Shall We Do?

“Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?” (John 6:28)

This question is often asked by people who try to work their way into heaven. It was also asked in various ways by men in the New Testament, and it is vitally important to get the correct answer to such questions there and nowhere else.

For example, a rich young ruler once asked Jesus, “What shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?” Jesus answered, “Go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor...and come, take up the cross, and follow me” (Mark 10:17, 21). That is, there is nothing of his own that one can bring to Christ to earn salvation; one must simply be willing to yield himself fully to Christ.

A lawyer had asked Jesus the same question, “tempting him.” This time, His answer was, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself” (Luke 10:27). But this standard is humanly unattainable by any child of Adam, so in effect, the lawyer was told it was impossible for him to do anything himself to inherit eternal life.

When the crowd asked Peter on the day of Pentecost, “pricked in their heart” because they had crucified Christ, “What shall we do?” Peter answered, “Repent, and be baptized...in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins” (Acts 2:37-38). What they had to “do” was an inward act of repentance and faith toward Christ and an outward public testimony demonstrating the reality of that inward change of heart and mind.

Years later at Philippi, a jailer asked Paul the apostle one night, “What must I do to be saved?” The answer was simply, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:30-31). HMM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the