Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Brother & Sister in-law
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brother & Sister in-law  (Read 3518 times)
Learning_disciple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2004, 04:41:29 PM »

[/green]

I would appreciate it if you all would please pray for my brother and sister in-law that God would deliver them both from pride and arrogance and teach them both humility.Their names are Jon and Jenny.
  They are a young couple that have the idea that they already know it all and refuse to head the advise of those who
are their elders, namely his father and mother. She  is also very head strong and strong willed and has a serious problem being told what to do.  They have a one year old daughter that they neglect most of the time as they would rather be doing their own thing instead of taking care of her as they should.
    They have a nice house and a lot of material possessions, but they seem to care more for their things then they do any thing else, including God, even though they go to church it is mainly for show. Please pray that God would deal with them concerning their wrong attitude and pray that God would lead them to repentance and faith in Christ.

God
bless

"Your not as bad as you think you are. Your a lot worse. Cheer up, God's grace is greater then you think it is" ~ Steve Brown
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 07:42:07 AM »

Oh, dear!  Cry

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
The Crusader
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 06:18:10 AM »

[/green]

I would appreciate it if you all would please pray for my brother and sister in-law that God would deliver them both from pride and arrogance and teach them both humility.Their names are Jon and Jenny.
  They are a young couple that have the idea that they already know it all and refuse to head the advise of those who
are their elders, namely his father and mother. She  is also very head strong and strong willed and has a serious problem being told what to do.  They have a one year old daughter that they neglect most of the time as they would rather be doing their own thing instead of taking care of her as they should.
    They have a nice house and a lot of material possessions, but they seem to care more for their things then they do any thing else, including God, even though they go to church it is mainly for show. Please pray that God would deal with them concerning their wrong attitude and pray that God would lead them to repentance and faith in Christ.

God
bless

Any up-dates Learning_disciple?
Learning_disciple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 12:14:23 AM »

Hi Crusader,

I saw them today, first time in a few weeks. their daughter, who just turned one the first of this month just came out of the hospital (she had salmonella poisoning) yesterday.
   Most of the time they are caught up in their own selves and don't want to be bothered any more unless they need us to watch their baby. He works seven days a week, making money to pay for all their nice "things" (they are very covetous) and look down on us because we don't have as much as they both do now.
   He's very hard working and very proud. they go to church when they can, but most of the time he works Sundays. I find it a little funny in away though because back when I had to work on the Lord's day, his dad, who is a Souther Baptist preacher sort of looked down his nose at me for breaking the Sabbath. I worked Sundays because it was mandatory and I hated it. His son works Sundays now, not because he has to, but because he wants to and nothing is being said about it. See the hypocrisy there? lol
    Any way, they (my brother in-law and his wife) are not right with God and only go to church when they can to please his dad. I fear for them because they need to be shown their lost condition and their need of Christ. Please continue praying that God will deliver them from pride and show them both their lost condition before it is too late.

Thanks.

God bless

L_D

"Your not as bad as you think you are. Your a lot worse. Cheer up, God's grace is greater then you think it is" ~ Steve Brown
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the