Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "THE WAY" SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "THE WAY" SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH  (Read 12589 times)
The Crusader
« on: March 10, 2004, 06:35:40 AM »

SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH

I hope to explain some things to help you understand salvation. I urge you to read the King James authorized version of the bible for the truth of God to verify the scriptural references given.

We as members of mankind are separated from the righteous and Holy God by our sinful nature:

Ro:3:10: As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(see also Rom. 3:9-19, 1Cor. 6:9-10,).
It is in our heart and our flesh not to obey the righteousness of God against whom we sin by our free will (Jerimiah 17:9-10, Mark 7:21-23, Rom. 7:18, Gal. 5:19-21). We cannot be justified by doing the works of the law for for the law shows us as deserving the penalty for disobedience to Gods perfect will:

Ro:3:20: Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
(see also Gal 2:16, Gal 3:10-12,).
The penalty that we deserve is to be subjected to the wrath of God (Rom. 1:18-32, also see Luke 16:19-29, & Revelations 16:1-21). Mankind has no way of being saved from this wrath through his own devices and is left totally in need of salvation from the everlasting, terrible, and perfect judgement of God who finds us all guilty under his Law:

Ro:3:23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(see also Rom.3:19)

Re:20:15: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
But God in his great love towards us provided a Saviour who is Christ Jesus. He paid the penalty for our sins by his death on the cross, being buried, and risen again. Below is the gospel (good news) saves anyone who believes it:

1Co:15:1: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co:15:2: By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co:15:3: For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co:15:4: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
(see also Rom.5:8-9, Eph.1:7, Col.2:13).
The word of truth declares Jesus Christ as the way of, and, to the Father (John 1:1-5, 1:14, John 11:25, John 14:6,Rom. 8:1-3, Rom. 10:4, 10:9, 10:13, Colossians 2:8-9, 1st John 5:7,). By trusting in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, one has peace with God, salvation, justification, reconcilliation, and atonement for our sins. All of this is given to us as a free gift (Rom. 5:1, 5:9-21, Rom. 6:23). The very moment a person trust on Jesus Christ, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit, unto the day of redemption:

Eph:1:13: In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Eph:1:14: Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
(see also 2Cor.1:22).
Our salvation is kept secure by the faith of Jesus Christ and not by our abilities at being faithful. We who believe have his righteousness put upon us (Rom.3:21-22, Rom.4:20-25). After one is saved, if their faith fails, they are still kept saved because Jesus is faithful in what he did at the cross for us (Gal.2:16,20, Eph.3:12, Phil.3:9). One must understand that salvation is not according to our works, but is based simply on trusting the gospel of Christ (1 Cor 15:1-4,) which declares the finished work of the Lord:

Ro:4:5: But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Eph:2:8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph:2:9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ti:3:4: But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Ti:3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost
(see also Rom. 11:6).
Remember, we are instantly sealed the moment we trusted that Jesus Christ died for all of our sins, was buried, and is risen as our Savior. No matter what bad works we do, we are sealed (Eph.4:30). In the day of redemption, the Lord will gather both the dead, and living who are in Christ, unto himself above (1Cor.15:51-57, Phill. 3:20-21, 1Thess. 4:16-18,). An individual who trusted what happened at the cross will be caught up in the air, and their good and bad works will be tried so as by fire, yet that person will be saved. this trial will determine their rewards in glory (1Cor. 3:11-15, 2Cor.5:10-11). It is a personal decision of our own free will to believe that he paid for our sins and be saved or not (Act.16:31, ICor.1:21).

1Co:1:21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
If you have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ I thank God for fellowship in the gospel of Christ. If you have not settled it in your mind about the finished work of the Lord, I urge you this day to simply trust that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and risen again. He shed his blood for you which paid for all your sins (Eph. 1:7, Col.2:13), and by rising from the dead, has won the victory over death for you personally (Rom. 1:4, 1Cor.15:20, 1Thess.1:10):

1Co:15:56: The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Co:15:57: But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.fortunecity.com/millennium/treearbor/603/salvation.html

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 08:29:59 AM »

AMEN!

1Co:15:57: But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
 Cheesy

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 02:50:21 PM »

One more AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!! Crusader Grin

Yes!!!!!! and Amen

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Palmoni

To decide NOT to decide IS to decide!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 03:01:21 PM »

SmileyOkay! i just have to add my AMEN as well! Good Explaination brother!

PALMONI [[ If what you believe is not worth dying for, then maybe it's not worth living for. ]]
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 06:01:28 AM »

SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH

I hope to explain some things to help you understand salvation. I urge you to read the King James authorized version of the bible for the truth of God to verify the scriptural references given.

We as members of mankind are separated from the righteous and Holy God by our sinful nature:

Ro:3:10: As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(see also Rom. 3:9-19, 1Cor. 6:9-10,).
It is in our heart and our flesh not to obey the righteousness of God against whom we sin by our free will (Jerimiah 17:9-10, Mark 7:21-23, Rom. 7:18, Gal. 5:19-21). We cannot be justified by doing the works of the law for for the law shows us as deserving the penalty for disobedience to Gods perfect will:

Ro:3:20: Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
(see also Gal 2:16, Gal 3:10-12,).
The penalty that we deserve is to be subjected to the wrath of God (Rom. 1:18-32, also see Luke 16:19-29, & Revelations 16:1-21). Mankind has no way of being saved from this wrath through his own devices and is left totally in need of salvation from the everlasting, terrible, and perfect judgement of God who finds us all guilty under his Law:

Ro:3:23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(see also Rom.3:19)

Re:20:15: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
But God in his great love towards us provided a Saviour who is Christ Jesus. He paid the penalty for our sins by his death on the cross, being buried, and risen again. Below is the gospel (good news) saves anyone who believes it:

1Co:15:1: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co:15:2: By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co:15:3: For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co:15:4: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
(see also Rom.5:8-9, Eph.1:7, Col.2:13).
The word of truth declares Jesus Christ as the way of, and, to the Father (John 1:1-5, 1:14, John 11:25, John 14:6,Rom. 8:1-3, Rom. 10:4, 10:9, 10:13, Colossians 2:8-9, 1st John 5:7,). By trusting in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, one has peace with God, salvation, justification, reconcilliation, and atonement for our sins. All of this is given to us as a free gift (Rom. 5:1, 5:9-21, Rom. 6:23). The very moment a person trust on Jesus Christ, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit, unto the day of redemption:

Eph:1:13: In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Eph:1:14: Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
(see also 2Cor.1:22).
Our salvation is kept secure by the faith of Jesus Christ and not by our abilities at being faithful. We who believe have his righteousness put upon us (Rom.3:21-22, Rom.4:20-25). After one is saved, if their faith fails, they are still kept saved because Jesus is faithful in what he did at the cross for us (Gal.2:16,20, Eph.3:12, Phil.3:9). One must understand that salvation is not according to our works, but is based simply on trusting the gospel of Christ (1 Cor 15:1-4,) which declares the finished work of the Lord:

Ro:4:5: But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Eph:2:8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph:2:9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ti:3:4: But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Ti:3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost
(see also Rom. 11:6).
Remember, we are instantly sealed the moment we trusted that Jesus Christ died for all of our sins, was buried, and is risen as our Savior. No matter what bad works we do, we are sealed (Eph.4:30). In the day of redemption, the Lord will gather both the dead, and living who are in Christ, unto himself above (1Cor.15:51-57, Phill. 3:20-21, 1Thess. 4:16-18,). An individual who trusted what happened at the cross will be caught up in the air, and their good and bad works will be tried so as by fire, yet that person will be saved. this trial will determine their rewards in glory (1Cor. 3:11-15, 2Cor.5:10-11). It is a personal decision of our own free will to believe that he paid for our sins and be saved or not (Act.16:31, ICor.1:21).

1Co:1:21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
If you have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ I thank God for fellowship in the gospel of Christ. If you have not settled it in your mind about the finished work of the Lord, I urge you this day to simply trust that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and risen again. He shed his blood for you which paid for all your sins (Eph. 1:7, Col.2:13), and by rising from the dead, has won the victory over death for you personally (Rom. 1:4, 1Cor.15:20, 1Thess.1:10):

http://www.fortunecity.com/millennium/treearbor/603/salvation.html

Great Study Brother

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
The Crusader
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 05:51:07 AM »

A man dies and goes to heaven. Of course, St. Peter meets him at the Pearly
Gates. St. Peter says, "Here's how it works. You need 100 points to make it
into heaven. You tell me all the good things you've done, and I give you a
certain number of points for each item, depending on how good it was. When
you reach 100 points, you get in."

"Okay," the man says, "I was married to the same woman for 50 years and
never cheated on her, even in my heart."

"That's wonderful," says St. Peter, "that's worth three points!"

"Three points?" he says. "Well, I attended church all my life and supported
its ministry with my tithe and service."

"Terrific!" says St. Peter. "That's certainly worth a point."

"One point?!!" "I started a soup kitchen in my city and worked in a shelter
for homeless veterans."

"Fantastic, that's good for two more points," he says.

"Two points!?!!" Exasperated, the man cries. "At this rate
the only way I'll get into heaven is by the grace of God."

"Bingo, 100 points! Come on in!"
tn_lady68

I am redeemed!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 06:00:21 AM »

Grin Very nice Crusader.
"At this rate
the only way I'll get into heaven is by the grace of God."

"Bingo, 100 points! Come on in!"

Cool Thanks for the great study. I was just studing this yesterday, took my bible and papers to sons practice. It was kinda funny in a way. Here I was sitting there looking up these scriptures and writing them down and occasionally looking up shouting encouragment to my son.... Inspirational... Cool

I love Jesus!
Connie D.

**For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall alal be made alive. 1 Cor. 15:21,22**
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the