Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:42:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Keeping Busy Doing The Lord's Work
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping Busy Doing The Lord's Work  (Read 8568 times)
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »

My life has changed so much since moving back from Florida. I dearly love the mountains of PA., and plan to stay here for always. Sure the weather has its ups and downs, from hot dry summers to cold wet fall, and then winter ice storms and snowy conditions, with  a few flakes to outright  blizzards. But through it all I have been blessed with good landlords and warm places to live.

My family life is busy with caring for my mother.  With the help of my family it is a lot easier. We have banded together to care for her. In other news, I planted a small garden this year that did well and provided me with an over abundance of tomatoes. I canned some green tomato jam and froze tomatoes as well. This crop as well as, other things gave me salad mixes all summer long, with lettuce and onions, and cherry tomatoes.

I am now helping out on two different forums and finding out how hard it is to keep the people who love to cause trouble out. It takes a lot of patience and understanding, plus that delete button sure comes in handy when a good edit won't do. The moderators on this site do a wonderful job and everyone should be thankful for their willingness to help keep the forum safe for all who enjoy coming here. It is not an easy job.

I am also getting back into photography and making postcards for our town. It is a worthwhile hobby, but will take some time to become a best seller. But it keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Lastly I attend church when ever I can, although caring for mom makes this difficult most of the time. But I do take time to read my Bible. 

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »

I'm glad to hear that you are getting help from other family. Being a caregiver, while being very rewarding, can also be very difficult and tiring.

I understand how difficult it can be to get to church at times when you are a care giver. There are times that I have trouble getting there due to my own health. The small church I attend has a wonderful IT (my son) that has set up a great video system and tied it into the internet so that the services can be viewed at home. While it doesn't give much for fellowship time at least it helps with some wonderful uplifting messages. If you are unable to watch at least you can listen to it. If you want to try it you can see it here: http://www.calvarybaptistcanton.com/livestream.php

I am sure that there are other churches that do the same.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:03:49 AM »

Thank you so much for the link. I saved it for my Sunday, listening pleasure. Our church is small and does not record the sermons, but the local Methodist church was doing it until the radio station stopped doing it by reducing then turning off the volume so no one can hear the preacher talking. Then of course ratings dropped and then they stopped it all together. It was not as if they did not know the problem, lots of older folks called and complained about not being able to hear the preacher, so I think it was done on purpose.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:11:49 AM »

You're most welcome. I have no doubts that eventually that same thing will be done everywhere including on the internet. There are those that are spending a lot of time, effort and money attempting to silence God's word. It is all to no avail as we all will hear His word, if not now definitely in the end.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 09:45:32 PM »

I have some good news to share. Our town is trying to start up its own radio station. Friends of mine and others have put in for a license and are awaiting its arrival. They plan to run the church services on Sunday, as well as, play good music and talk about local news and happenings.  Praise the Lord!
They said the old radio station which moved out of town had blocked the Sunday sermons on purpose, but now through the hard work of the town's people it will be back in town and turned on for our listening pleasure.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »

That is some great news. A lot of hard work that can be well worth it.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »

Great news on the radio station - that ministry will be in my prayers.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the