Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:44:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayers for us
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayers for us  (Read 1535 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2004, 07:33:03 PM »

My friends and I are holding a big Youth rally thing, which hwe are doing every 3rd Saturday. It is already going kind of rough. I have a few things for you guys to specifically ask to give us wisdom about:

-The band called a day or 2 ago to let them know they can’t make it (they have been booked for A MONTH now)!!! So, my friends are scrambling to get some people to do some music! So far, all he has is 4 people who have NEVER EVEN MET EACH OTHER and who don’t have time to work together. So, just pray that he can get that cleared up, and that the rest of the night goes smoothly.

-I don’t trust some of the over 18ers my co-leaders they are bringing. They have proven to be perverts (23-26 year old who hit on high school chicks). Pray that god assigns an angle to each of them, ready to slap them where it hurts if they get any ideas. Grin

-The amount of mature adult running the show is at a whooping ZERO, and that is NEVER good. We have one chaperon over the age of 30. The rest of the over 21-ers act more like their shoe size (and like high school girls, on top of it all). Aside from Vince and David, the 2 other so-leaders, the other leaders have some major vices. They are either perverts, or drunks, or into cohabitation. I hate to sound like Mr. High-and-Holy, but these guys and girls are NOT the people that should be looked up to by the kids. Our church already has a bad name for the mire fact we aren’t Baptists. I’d hate to see all these people come in and mess up what little respect we have left.

-Me. Help me to control my anger, pride, and elitism during this whole thing.

What's just a few spacific thing, which I rolled into a rant. I feel better now. Grin Please pray for us

love,
Chris

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Reba
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 08:03:58 PM »

Ya think the baptist could spare a deacon or two? J/K

Yes Tibby your get together will be on my list.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 10:04:53 PM »

Gee, Mr. Tibbs - If I was there I'd show up and just cross my arms and stare at everybody - that would keep them on the straight and narrow.

But - since I can't be there I'll do something even more effective:

PRAY!!! (Hard!)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 10:28:22 PM »

thanks guys. I know you would strick fear in peoples heart, Judgenot Grin As for the Deacons, they did offer then, but I turned then down. I figured working alone is better then signing it over the Satan Grin Grin Grin Wink

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 11:31:47 PM »

I figured working alone is better then signing it over the Satan
Ooooo - that hurts, Brother - that really hurts.  Grin
(I could sit in the lobby while cleaning my .44)  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 02:38:09 AM »

Aw, baptists are fine people Grin I really do like the baptists. Once, one of them gave me a golden fiddle!! Well, actually, I won it in a duel... Wink Grin

I like that plan, come on down Grin

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 09:39:54 AM »

Gee, Mr. Tibbs - If I was there I'd show up and just cross my arms and stare at everybody - that would keep them on the straight and narrow.
ok that kinda struck me funny, yes JN in that pic you look very stern and serious,,!! But your obvious kindness would show thru and maybe kinda ruin the "fear for your life "look hehe Wink
Tibby, i will also pray for your get together!! Grin
oh and um got any NERVE pills you could digest before the gathering?? lol sounds like u might just possibly need one Wink j/k
luvs yas
Tiger...

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Jeeper

Searching For My Place In This World

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 05:37:50 PM »

Hey Tibby wishing you the best of luck with your little get together and I will be praying that everything works out for the best.  God be with you!!! Smiley

Seeking God's Path In Life For Me
Pray Hard
God Bless
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 05:48:51 PM »

Tigerlily- We have food, lots of Coffee and a smoking area. I'll use one of those. I think a nerve pill will just make me hyper. Grin Grin Grin

Jeeper- Thanks. If we are blessed, by next month, word would have gotten around, and it will be anything by a little get together, if you know what I mean Wink

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 11:21:02 PM »

and a smoking area
Roll Eyes

I did that for 30 years.  See the threads under [Prayer Requests] and [Testimonies] to see where it got me...

HOWEVER!  I still DO coffee.  Grin

JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 01:46:23 AM »

I don't know which one is worse! Either way, I'm going to be forced to take advantage of both Grin

We are all really looking forward to this! Keep us in your prayers. God knows what he is doing, but still, pray for us!

A little P.S. pray request. I've been "volunteered" to lead praise. Praise with my sister and 2 other girls who I haven't met, and who haven't met each other. Now, I'm sure you musicians know about the chemistry  a good group can have, pray for that! It is an honor to know people trust me to lead them “into the holy of holies” but still a hard thing to do if everyone isn’t on the same page. For this, they want me to LEARN a new song I have never heard before. So, keep Me and the Singers in your Prayers. There names are Jessica, Naomi, and Cera.

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 07:08:55 AM »

Tibby, Sounds like a lot of work for you all. I will definately be adding you to my prayer list & just pray things go as planned or yet even better! In Gods hands we put it all in~ Please let us know how it goes! Wish I was gonna be there!
Although, I cant sing a lick or hit any such note, lol SmileySmileySmiley
~Natey

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 09:00:26 AM »

You call still stand on stage and look cute (not hard to do with will that pink yarn). From what I've heard about the girls singing, that seems to be their main job, too. Being good singers is second Grin All I hear is

"Oh Jessica as so beautiful, Tibby, she might be your future" Yeah, whatever Roll Eyes

"Oh, Naomi is so FINE." Ok, I got the idea Roll Eyes

"Oh, your sister is hot" Gee, thanks Roll Eyes Thanks for scarring me for life.

"You and all those fine girls alone on stage..." yeah, that is the general idea, isn't it, wiseguy?  Roll Eyes

lol, oh well, at least we will keep people attention Grin Anyways, thanks for the prayers.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 06:12:18 PM »

It doesn't sound like much fun, Uncle Tibby.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2004, 07:51:53 AM »

It doesn't sound like much fun, Uncle Tibby.

Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the