Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286847 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Did You Hear the Love?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did You Hear the Love?  (Read 2988 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2004, 05:42:35 PM »

Husbands love your wives even as Christ loved the Church.

Ephesians 5:25.  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Wow, that is a heap of responsible love for a man toward his spouse. That is the ultimate love required of husbands. Christ says there is no greater love than for one to lay down ones life for friends. In thiis verse Christ is telling husbands to have this same love. The love he has for His church. The giving of Himself for it. For the wife in the case of husbands.  

Can anyone think of any Bible verse that requires anything of a wife toward her husband?

Ollie
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 07:10:24 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2004, 06:49:23 AM »

Can anyone think of any Bible verse that requires anything of a wife toward her husband?
Here's a few.....

Ephesians 5
22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
33....and the wife must respect her husband.  

I had heard a discussion on the radio some time ago about this. It was noted that men are required to love their wives and the wives are required to respect their husbands. The speaker brought up an interesting point about men and women and what was important to them:
Women NEED to be loved and men NEED to be respected.

Just an interesting side.....

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2004, 07:06:06 AM »

1Pe 3:6  Sarah, for instance, taking care of Abraham, would address him as "my dear husband." You'll be true daughters of Sarah if you do the same, unanxious and unintimidated. [msg]

Cheesy

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2004, 07:26:52 AM »

Here's a few.....

Ephesians 5
22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
33....and the wife must respect her husband.  

I had heard a discussion on the radio some time ago about this. It was noted that men are required to love their wives and the wives are required to respect their husbands. The speaker brought up an interesting point about men and women and what was important to them:
Women NEED to be loved and men NEED to be respected.

Just an interesting side.....
That is an interesting aspect. The husband and wife, one in marriage. Giving love and receiving respect. Giving respect and receiving love. And at the same time husband and wife are one in Christ submitting one to another, and all in Christ, where there is neither male nor female.

Ollie

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2004, 07:44:19 AM »

1Pe 3:6  Sarah, for instance, taking care of Abraham, would address him as "my dear husband." You'll be true daughters of Sarah if you do the same, unanxious and unintimidated. [msg]

Cheesy
That is a good verse. All are daughters of Sarah if they do well. The doing well being somewhat that of wife being Christ like in respect to husband.

There is another verse up front of that one that places a responsibility on the faithful wife of a husband that has not obeyed the Word.

1 Peter 3:1.  Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

There is another verse in one of the Corinthian letters that states an unbelieving husband is sanctified by a believing wife and visa/versa.

Those sre great verses in 1 Peter. Thanks for bringing them to remembrance.
What a wonderful relationship God has given to men and women in marriage if in Christ and His word.

Ollie

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2004, 07:25:06 AM »

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman, in his 80's, came in to have sutures (stitches) removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am. I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him.

I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. Upon exam, I saw that it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer Disease.

As we talked, and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him. "And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?"

He smiled as he patted my hand and said. "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

I had to hold back tears as he left. I had goose bumps on my arm, and I thought, "That is the kind of love I want in my life."
~unknown

Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the