Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Patriot Post Digest 10-20-2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patriot Post Digest 10-20-2016  (Read 357 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2016, 06:12:18 PM »

Mid-Day Digest · October 20, 2016

IN TODAY'S EDITION

In the final debate, Trump was right about a great many things.
    Another Bill Clinton accuser comes forward. How will she be treated?
    The EPA couldn't care less about coal job losses, but a court says it should.
    Michael Moore can thank Citizens United for his latest propaganda film.
    And more news, policy and opinion.

THE FOUNDATION

"The opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves, in their own sphere of action, but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch." —Thomas Jefferson (1804)

FEATURED RIGHT ANALYSIS
The Final Debate — Trump Was Right

By Mark Alexander

In the third and final confrontation between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, despite her polished "robo-call" rebuttals and his rambling remarks, this was Trump's best performance — and he got the last word in with spontaneous closing remarks that were uncharacteristically cogent.

Despite Trump's abysmal performance in the first debate, and improved performance in the second debate, he demonstrated in the third debate, despite never having held elective office, that he learns from experience.

This was Trump's best performance, despite the mass media hysterics at his hedge regarding the results of this election. (More on that below.)

Clinton directed many of her answers to her largest and most dependable constituency — female voters, majorities of whom handed back to back victories to Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996, and Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012. As I noted yesterday in "Democrats Grope the Gender Gap, duping female voters is Clinton's best assurance of victory in 2016.

To that end, Clinton is doing a masterful job deceiving her female base, diverting attention from her profound ineptitude by rolling out "Trump accusers," which she and her media will continue to do until all ballots have been cast. Oh, the faux indignation!

For his part, moderator Chris Wallace provided the most objective Q&A of the three debates.

However, while he pressed Trump on his lewd record in reference to women, he totally failed to press Clinton on the most controversial issue she faces in this election — her illegal concealment and destruction of communications while secretary of state, and the WikiLeaks release of some of those communications indicating her deceptions and duplicity. (More on that below.)

Here are the most important takeaways from this debate.

On the Supreme Court:

The first question of the evening was the most important.

Wallace: "The next president will almost certainly have at least one appointment and likely or possibly two or three appointments, which means that you will in effect determine the balance of the [Supreme] Court for what could be the next quarter century. First of all, where do you want to see the Court take the country? And secondly, what's your view on how the Constitution should be interpreted? Do the Founders' words mean what they say or is it a living document to be applied flexibly, according to changing circumstances?"

Clinton responded, "You know, I think when we talk about the Supreme Court, it really raises the central issue in this election. Namely, what kind of country are we going to be?" She went on to outline how she would appoint judges who will do her political bidding — avoiding Wallace's question, not mentioning the Constitution, and defining exactly what Thomas Jefferson called "the despotic branch," a court which defers to the rule of men rather than its constitutionally prescribed duty to uphold the Rule of Law. Such thinking would, in Jefferson's words, treat the Constitution as "a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary which they may twist and shape into any form they please."

Since passage of the Judiciary Act of 1789, with a slight modification in 1990, the SCOTUS oath has read: "I ... do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

Trump has already released a list of his prospective nominees, all of whom are conservative constitutional constructionists. Accordingly, he replied that his nominees "will interpret the Constitution the way the Founders wanted it interpreted." He added, "I believe that's very important. I don't think we should have justices appointed that decide what they want to hear."

If you find no other reason to vote the presidential ticket in November, vote for the Supreme Court nominees who will abide by their oaths — and Rule of Law.

On the Supreme Court, Trump was right...

Clinton's secret off-grid communications:

Hillary, clearly concerned about what revelations about her not-so-secret communications are yet to surface, is now pivoting (as noted by Trump) from the substance of her illegal communications to how WikiLeaks obtained them. Her strategy is, ignore the message, shoot the messenger.

Early in the debate, Clinton claimed, "What is really important about WikiLeaks is that the Russian government has engaged in espionage against Americans." Trump noted, "That was a great pivot off the fact that she wants open borders."

Fact is, Clinton left the door wide open for what she characterized as "espionage against Americans." And she claimed that "17 of our intelligence agencies have confirmed [the hacking was] to influence our election." No they didn't. Two government agencies, DNI and DHS, have opined that, in their assessment, the hacks "are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts."

However, I hasten to add, of course Russia pulled information from Clinton's unsecured illegal communication servers. Of course Russia and other U.S. adversaries are doing everything they can to gain access to information about our foreign policy — just as we are endeavoring to do by hacking their communications. Too bad Putin doesn't have a private communication server in his bedroom closet.

The point here is that Clinton made stealing critical communications easy — any adolescent with some basic IT skills could have hacked Clinton's closet servers. Clinton thought she had successfully erased 32,000 emails from her illegal server before handing the rest over to the FBI, but now is shocked to find out her server had been hacked.

Fact is, the Russians, Chinese, Saudis and others probably were reading her off-grid communications real time.

Clinton had the audacity to reference "the military and civilian intelligence professionals who are sworn to protect us." As secretary of state, she outranked those professionals, and completely disregarded her own sworn oath. And currently, one of those military professionals, a four-star general is under indictment for mishandling classified information.

On Clinton's criminal communications, Trump was right...

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »

On the rise of the Islamic State:

Trump noted, "[Clinton] gave us ISIS because she and Obama created this huge vacuum, and a small group came out of that huge vacuum ... in Iraq. She gave us ISIS as sure as you are sitting there. And what happened is now ISIS is in 32 countries. Now I listen to how she's going to get rid of ISIS. She's going to get to rid of nobody."

Indeed, as I have documented well, Obama and Clinton created the Islamic State by way of their ill-advised, politically motivated withdrawal from Iraq. Keeping that political promise in 2012 was also responsible for Clinton's Benghazi cover up.

On Clinton creating ISIL, Trump was right...

On the Second Amendment:

In one of her biggest lies of the evening, Clinton claimed, "I support the Second Amendment. I lived in Arkansas for 18 wonderful years. I represented upstate New York. I understand and respect the tradition of gun ownership."

The Second Amendment has nothing to do with "the tradition of gun ownership" and everything to do with defending the Rule of Law enshrined in our Constitution against the rise of tyranny — including the incremental emergence of tyranny over time, which at some point will reach critical mass.

Clinton then pivoted to "toddlers with guns," claiming gun control legislation in DC was about protecting "toddlers from guns." The Court, she insisted, "wanted people with guns to safely store them, and the Court didn't accept that reasonable regulation." No, DC banned handguns, and for the record, more toddlers drown in five gallon buckets left unattended than are shot to death.

Clinton and company toss around "gun deaths" like they do "climate change," as a catch-all for their ulterior motives. For example, Clinton claimed "33,000 people a year die from guns."

Actually, according to the FBI's latest data, the most comprehensive crime data nationwide, there were 13,455 murders in 2015, 9,616 committed with firearms, and 6,447 with handguns. Notably, crime is trending up under Obama. Trump was correct — despite more than 50,000 federal, state and local gun laws, the most crime-ridden communities in America have the strictest gun laws — and Democrat mayors...

Notably, almost all of those murders are thug-on-thug, gangbangers killing each other, or what my law enforcement colleagues call "self-solvers." Fact is, if you are not involved in gangs or drugs, your chances of being murdered with a gun are about as low as in Western Europe, where there are total bans on guns.

Trump reiterated his support for the Second Amendment, and on 2A, Trump was right...

Trump and the election results:

The 24-hour mass media talking heads and headlines all led with news that Trump hedged on accepting election results — as a means of diverting attention from the substance of the debate.

Of course Trump hedged. This week, there was additional evidence of Democrat Party collusion in the registration of illegal immigrants to vote. Trump's objection to massive voter fraud and media collusion is the basis for his hedge.

Recall, if you will, that in 1960, the Democrat Party clearly "rigged the election" between Kennedy and Nixon, primarily in Chicago, giving JFK a narrow victory over Nixon. Oh, and recall the fact that Albert Gore rejected the election results in 2000 until they were finally certified and he had run out of court challenges.

On voter fraud and media collusion, Trump was right.

Trump's closing statement:

Chris Wallace closed the evening by asking both candidates to give brief closing remarks, something that they were not prepared to do. Clinton fumbled around, but Trump was on the mark:

"When I started this campaign, I started it very strongly. It's called Make America Great Again. We're going to make America great. We have a depleted military. It has to be helped. It has to be fixed. We have the greatest people on Earth in our military. We don't take care of our veterans. We take care of illegal immigrants, people that come into our country illegally better than we take care of our vets. That can't happen. Our policemen and women are disrespected. We need law and order, but we need justice too. Our inner cities are a disaster. You get shot walking to the store. They have no education. They have no jobs. I will do more for African-Americans and Latinos that she can do for 10 lifetimes. All she's done is talk to the African-Americans and to the Latinos, but [Democrats] get the vote and then ... they say, 'We'll see you in four years.' We are going to make America strong again and we are going to make America great again and it has to start now. We cannot take four more years of Barack Obama, and that's what you get when you get her."

Bottom line, Clinton made several reference to Trump's "patterns," but the most significant pattern is her own prolific record of lies, her criminal enterprises and her political malfeasance.

Clinton is a well-oiled slick politico, but as Trump noted, "I say the one thing you have over me is experience. But it is bad experience because what you've done has turned out badly."

Again, let me reiterate, if you find no other reason to vote the presidential ticket in November, vote for the Supreme Court nominees who will abide by their oaths — and Rule of Law.

Don't Miss Alexander's Column

Read Democrats Grope Female Gender Gap. Despite Hillary Clinton's decades-long war on women, women voters will likely put her over the top.

If you'd like to receive Alexander's Column by email, update your subscription here.

BEST OF RIGHT OPINION

Cal Thomas: The Bernie Sanders Effect
    Veronique de Rugy: The Trillion-Dollar Question
    George Will: Colleges Should Encourage — Not Suppress — a Diversity of Viewpoints

For more, visit Right Opinion.

TOP HEADLINES

Iran Eyes More U.S. Ransom Payments
    Russian Tied to U.S. Hacking Arrested
    First Nuclear Plant in 20 Years Opens
    Teacher Tells Class: 'To Be White Is to Be Racist'

For more, visit Patriot Headline Report.

TOP RIGHT HOOKS

About That New Bill Clinton Accuser

News has surfaced of yet another woman accusing Bill Clinton of sexual assault. Leslie Milwee, a reporter at a TV station in Arkansas in 1980, claims that then-Governor Clinton sexually assaulted her in a news room on three occasions. When questioned as to why she waited until now to tell her story, Milwee responded, "I watched the way the Clintons and Hillary slandered [Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey and Paula Jones] — did unthinkable things to them. And I just did not want to be part of that. I had very small children at the time. I had a job in pharmaceuticals. ... I didn't want to do anything to bring harm to my career and my family."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »

In light of the resent and far more politically convenient accusations made by several women who claim Donald Trump sexually assaulted them in the past, it will be interesting to see how the Leftmedia responds to this accusation against Clinton. Will they question the timing of this story as politically motivated or will they take it at face value? (So far, it's been lost amid the apocalyptic warnings about the end of democracy after Trump refused to say he'd respect the election results.) Admittedly, it's not Bill who's currently running for office, but he is still married to Hillary, and she has repeatedly latched onto the accusations against Trump as proof of him being unfit for office. How will Hillary respond to this latest accusation? The response of both Hillary Clinton and the media will speak volumes to their motivations regarding this election and their commitment to women. Not that we don't already know the score...

EPA Couldn't Care Less About Coal Job Losses

Murray Energy Corp. scored a victory this week — albeit probably a minor one — thanks to District Judge John Preston Bailey, who ruled that the EPA failed to calculate the number of job losses resulting from its regulatory avalanche on America's energy infrastructure, particularly coal. Judge Bailey said, "Congress unmistakably intended to track and monitor the effects of the Clean Air Act and its implementing regulations on employment in order to improve the legislative and regulatory processes." Furthermore, "EPA cannot redefine statutes to avoid complying with them. Nor can EPA render them superfluous or contrary to their original purpose by simply defining them to be."

There is a catch, however, as Hot Air's Jazz Shaw explains: "This ruling may indeed force someone at the agency to go dredge up their projections for job losses, collect the data for actual mine closures and layoffs and publish all of it. But that doesn't mean that they will then turn around and modify any of their regulatory policies with an eye toward saving jobs. They can dump that task in the lap of Congress, deciding internally that such losses are simply one of the costs of doing business." In any case, Judge Bailey's smackdown further elucidates the absurdity of Barack Obama's claim to lead the most transparent administration in history. The EPA clearly didn't want to take job losses into consideration. Now it's up to Congress to show that it cares.

Moore's Latest Propaganda Film

Leftist documentarian Michael Moore has released his latest film, entitled "Michael Moore in Trumpland." As a little advertising bait, Moore claims that "Ohio Republicans tried to shut down [the film]." In true Michael Moore fashion, the "documentary" is more fiction than fact. The movie is about Moore's attempt to put on a one-man show at the Midland Theater in Newark, Ohio, and the management that supposedly "prevented him from taking the stage as they deemed him too controversial." This is classic Michael Moore spinning a yarn.

The Midland Theater was never able to reach an agreement with Moore over the show, but it was not due to his political leanings. The theater's executive director responded to the erroneous claim, stating, "[The theater and Moore were] unable to resolve a number of details and concerns in a comfortable timeframe, [so] the theatre declined to present Mr. Moore's show. No contract was offered nor agreed upon. It is disappointing when a singular business decision leads to disrespectful assumptions and public commentary about our entire community. We remain focused on supporting the arts and culture in our community and the power they have to transform lives."

Unsurprisingly, "Michael Moore in Trumpland" is more of a propaganda piece for Hillary Clinton than a hard-hitting exposé on Donald Trump. Moore seemed primarily concerned with shoring up one of Hillary's most glaring weaknesses: likability. As Moore has done in all his films, he unabashedly twists the truth to favor of his own perspectives and criticisms, all while mocking Americans who believe in the foundational values of this great nation. The irony is that he's free to do it at this moment in time thanks to the Left's most hated recent Supreme Court decision: Citizens United.

MORE ANALYSIS FROM THE PATRIOT POST

The Media-Democrat Complex — WikiLeaks has revealed a rogues gallery of compromised journalists, and institutions that enable them.
    VA Removes Good Book From Clinic — Mikey Weinstein fired off a letter to a VA center on behalf of a disgruntled veteran.

OPINION IN BRIEF

Cal Thomas: "Forty-five percent of [millennials] polled between the ages of 16 and 20 years old said they would vote for a socialist, while 20 percent said they could vote for a communist. ... Even more shocking is ... that a third of millennials believe more people were killed under George W. Bush than Joseph Stalin, whose regime murdered 20 million people between 1924 and 1953. The total killed under all communist regimes (so far) is estimated at 100 million. ... The late Catholic Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen brilliantly summed up the problem with modern society more than a half-century ago; before it evolved into the morally chaotic nation we are today. He wrote, 'America, it is said, is suffering from intolerance — it is not. It is suffering from tolerance. Tolerance of right and wrong, truth and error, virtue and evil, Christ and chaos. Our country is not nearly so overrun with the bigoted as it is overrun with the broadminded.' ... These poll results ought to spur more parents to rescue their children from an education system that is failing them on many levels. Maybe a field trip to a communist country would cure millennials of their moral equivalence. They might start by visiting the prisons in Cuba."

SHORT CUTS

Insight: "The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out." —Thomas Babington Macaulay (1800-1859)

For the record: "Hillary Clinton wants to appoint Supreme Court Justices who 'understand how the world really works.' What on earth can this mean other than trashing the constitutional rights of Americans if they seem imprudent? I don't want a justice who says, 'Sure, freedom of speech sounds good, but in the real world we have to punish you for certain political speech or anything we consider to be hate speech.' I don't want a justice who says, 'Sure, there's a right to bear arms, but in the real world there isn't.'" —David Marcus

Nailed it: "The idea that Clinton, the woman who in 2008 argued that Barack Obama's health-care plans were too modest, wants to keep government out of health-care decisions is worthy of 8,000 Pinocchios. Yet this is how she couches her support for unlimited abortions." —David Harsanyi

Belly laugh of the year: "I will not add a penny to the debt." —Hillary Clinton

Braying Jenny: "I'm not talking to climate deniers. That's it. Sorry, I know I'm supposed to be for everybody, but my patience has worn thin over eight years." —Gina McCarthy

Upright: "Corruption regularized over time simply becomes background noise. ... All corruption should be shocking. The fact that it isn't helps explain why the 2016 election has become a competition in pursuing new lows: The old lows just don't register anymore." —Ben Shapiro

And last... "If we were smart, none of us would accept the results of an election that gave us either Trump or Hillary. This is obviously a sick system." —Frank Fleming

Semper Vigilans Fortis Paratus et Fidelis!
Managing Editor Nate Jackson

Join us in daily prayer for our Patriots in uniform — Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen — standing in harm's way in defense of Liberty, and for their families.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the