Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Patriot Post Digest 8-5-2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patriot Post Digest 8-5-2016  (Read 487 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2016, 06:26:28 PM »

Mid-Day Digest

Aug. 5, 2016

THE FOUNDATION

“National defense is one of the cardinal duties of a statesman.” —John Adams (1815)

TOP RIGHT HOOKS

‘Never Mind Hillary’s Actual Breaches, Let’s Worry About Trump’1

Barack Obama attempted damage control Thursday as he responded to criticism over his $400 million cash payment to Iran2, which has been widely viewed as a ransom for four American hostages. Obama sought to deflect the idea that the payment had anything to do with a “nefarious deal” and criticized the reporting on the story as out of a “spy novel” rather than reality. “It is not at all clear to me why it is that cash as opposed to a check or a wire transfer has made this into a news story. Maybe because it feels like some spy novel or, you know, some crime novel.”

What does it say about Obama that his schemes are so ridiculous that his only defense is to call the stories about them ridiculous? If he wouldn’t run his administration like a crime syndicate, the stories about his administration wouldn’t sound like a crime novel.

Obama then decided to weigh in on the fact that both presidential candidates will be receiving classified security briefings, and that both candidates “have been told these are classified briefings.” He warned that Donald Trump would need to keep this sensitive information secret — to be “able to receive these briefings and not spread them around.” Is he kidding? What of Obama’s former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton? The press conveniently did not raise any objections or questions regarding Hillary and her email scandal3. You know, the one in which she sent and received thousands of classified emails — including those with TOP SECRET information — over an unsecured private server. Obama will never mention that again, and the Leftmedia will be happy to not ask.

The idea that Barack “I did not pay a ransom” Obama would worry more about classified security breaches from Trump, who has no record of leaking classified information, rather than Hillary, who by her own handiwork is the most compromised nominee4 in the history of the nation, is beyond ridiculous. Again, it’s no wonder people read about his administration like it’s a crime novel.

A Gold Star Meeting for Trump5

The controversy over Donald Trump’s comments about the Gold Star family who spoke at the Democrat Convention has dominated the media all week. What did not get much coverage, however, was the fact that Trump met with six Gold Star families Wednesday evening in Jacksonville. Karen Vaughn, whose son was a Navy SEAL killed in action, organized the gathering. “It was really a chance to tell our stories, but also talk about problems with the rules of engagement [for troops in war zones] and the failed policies of the current administration,” Vaughn said later. “I walked out feeling like I understood where his heart is, regardless of the comments that he made that may seem insensitive to some.” Vaughn also spoke at the GOP convention, but again, she didn’t get much media coverage.

We have noted how poorly Trump handled6 the situation with the DNC speakers. But this was a good move on his part to show solidarity with these families and to support — including monetarily — their cause. And that’s why you may not hear this story on the evening news. As Gary Bauer notes, “Don’t lose sight of the role that the media play in perpetuating stories that hurt Trump and stifling those that might help him.”

Don’t Tread on Clint Eastwood7

Clint Eastwood is no stranger to controversy. After all, this is the guy who lectured an empty chair representing Barack Obama at the 2012 GOP convention. So it wasn’t surprising — though it may raise some eyebrows — that he had this rather crass and curmudgeonly but entirely accurate thing to say about our modern era and Donald Trump: “He’s onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That’s the kiss-ass generation we’re in right now. We’re really in a pussy generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells.” He continued, “We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist. And then when I did ‘Gran Torino,’ even my associate said, ‘This is a really good script, but it’s politically incorrect.’ And I said, ‘Good. Let me read it tonight.’ The next morning, I came in and I threw it on his desk and I said, ‘We’re starting this immediately.’”

Also, get off his lawn.

Readers of these pages know Eastwood isn’t playing make believe when it comes to the ridiculous grievance industry. In fact, here’s the latest example: Law professor Eugene Volokh writes8, “The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, among its other functions, decides ‘hostile work environment’ harassment claims brought against federal agencies. In doing so, it applies the same legal rules that courts apply to private employers, and that the EEOC follows in deciding whether to sue private employers. The EEOC has already ruled that coworkers' wearing Confederate flag T-shirts can be punishable harassment.”

Now Volokh notes, the EEOC is investigating whether that punishable racism may extend to displays of or apparel with the Gadsden flag. The commission received a complaint and will look into it. Perhaps the “Don’t Tread on Me” message has been misunderstood…

BEST OF RIGHT OPINION

Jonah Goldberg: When Is a Ransom Not a Ransom? When It’s Inconvenient to Call It That9
    Michael Barone: Donald Trump’s Opportunity Cost10
    David Limbaugh: Censorial DePaul Bans Conservative Ben Shapiro11

For more, visit Right Opinion12.

TOP HEADLINES

FBI Report Details IRS Targeting13
    Oil Industry Suing EPA Over Methane Regulations14
    Obama to Bypass Congress, Seek UN Resolution on Nuke Testing15

For more, visit Patriot Headline Report16.

FEATURED RIGHT ANALYSIS
The Social Democrats: Playing Both Sides Against the Middle17

By Michael Swartz

There is a conundrum with being a Catholic Democrat candidate for office. Beyond the teachings of such a Democrat’s own church, a significant portion of the electorate — perhaps the “silent majority” — has what could be described as traditional views on social issues such as abortion or same-sex “marriage.” But the loudest part of their constituency, and the ones who most willingly offer up the manna of campaign donations, would prefer that America become the land of the free to marry whomever you wish and do as you will with that baby up until the moment of birth. The anti-Catholic position, if you will.

Leftists love the economic justice rhetoric often uttered by Pope Francis, such as decrying “income inequality” or capitalism18. But they cringe when the pope speaks in a manner more reflective of traditional Christian dialogue on issues such as abortion, marriage or his latest remarks on gender.

In a closed-door meeting19 last week with Polish church leaders, Pope Francis noted, “In Europe, America, Latin America, Africa, and in some countries of Asia, there are genuine forms of ideological colonization taking place. And one of these — I will call it clearly by its name — is [the ideology of] ‘gender.’ Today children — children! — are taught in school that everyone can choose his or her sex. Why are they teaching this? Because the books are provided by the persons and institutions that give you money. These forms of ideological colonization are also supported by influential countries. And this is terrible!”

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 06:27:22 PM »

It was “terrible” enough that the pope went further: “God created man and woman; God created the world in a certain way … and we are doing the exact opposite. God gave us things in a ‘raw’ state, so that we could shape a culture; and then with this culture, we are shaping things that bring us back to the ‘raw’ state!”

To those for whom sin has no meaning, the concept of societal guardrails is a non-starter. Naturally, leadership in the “LGBT community” was also quick to criticize the pope’s remarks.

Because of these strongly held beliefs within the Church, as expressed by its leadership (and, by the way, the Bible), Democrats who try to corner the Catholic vote (or are Catholic themselves) tie themselves into knots on social issues. Space won’t permit a list of all the Catholic Democrats who violate their church’s teaching for political gain, so we’ll focus on two prominent ones.

Joe Biden, who is Catholic, forced his boss’s hand in 2012 by announcing his support for same-sex marriage. With his VP greasing the skids, Barack Obama soon “evolved”20 into his current endorsement of the practice. But in Obama’s first election in 2008, he said marriage was between a man and a woman. Just this past Monday, Biden did even more for the same-sex marriage cause as the officiant of a same-sex ceremony21 between two male White House staffers.

Biden’s religion makes him stray from the straight and narrow on other social issues as well. In an interview with a Jesuit publication last year, he said, “I’m prepared to accept that at the moment of conception there’s human life and being, but I’m not prepared to say that to other God-fearing and non-God-fearing people that have a different view.”

“Abortion is always wrong,” Biden continued22. But not only did Biden admit he doesn’t always try to live up to his faith, he again professed that he shouldn’t impose his beliefs on others. Yet he was willing to mock a sacred ceremony in the name of “equality,” and his Party wants taxpayers to fund abortions whether they think they’re “always wrong” or not.

Biden’s would-be successor, Senator Tim Kaine, also has issues in reconciling his faith and his politics. A Catholic like Biden, Kaine ran for political office in Virginia as a pro-life Democrat but once he arrived on the national stage his position changed. He now says23 he is “comfortable” that he would support Hillary Clinton and her radical pro-abortion agenda despite his personal views. Writer Ben Johnson even noted, “Tim Kaine is essentially no different than Joe Biden: a gregarious man of faith whose public votes conflict with his professed theology.” (Worth noting as well: Kaine, too, has also “evolved”24 on same-sex marriage.)

Johnson warned, “Tim Kaine will be a yes-man who stands inertly by as Hillary Clinton engages in a four- (or eight-) year-long expansion of abortion never seen nor imagined in the history of the United States. As she crushes conscience, he can be counted on to stand by nodding and saluting, occasionally trotted out in front of Catholic groups to assure them that, really, this is what Pope Francis would want.”

But we have an idea of what Pope Francis would want, and we believe that gender disorientation pathology and abortion on demand aren’t among those items; on the other hand, a more Godly society would be high on his list. That part, however, is truly up to each of us.

MORE ANALYSIS FROM THE PATRIOT POST

The Strategic Storytelling Advantage25
    Putting July’s Jobs Report in Perspective26
    Welfare Is Not Friendly to Family Formation27
    Yale Seeks to Rewrite History28
    SCOTUS Punts on Transgender Bathroom29

OPINION IN BRIEF

Jonah Goldberg: “Sometimes you just have to marvel at the way smart people can talk themselves into stupidity. The whole point of not paying ransoms to terrorists isn’t to save money. The reason we don’t pay kidnappers is that we understand that it will only encourage more kidnapping. So letting the Iranians think the $400 million was a ransom payment is doubly asinine, because it fooled exactly the wrong people, the wrong way. Who cares if the Obama administration ‘knew’ it wasn’t a ransom? What mattered was to make it clear to the Iranians that it wasn’t a ransom, not give them every reason to believe it was. Now, because of this pas-de-deux of asininity, not only have we given the Iranians untraceable walking-around money to give to its terrorist proxies, we’ve also given them every incentive to kidnap more Americans — which is exactly what they’ve been doing. But at least the folks at the State Department can sleep soundly knowing that they didn’t really pay a ransom — it just looks that way.”

SHORT CUTS

Insight: “There are many prices we pay for freedoms secured by the First Amendment; the risk of undue influence is one of them, confirming what we have long known: Freedom is hazardous, but some restraints are worse.” —Justice Warren E. Burger (1907-1995)

Feminazi in chief: “The progress we’ve made in the past 100 years, 50 years, and, yes, even the past eight years has made life significantly better for my daughters than it was for my grandmothers. And I say that not just as president but also as a feminist. … Michelle and I have raised our daughters to speak up when they see a double standard or feel unfairly judged based on their gender or race. … And yes, it’s important that their dad is a feminist, because now that’s what they expect of all men.” —Barack Obama

Fool me once… “This wasn’t some nefarious deal.” —Barack Obama on the $400 million ransom payment to Iran (Right. Meanwhile: “For us to say that you’ve got to take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase.” —Obama, 2009)

Repeating the BIG Lie: “As the FBI said, everything that I’ve said publicly has been consistent and truthful with what I’ve told them.” —Hillary Clinton

Dezinformatsia: “Are the US Dietary Guidelines on Milk Racist?” —Mother Jones headline

Non Compos Mentis: “Climate change and a lot of other economic dislocations have put a lot of people out of work. They are on the move and they have no place to go, and it means they are recruiting grounds for terrorists and extremists and potential refugee flows that will tax Europe even more.” —Stephen Hadley, Bush’s former national security adviser, blaming climate for jihad

And last… “Hitting Trump over Humayun Khan isn’t media bias. Burying an American President paying ransom to a state sponsor of terror in Iran is.” —Stephen Miller

Semper Vigilans Fortis Paratus et Fidelis!
Managing Editor Nate Jackson

Join us in daily prayer for our Patriots in uniform — Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen — standing in harm’s way in defense of Liberty, and for their families.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the