Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Not Orphans!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not Orphans!  (Read 969 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »

Not Orphans!
From Timeless Grace Gems
by James Smith, 1860

How exquisitely tender is the heart of Jesus! It always was so. He could never break the bruised reed, or quench the smoking flax. His heart overflows with love to poor sinners. How finely he displayed this, just as he was going to suffer for our sins. He exhorts his disciples to let nothing trouble them — but to exercise faith in him. He teaches them how to pray so as to succeed, by asking of the Father in his name. He directs them to keep his commandments, and promises them the Spirit of truth as a Comforter, to abide with them forever. And then he assures them of his own presence and love. "I will not leave you comfortless, or orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18. A believer cannot be an orphan — for Jesus is the father of the fatherless, and in him the fatherless finds mercy.

"I will not leave you orphans," or without sympathy in suffering — this the orphan often fears. Jesus will ever pity and sympathize with his suffering people, and his sympathy will soothe and support them.

They shall not be left without provision in necessity — this the orphan fears too. But Jesus will ever provide for, and supply his people's needs — for his eye sees them, and by opening his hand, he will supply them.

They shall not be left without protection in danger — this the orphan often dreads. But in every season of danger Jesus will be present, and out of every danger he will deliver.

Nor shall they be left without someone to love them, which is the bitterest ingredient in the orphan's cup — for Jesus will love them, in sickness and health, in poverty and plenty, in life and in death.

O believer, however weak your faith, however trying your path; though relatives die, and friends forsake — you shall never be left an orphan!

Jesus will sympathize with you in all your sufferings,
        he will provide for all your needs,
        he will protect you from all your foes and dangers,
        and he will love you with an everlasting love.

Fear not then, for Jesus has more than a father's care, and more than a mother's love — and he has pledged his word, that he will not leave you an orphan. Believe his word, trust his grace — and so you will live a happy life.

"I will come to you." Jesus comes to us . . .
        in his providence — to supply us;
        in his ordinances — to refresh us;
        in his word — to instruct us;
        by his Spirit — to comfort us; and
        he will soon come in person — to take us unto himself.

"I will come to you" . . .
        to answer your prayers,
        to defend your person,
        to provide your supplies, and
        to comfort you by . . .
          relieving you in pain,
          manifesting myself to you, and
          assuring you of my love.

Precious Lord Jesus, will you thus then come to me? Will you thus prove the depth of your immortal love! O for grace to trust you, and to live daily under the conviction — that you will visit me, and be more and better than a father to me!

If Jesus comes to me, all will be well. His presence will give me . . .
        light in darkness,
        joy in sorrow,
        strength in weakness,
        and happiness in woe.

If Jesus visits me, if Jesus will be with me — then I can . . .
        go anywhere,
        carry any cross,
        perform any duty, and
        even glory in tribulation.

Jesus will be with me, he will come to me, for I have his word, and he is faithful; more, I have his heart, and he is immutable. Let me then, in my darkest path, in my deepest trials, in my saddest hours, exercise faith in this most precious promise, "I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you."

It anticipates all our fears, and removes them, for how can I fear — if Jesus will come unto me. It is intended to strengthen our faith, that we may be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. It ensures our comfort — for left comfortless we cannot be. And it displays the wonderful tenderness of the love of Christ. He wishes us to be happy, and therefore he assures us beforehand, that he will be with us, and be a father unto us.

PUBLIC DOMAIN - Permission is not required to reproduce this material. Feel free to forward this on to your friends.

grandma dolittle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »

I am not an orphan.  My father is a King and I am going to inherit riches beyond my wildest imagination!

grandma

1 John 4:4   Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »

I am not an orphan.  My father is a King and I am going to inherit riches beyond my wildest imagination!

grandma

AMEN! Our Father has made wonderful promises to us that He will keep perfectly. It's a happy position to be a child of the King of Kings.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the