Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Final word from Alice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final word from Alice  (Read 1574 times)
alice

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2004, 05:30:43 AM »

To all those who remember me I wanted to give you an update on my "progress".

After a great deal of soul searching, reading, praying and thinking I have come to the conclusion that there are simply too many problems with the Christian world view for me to continue to hold it. Too many contradictions, assumptions and logical gaps. All the christians that Ive spoken to have told me I must simply believe and dont worry about evidence or being rational. Some more moderate friends have tried to defend the faith but their explanations always crumble under scrutiny.

So I have decided to try living without religion and see how that is.
So far it seems ok. I do still go to church sometimes with my family but dont "feel" it like I used to.

Many folk on this board were very sweet and kind to me during what was a very difficult and stressful time as I wrestled with my beliefs and thoughts, and to them once again I say thanks.
But I wanted also to reassure them that I am no longer in turmoil. I feel a great weight off my shoulders and the freedom to think for my self and come to my own conclusions about the world has been like fresh air.

I wish you all peace and love.

Alice
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 05:57:47 AM »

To all those who remember me I wanted to give you an update on my "progress".

After a great deal of soul searching, reading, praying and thinking I have come to the conclusion that there are simply too many problems with the Christian world view for me to continue to hold it. Too many contradictions, assumptions and logical gaps. All the christians that Ive spoken to have told me I must simply believe and dont worry about evidence or being rational. Some more moderate friends have tried to defend the faith but their explanations always crumble under scrutiny.

So I have decided to try living without religion and see how that is.
So far it seems ok. I do still go to church sometimes with my family but dont "feel" it like I used to.

Many folk on this board were very sweet and kind to me during what was a very difficult and stressful time as I wrestled with my beliefs and thoughts, and to them once again I say thanks.
But I wanted also to reassure them that I am no longer in turmoil. I feel a great weight off my shoulders and the freedom to think for my self and come to my own conclusions about the world has been like fresh air.

I wish you all peace and love.

Alice
There is no joy in heaven over that decision.
Very sad indeed. However where there is life there is hope, providing the Lord does not come before that hope is realized in faith.

Cry

Support your local Christian.
grace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 01:03:15 PM »

Boy, Alice, does that sound familiar!!!

A page right out of the story of my life.

I have never seen your posts, and I don't know what your background is, but if it is anything like mine was:

I'd pretty much decided that this whole Christianity thing was a load of crap that just didn't make sense, too. Then one day, to my utter astonishment, a person I met said something about Christianity that made sense!  Shocked And Then something else... Shocked  Shocked  And then something else...  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked I have since joined a Christian community and I once again call myself a Christian- and I never thought that would happen, let me tell you! I don't agree with and accept everything that all the various members of my community believe; I struggle with plenty of things still, and I think that any Christian who is the least bit thoughtful does too. I keep having these fights with the apostle Paul... Smiley But genuine Christianity is ANYTHING BUT a neat unambiguous formula, or a complete set of pat answers. My community has the grace and wisdom to allow me to struggle, and to love and support me as I struggle.

I had had a very legalistic idea of who God was. I have come to discover, ironically enough, that my turning away from God as I then understood Him was in fact very Godly! Please, see my testimony in the Fellowship section.

I've heard it said that nothing can come between Man and God quite like religion. Give up religion if you must, but please don't give up on God! They are not one and the same. Keep praying; you don't have to go to church or officially adhere to this or that doctrine to pray to God and Jesus.

Personally, I believe that He'll draw you back, in His good time and in yours.  Wink There is much to be gained from sharing your live and faith with a grace-based faith community; it is God's intention, I believe, that we live this way.

In the meantime, please believe that there can be joy and freedom in the Christian faith, and that it is possible to live such a life without taking leave of reason.

In His love,

-Grace

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 09:03:33 AM »

Alice,

I'm sorry to hear of your choice.  I'll just add one thing to Grace's testimony, which BTW, was very good.  Jesus didn't die for a religion my friend.  He died for a relationship.  The problems can't be solved by religion.  They can be shared with Jesus.  The questions can't be answered by religion.  They can be taught by Jesus in His word.  Give up religion!  But don't miss out on the relationship He gave His life to have with you.   Smiley

Christ's,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 10:14:52 AM »

You may turn your back on Him.  He will never turn His back on you!

We love you and you will remain in our prayers.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
me

hello

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 10:44:41 AM »

Helo alice, i'm new to this community, but i want to share my faith with you. I know what you think, that christianity it's just a bunch of hypocrisy. But do you know, that Jesus Christ also hate false religion/hypocrisy? HE come to this earth not to proclaim a new religion, because he know that religion can't saved people. That's why many religious leader at Jesus timeline very hate HIM, because HE blow out their evil cover/their hypocrisy. Many people thinks that only by their good deed they can go to heaven. But we all know that only by faith in Jesus Christ we all can be saved. Jesus Christ doesn't demand you to fullfill some religious tradition, HE want you to know that HE really loves you, and hope that you will love HIM too. When you loves someone, you don't feel any burden in every thing  you done for him. Jesus Christ has given all that HE have for us, because of HIS love. I hope you don't see the christianity as a religion, but as an identity of the people who accept Jesus Christ love, and dedicate his/her entire life for Jesus Christ(because they have fallen in love with HIM too). We all love you, and hope that someday we will meet you again in Heaven, where we'll praising and worshipping GOD together & forever in the atmosphere of our FATHER'S love.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the