Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer request
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer request  (Read 3707 times)
greydad52

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2011, 03:09:07 AM »

Hey everyone

I could use a little help with prayer. I have not been well for fourteen years and it has been a daily battle. My family is starting to crumble into a broken heap, my grandson is going through chemo, his dad, my son in law went into a mental breakdown, not sure of all the names of his condition. My dad came over to tell me the doctors did not give him long to live, my nephews tell me my mother is very frail and on oxygen, my mother in law has a growth in her intestines. I feel a bit lost, have been having dreams of suicide, the problem is these dreams are almost comforting, this is what scares me. My heart is so full of fear right now my prayers are only partly there or not at all.

I don't know what to pray for at this moment, I guess my weakness is getting the better of me. Thank you for hearing my heart and for your time and prayer
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:43:36 AM »

When we get to a point where we do not know how to pray God still knows our needs. At times like these it can be very difficult to do but we still must turn it all over to Him, trust in Him to do that which is right for us. Stay strong in Him.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »

You and your family will be in my prayers. I do know how overwhelming things like this can be, especially when you are ill yourself. I've also been ill for a lengthy period of time, and many of my friends are in the same boat. God still has a purpose or we wouldn't still be here, and as Christians we have a better hope than the world. I will be praying that God gives you the strength and guidance you need to help your family. I think of this portion of Scripture:

Romans 8:24-28  For in hope were we saved: but hope that is seen is not hope: for who hopeth for that which he seeth?  25  But if we hope for that which we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  26  And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;  27  and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

I suggest that you talk with your Pastor and share this prayer request with your church. I'm convinced that prayer does change things, and I know that God still does as He pleases in heaven and on earth. I want to share some other portions of Scripture that have helped me many times:

2 Corinthians 1:1-11 KJV  1  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:  2  Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.  3  Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;  4  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.  5  For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.  6  And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.  7  And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.  8  For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:  9  But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:  10  Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;  11  Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

Romans 8:16-28 KJV  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:  17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.  18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.  19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.  20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,  21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.  22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.  23  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.  24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?  25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians 5:1-21 KJV  1  For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  2  For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:  3  If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.  4  For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.  5  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.  6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:  7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)  8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.  9  Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.  10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.  11  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.  12  For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.  13  For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.  14  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:  15  And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.  16  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.  17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.  20  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

May God give you strength and guidance. In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the