Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Scripture Posting?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scripture Posting?  (Read 1999 times)
Palmoni

To decide NOT to decide IS to decide!

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2004, 01:09:29 PM »

SmileyHow do you post Scripture in this Forum?? :)am a one-handed slow typer so was wondering. :)Also... how long does one have as to TIMING for posting in the forums??

PALMONI [[ If what you believe is not worth dying for, then maybe it's not worth living for. ]]
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 01:55:22 PM »

I can tell you how I post Scripture.

First open a new internet window and go to Chistiansunite home page. You can shrink this page your reading down to open another internet page. On the left hand side of ChristianUnite home page there are menus.

You will see "More from Christians Unite" and under that you'll see "Bible Resources" click on "Bible study aids".

Clicking "Bible study aids" will bring up a "Main Index" page.

You'll see "Online Bible Versions" I like the King James Version myself. If you don't mind the King James "authorized version your all set.

Click "Authorized Version (KJV) and you'll see the Books of the Old Testament and below the New Testament Books.

Click on a Book... I'll choice 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 as an example for you.

Click 1 Thessalonians, next click chapter 4, scroll down to verse 16. left click just before the #16 and drag the mouse over the verses all the way down to the end of verse 18. When you release the left click button, the verses will be hylighted in blue.

Right click on top of the hylighted text, a window pops up, click copy.

Bring up the first web page that you started reading from and in the "message box" click paste. this is what happens:

16: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
   17: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
   18: Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Then I manually add in the title of the book and verse # like so: [things inside brackets I add]

[1 Thessalonians 4:]16: ["]For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
   17: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
   18: Wherefore comfort one another with these words.["]

so the real result is:

1 Thessalonians 4:16: "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
   18: Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

It works for me. I use one "page" for reading and responding, and another page for the online Bible to read and copy from. Good Luck

Paul2 Cool

To make something stand out in bold letters try this:

right above the smiles above the "message" block you type in there are ""Add YABBC TAGS" click B. anything placed between the brackets becomes bold. I manually added the brackets with a "b" inside before the words I want bold and brackets with "/b" after the words I want to be bold. the Brackets are these ones: [   ], not { }.

1 Thessalonians 4:16: "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
   18: Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 02:19:26 PM by Paul2 » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 12:08:48 AM »

SmileyHow do you post Scripture in this Forum?? :)am a one-handed slow typer so was wondering. :)Also... how long does one have as to TIMING for posting in the forums??

Oklahoma Howdy to Palmoni,

Paul2 already told you an excellent way to post Scriptures, but there are other ways. I use a freeware Bible Study package called e-Sword, and I usually keep it open most of the time.

If you would like to take a look at e-Sword, go to:

http://www.e-sword.net

Reference the time, there is no time limit on Christians Unite to make a post. Rarely, there are problems with the Christians Unite Server that might cause you to lose your connection, but that would be rare. Most cases of lost connections are the fault of your Internet Service Provider. Many Internet Service Providers have a program that checks for activity on each connection, and typing may not be recognized as activity by that program. If this is the problem, there are all kinds of freeware programs you can install on your computer to simulate activity to your provider and keep them from disconnecting you. I usually recommend Cnet, ZDnet, Tucows, Webattack, and NoNags as places to get safe files and good reviews of the various programs available. You will probably want to look under Internet Utilities or Web Browser add-ons. I hope this helped.

Regarding Christians Unite, look at the login the next time, and you will see an option to login forever. As far as the CU Server is concerned, you have all the time you want, a solid week or whatever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 06:47:56 AM »

I use a freeware Bible Study package called e-Sword, and I usually keep it open most of the time

Ditto that! I use this one too.  Cheesy

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 11:18:28 AM »

I use a freeware Bible Study package called e-Sword, and I usually keep it open most of the time

Ditto that! I use this one too.  Cheesy

Gracey

Oklahoma Howdy to Gracey,

It's a great Bible Study Package. I love it and really enjoy using the giant fonts that are possible with it. I use the KJV for reading and the KJV with Strong's Numbers for study. The latest version of e-Sword allows you to have up to 4 different translations at once side by side. So, if you are really brave, you can work with the ancient languages on the same screen, plus use all of the dictionary and language functions at the same time. I don't get quite that brave very often.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the