Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Patriot Post Digest 9-30-2019
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patriot Post Digest 9-30-2019  (Read 509 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2019, 03:01:34 PM »

The Patriot Post® · Mid-Day Digest

Sep. 30, 2019

https://patriotpost.us/digests/65801-mid-day-digest-2019-09-30

THE FOUNDATION

“In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.” —George Washington (1796)

https://patriotpost.us/fqd/65800-founders-quote-daily-2019-09-30

IN TODAY’S EDITION

The Leftmedia exerts great influence in the impeachment battle.1
    Clinton takes her 2016 blame game to the next level.2
    Daily Features: More Analysis3, Columnists4, Headlines5, Opinion in Brief6, Short Cuts7, Memes8, and Cartoons9.

IN BRIEF

How MSM Impeachment ‘Pollaganda’ Shapes Public Opinion10

Now that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has green-lighted the Demos’ Obstruction 2.0 charade11 — an “impeachment inquiry,” but without an actual House vote on this political theater — impeachment speculation churn has saturated every news-cycle loop. And that means (SHOCK) that when media outlets then poll public opinion on what they have been telling them 24/7, opinions will shift.

Recently, I pulled a top-of-the-fold headline12 from The Washington Post to demonstrate how the news cycle serves, in effect, as a mass “push poll,” or what we coined years ago as “Pollaganda13” — “mainstream media saturation of news-cycle loops with a particular narrative bias, then polling media consumers for their perspective as shaped by that narrative or bias.” It is an incestuous cycle of media deception.

Consequently, public opinion is shifting on impeachment of Donald Trump14.

After the Democrats’ Obstruction 1.0 charade15 was exposed for the fraud it was in the final Mueller report16, poll numbers supporting impeachment dropped significantly.

However, Democrats and their Leftmedia propagandists17 have now re-fired their base with their latest ruse, and accordingly, polling in support of impeachment has climbed. In July, a Quinnipac poll18 reported that 32% of Americans supported impeachment. In August, a Monmouth poll19 reported 35% support for impeachment. By the end of September, the Politico/Morning Consult poll20 reported 43% support for impeachment.

Completing the impeachment Pollaganda cycle comes this headline from The Hill: “Public opinion polls show shift toward impeaching Trump21.” Now that the full force of the media is trumping up impeachment, Hill-HarrisX reports that impeachment support is 47% and CAPS-Harris reports it’s now split 50-50. And that is exactly the calculus of the Pollaganda cycle.

This polling propaganda cycle22 is akin to the “lemming effect,” where collective actions compel individuals to comport with their group, with undesirable or even tragic results. It is an insidious and fallacious deception, and media organizations pushing such poll results without the Pollaganda disclaimer (that would be every news organization but The Patriot Post) has forfeited the last shreds of any journalistic integrity they may have once possessed.

Finally, regarding the question of the effect the Democrats’ impeachment charade will have on the 2020 presidential election, political observer David Thornton notes, “If public opinion is swinging rapidly based on the new revelations then it drastically changes the political calculus of impeachment. Where many Republicans assumed that impeachment would help the president politically, the opposite may be true given the widespread opinion that Trump’s actions were wrong.”

https://patriotpost.us/articles/65780-how-msm-impeachment-pollaganda-shapes-public-opinion-2019-09-30

Clinton: Trump Is ‘An Illegitimate President’23

Hillary Clinton has once again reminded America why she lost the 2016 presidential election — but in strident language that is at best dangerous. Over the weekend, Clinton was asked how she was doing since losing to President Donald Trump.

She replied: “Personally, I’m doing well,” but added, “I can’t deny that a big part of me cares deeply about what’s happening in the country, and what I fear is the damage that’s being done to our future — the damage being done to our values, our institutions. And I try to think of ways that I can help those who are on the front lines of the fight.”

She then asserted: “I believe [Trump] knows he’s an illegitimate president. I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did. I know that [Trump] knows that this wasn’t on the level. I don’t know that we’ll ever know everything that happened. But clearly we know a lot and are learning more every day, and history will probably sort it all out. So, of course he’s obsessed with me. And I believe that it’s a guilty conscience — insomuch as he has a conscience.”

Clinton has been playing the blame game since the day after the 2016 election, but this is the first time she’s gone so far as to actually call Trump “illegitimate” and provide a litany of “evidence” about how he stole the election.

Asked how she would respond if Trump won reelection, Clinton demonstrated that she has no faith in America’s electoral system, and like so many on the Left she views any election loss as evidence of corruption. “I don’t accept that [he will win]. I don’t believe that will happen. I believe that there were many funny things that happened in my election that will not happen again, and I’m hoping that both the public and the press understand the way that Trump plays this game.”

The truth is that Trump has been exposing how Democrats like Clinton play the game, hence the objections. But Clinton’s words are not just more run-of-the-mill anti-Trump rhetoric. There is a very heavy price for words that are tantamount to an invitation to civil war — as if this is a Third World country waiting for the next coup d'état. Words matter. Even Hillary’s.

On a final note, Clinton actually said: “I don’t care if you’re for the [Democrats] or you’re a Republican, when the president of the United States, who has taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, uses his position to in effect extort a foreign government for his political purposes, I think that is very much what the Founders worried about in high crimes and misdemeanors.” It is always laughable to hear references to “oath,” “Constitution,” and “Founders” coming out of any Democrat’s mouth.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/65797-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president

ON OUR WEBSITE TODAY

Featured Analysis: Mattel’s Indoctrinating Gender-Neutral Dolls24 — “Giving kids the freedom to create their own customizable characters again and again.”
    The Educational Dysfunction We’re Paying For25 — The most-often assigned college summer reading topics dealt with racism in America.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »

Marriage and the So-Called Gender Pay Gap26 — Highly educated professional women are finding fewer well-suited men available to marry.
    Witch Hunter Hoisted by Own Petard27 — No surprise, but a former reporter doesn’t like the taste of his own medicine.
    Grassroots Perspective: Impeachment 101 Breakdown for Overzealous Liberals28 — It isn’t as straightforward as Democrats would lead their constituents to believe.
    Video: The Church of Climatology29 — NBC News wants you to confess your climate sins. There is no doubt now; it is a religion.
    Video: Snopes Doesn’t Get Babylon Bee’s Jokes30 — Satirical articles from humor site have now been fact-checked by Snopes more than 30 times.

TOP NEWS EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

WHISTLEBLOWER ARRANGEMENTS: “House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Sunday that the whistleblower who filed a complaint regarding President Donald Trump’s call with Ukraine’s president has agreed to testify before the committee, adding that it will likely happen ‘very soon,’” The Daily Caller reports32. News of the arrangement came two days after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was subpoenaed33. Meanwhile, President Trump on Sunday fumed: “Like every American, I deserve to meet my accuser, especially when this accuser, the so-called ‘Whistleblower,’ represented a perfect conversation with a foreign leader in a totally inaccurate and fraudulent way.” In the same vein as fraud, The Federalist’s Sean Davis reveals34, “Federal records show that the intelligence community secretly revised the formal whistleblower complaint form in August 2019 to eliminate the requirement of direct, first-hand knowledge of wrongdoing.” No wonder Joe Biden’s campaign is trying to coerce the Leftmedia into silencing Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani35, which sounds suspiciously like … collusion.

CLINTON PROBE: “The Trump administration is investigating the email records of dozens of current and former senior State Department officials who sent messages to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email. … Those targeted were notified that emails they sent years ago have been retroactively classified and now constitute potential security violations, according to letters reviewed by The Washington Post. In virtually all of the cases, potentially sensitive information, now recategorized as ‘classified,’ was sent to Clinton’s unsecure inbox.” (The Washington Post36)

JUDICIAL OBSTRUCTION & ACTIVISM: “A federal judge in California ruled Friday against the Trump administration’s plan to detain illegal immigrant families longer than 20 days, undercutting the president’s attempt to close the chief ‘loophole’ that caused this year’s border surge. Judge Dolly M. Gee, an Obama appointee, has long been a stumbling block for Homeland Security and its immigration plans, and the ruling was expected. The administration is likely to quickly appeal.” (The Washington Times37)

A ‘MEDICARE FOR ALL’ HARBINGER: “Federal authorities on Friday charged more than 30 individuals in connection with an alleged Medicare-fraud scheme that took as much as $2 billion out of the pockets of taxpayers before it was detected. The scheme revolved around tricking seniors into getting their cheeks swabbed for unnecessary DNA tests that would supposedly tell them whether they were genetically predisposed to serious diseases, including cancer. The defendants would then charge Medicare for the swabs. In total, they are alleged to have collected $2 billion in reimbursements, with the typical bill running between $7,000 and $12,000.” (National Review38)

NORTH CAROLINA GERRYMANDERING: “Democrats are headed back to court to challenge the validity of North Carolina’s 13 congressional districts, just weeks after the state’s highest court ruled that the Republican-controlled legislature unconstitutionally gerrymandered state-level maps. A new lawsuit filed Friday on behalf of 14 North Carolina voters challenges Republican-drawn maps that first went into effect ahead of the 2016 elections, after a court threw out a previous set of maps that were drawn after the 2010 census.” (The Hill39)

FAKE RELIGIOUS NEWS: Writing in Psychology Today, Tyler J. VanderWeele says40: “In 2015, a paper by Jean Decety and co-authors reported that children who were brought up religiously were less generous. The paper received a great deal of attention… As it turned out, however, the paper by Decety was wrong. … Upon re-analysis, [social psychologist Azim] Shariff discovered that the results were due to a coding error.” In the Washington Examiner, Madeline Fry responds41: “It was clear all along that something was not right with the paper. … Some news outlets, though, still haven’t changed their reporting. The science journal made the (very belated) right call to formally retract the article, but it’s also important that those who disseminated it correct the widely shared and false findings. The outlets that published the results of the paper ought to update their articles, even if that’s painful for their confirmation bias.”

UPSTAGING HEALTH WITH IDEOLOGY: “Here’s a horror show of a story that you’re probably not going to see on CNN anytime soon. A report emerged on Thursday indicating that the puberty-blocking drug Leuprolide Acetate (Lupron) has resulted in tens of thousands of serious ‘adverse reactions’ in patients, including more than six thousand deaths. That’s bad enough, but it’s even more significant when you consider that this is one of the drugs being administered by doctors to so-called ‘transgender children’ to unnaturally prevent their normal sexual development. And the testing done on the drug by the FDA for such applications appears to be thin at best.” (Hot Air42)

SPEECH CONTROL: “The craziness in New York City continues unabated. In the municipal government’s endless war against the insufficiently woke, a new weapon has been added to the social justice warriors’ arsenal. The City Hall Commission on Human Rights has now issued an edict saying that it will henceforth be illegal to use the phrase ‘illegal alien’ if it’s directed at someone in a way that is ‘motivated by hate.’ You will also be in violation of the law if you threaten to call immigration enforcement on an illegal alien.” (Hot Air43)

A TALE OF TWO SEASONS “One week after summer’s end, a ‘winter’ storm began blasting parts of the West with up to 3 feet of snow, smashing records with low temperatures, heavy snow, strong winds and blizzard conditions forecast into Monday,” USA Today reports44. On the other hand, “Temperatures will soar to 10 to 25 degrees above average through much of this week across the Deep South and into the Ohio Valley, mid-Atlantic and Northeast,” according to The Weather Channel45. For those wondering about the implications of global warming, keep in mind that extreme weather — both of the hot and cold variety — has been and always will be Mother Nature’s way of finding equilibrium.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »

POLICY: The media business shouldn’t be protected from antitrust (American Enterprise Institute46)

POLICY: Depression-era trade policy is way out of style (Washington Examiner47)

HUMOR: Local man nominated for Nobel Prize after constantly complaining about the heat (Genesius Times48)

For more of today’s editors’ choice headlines, visit In Our Sights49.

The Patriot Post is a certified ad-free news service, unlike third-party commercial news sites linked on this page, which may also require a paid subscription.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/65799-monday-top-news-executive-summary-2019-09-30

OPINION IN BRIEF

Peggy Noonan: “In the end, in purely practical political terms, the one person who will be hurt by [the Ukraine] story will be Joe Biden. Every telling of this story necessitates pointing out that Mr. Biden’s son Hunter had cozy financial relationships with other countries, including Ukraine. It’s real swamp stuff. It looks bad, say the former vice president’s friends. No, it is bad. It is infuriating that members of America’s leadership class so often show themselves to the world as self-enriching. As a nation we spent the 20th century presenting ourselves to the world as a truly moral leader, a self sacrificing country, one to be looked up to. In the 21st century our political figures and their families too often look like scrounging grifters — Americans with connections who can be hired, who leverage connections to fame for profit. There’s a fairly constant air of soft corruption, of an easy, seamy reality of big-power back scratching. It makes America look bad. It makes us look weak and craven, like we can be bought. … The story of Hunter Biden and his business adventures isn’t new, and yet sometimes stories come alive in new ways. This one will probably come into focus for a while and be emblematic of the swamp. Joe Biden probably thought it was old news, already dissected and dismissed. But it’s back, and will hit him like a kidney punch.”

SHORT CUTS

Insight: “When you see all that rhetorical smoke billowing up from the Democrats, well, ladies and gentleman, I’d follow the example of their nominee; don’t inhale.” —Ronald Reagan

Observations: “Unfortunately for Pelosi and Democrats, impeachment now has everything to do with the election. Their message to the American people is now unmistakable: you were wrong in 2016, and we’re going to set things right. You couldn’t be trusted to elect the right president, so we’re canceling Trump’s election.” —John Daniel Davidson

The BIG Lie: “[Attorney General William Barr has] gone rogue. I think where they’re going is a cover-up of a cover-up.” —House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Phony nobility: “[Losing the House] doesn’t matter. Our first responsibility is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” —Nancy Pelosi (And the only way to do that is for Democrats to lose.)

Acquiescing to the mob: “Up to this point, I have been opposed to pursuing impeachment because it will further divide our already badly divided country. However, after looking carefully at the transcript of the conversation with Ukraine’s President, the whistleblower complaint, the Inspector General memo, and President Trump’s comments about the issue, unfortunately, I believe that if we do not proceed with the inquiry, it will set a very dangerous precedent.” —Rep. Tulsi Gabbard

Grand delusions: “I’m calling upon those who are close to President Trump right now … to advise him to do the right thing and to resign from this office.” —Beto O'Rourke

Lacking self-awareness: “This occupant of the Oval Office poses a clear and present danger to our future, to our democracy.” —Hillary Clinton, who was rejected for being a clear and danger to our republic

Non compos mentis: “People have said to me, you know, ‘Do you think these hearings are going to take very long?’ Not really, because there’s a whole lot of direct evidence including [Trump’s] virtual confession.” —Sen. Kamala Harris

Non sequitur: “[Trump] stabbed in the back the career foreign service officers who serve bravely and selflessly no matter the politics of the administration that they are working under. And now they are caught in the crossfire.” —Hillary Clinton (On the contrary, deep-state leakers stabbed Trump in the back.)

Braying jackass: “I still believe Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. And like the man who appointed him, Brett Kavanaugh should be impeached.” —Elizabeth Warren

And last… “Four large secrets that most of the American media are afraid to utter are that the American economy is growing in a way that is directly helpful to the most vulnerable segments of society; that the administration’s trade policy is clearly working; that the flow of illegal immigrants is sharply diminishing; and that for the first time in 65 years, the United States has practically ceased to be a net oil importer.” —Conrad Black

https://patriotpost.us/articles/65796-monday-short-cuts-2019-09-30

Join our editors and staff in daily prayer for our Patriots in uniform — Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen — standing in harm’s way in defense of Liberty, and for their families. We also humbly ask prayer for your Patriot team, that our mission would seed and encourage the spirit of Liberty in the hearts and minds of our countrymen.

Semper Vigilans Fortis Paratus et Fidelis

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the