Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:16:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HOROSCOPES???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOROSCOPES???  (Read 5471 times)
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2004, 09:04:47 AM »

I know of a few Christian ppl who absolutely love these things. I have always thought of them as evil & nothing more then stupidity at its best. Some of these ppl (Some friends) say there is nothing wrong, they are just harmless.
Am I being too stuffy about it that I am 100% against them or does anyone else see a problem with them?
Thanks all.

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 09:16:13 AM »

I think of Nimrod
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 07:04:51 AM »

I think of Nimrod
Im sure it sounds silly, but could you help me with that? What do you mean? <--Still learning in the Bible Smiley I'll get there, lol

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
tony350

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 11:42:49 PM »

I know of a few Christian ppl who absolutely love these things. I have always thought of them as evil & nothing more then stupidity at its best. Some of these ppl (Some friends) say there is nothing wrong, they are just harmless.
Am I being too stuffy about it that I am 100% against them or does anyone else see a problem with them?
Thanks all.

I know a lot of people who read  them as well. Yet what most people don't know is it is witchcraft. You are right. They are evil. I see a ploblem with them too. First the more a person gets into horoscopes the less they obey God. Horoscopres is the devils tool, just one of the tools the devil uses. Horoscopes can also lead a person into all kinds of evil stuff such as...trying to reach a dead person, its also lost hope, among others.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 09:18:03 AM »

Thanks all.
Doesn't astrology date back to ancient pagan cultures and came out of their primitive scientific knowledge of believing the movement of the stars, planets, sun, and moon influenced the things that happened on earth.

Does not God overrule such thought? He is in control.

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 10:31:02 AM »

Acts 13:8-11

8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,

10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
KJV

2 Chron 33:6

6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger
KJV

2 Kings 21:6

6 And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
KJV

Isa 8:19

19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
KJV

Isa 47:13-14

13 Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.

14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.
KJV
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 10:32:42 AM by Reba » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the