Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:56:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  More Surgery Needed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Surgery Needed  (Read 2687 times)
Reba
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2004, 11:13:01 AM »

Judge  if  ya dont mind telling   Which hospital are ya going to?....
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2004, 03:39:34 PM »

Judge  if  ya dont mind telling  Which hospital are ya going to?....

Not at all, Reba - Mt. Diablo in Concord.

YIKES!!!!  Mount Devil?Huh? YIKES!!!! Should I worry, now???  Grin

Thank you all for your wonderful prayers.  Now I expect the Doc to find me completely cured!!  Smiley  You guys are SOOOO wonderful.

While I'm here, I'd like to share with you something Reba sent me via IM (Reba said it was OK if I shared):

The Heart  

"Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began, "I'll open up your heart..."

"You'll find Jesus there," the boy interrupted.  

The surgeon looked up, annoyed "I'll cut your heart open," he continued, to see how much damage has been done..."  

"But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there," said the boy.  

The surgeon looked to the parents, who sat quietly.  "When I see how much damage has been done, I'll sew your heart and chest back up, and I'll plan what to do next."  

"But you'll find Jesus in my heart.  The Bible says He lives there.  The hymns all say He lives there.  You'll find Him in my heart."  

The surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell you what I'll find in your heart.  I'll find damaged muscle, low blood supply, and weakened vessels.  And I'll find out if I can make you well."  

"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives there."  

The surgeon left.  The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery, "...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, and wide-spread muscle degeneration.  No hope for transplant, no hope for cure.  Therapy; painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis; "here he paused, "death within one year."

He stopped the recorder, but there was more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.  "Why did You do this?  You've put him here; You've put him in this pain; and You've cursed him to an early death. Why?"  

The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My lamb, was not meant for your flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will forever be.  Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you cannot imagine.  His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace, and My flock will continue to grow."  

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his anger was hotter. "You created that boy, and You created that heart. He'll be dead in months. Why?"  The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock, for He has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."  

The surgeon wept.  The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's parents sat across from him.

The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"  

"Yes," said the surgeon.  

"What did you find?" asked the boy.  

"I found Jesus there," said the surgeon.  

Author Unknown

Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father...”  I Am Not Ashamed.  
He is my source of existence and Savior.  He keeps me functioning each and everyday. Without Him, I will be nothing. Without him, I am nothing, but with Him I can “do all things through Christ that strengthens me."  (Phil 4:13)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2004, 04:57:33 PM »

]
What a wonderful God we serve!!!  That made me all teary eyed.  All I can think of is the song "Healing Jesus".  I think that's the title.  Dean and Mary Brown may have written it, I really don't know but it goes like this-----What a healing Jesus we have in You.  What a healing Jesus, You refresh, restore and renew.  Are ya familiar with it?  It is so beautiful.

There's healing in His wings!  Cover JudgeNot right now Lord God, in the name of Your Son, Jesus.  All thanks, honor and glory go to You, Father God.  Amen!

Love ya Bro!

cris

DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 06:08:29 PM »

The Heart  

"Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began, "I'll open up your heart..."

"You'll find Jesus there," the boy interrupted.  

The surgeon looked up, annoyed "I'll cut your heart open," he continued, to see how much damage has been done..."  

"But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there," said the boy.  

The surgeon looked to the parents, who sat quietly.  "When I see how much damage has been done, I'll sew your heart and chest back up, and I'll plan what to do next."  

"But you'll find Jesus in my heart.  The Bible says He lives there.  The hymns all say He lives there.  You'll find Him in my heart."  

The surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell you what I'll find in your heart.  I'll find damaged muscle, low blood supply, and weakened vessels.  And I'll find out if I can make you well."  

"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives there."  

The surgeon left.  The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery, "...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, and wide-spread muscle degeneration.  No hope for transplant, no hope for cure.  Therapy; painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis; "here he paused, "death within one year."

He stopped the recorder, but there was more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.  "Why did You do this?  You've put him here; You've put him in this pain; and You've cursed him to an early death. Why?"  

The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My lamb, was not meant for your flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will forever be.  Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you cannot imagine.  His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace, and My flock will continue to grow."  

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his anger was hotter. "You created that boy, and You created that heart. He'll be dead in months. Why?"  The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock, for He has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."  

The surgeon wept.  The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's parents sat across from him.

The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"  

"Yes," said the surgeon.  

"What did you find?" asked the boy.  

"I found Jesus there," said the surgeon.  

Author Unknown

Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father...”  I Am Not Ashamed.  
He is my source of existence and Savior.  He keeps me functioning each and everyday. Without Him, I will be nothing. Without him, I am nothing, but with Him I can “do all things through Christ that strengthens me."  (Phil 4:13)

Wow, that is beautiful....very touching!!!

Please know that I am praying for you...

God bless!!!

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
Reba
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2004, 11:28:32 AM »

JudgeNot
Hi All,
I need to, again, ask for prayers.  On Tuesday the 24th I’ll be heading back into the hospital for further maintenance on my ailing heart – it is supposed to be a cut & dried procedure which, without complications should only keep me off my feet for about 5 days – but it could lead to bypass in the near future.

Please pray that the surgeon shows up sober and with a steady hand.   Grin

I was going to ask the surgeon, while he is in there, if he could remove some of the anger from my heart and replace it with compassion – but cardiologists aren’t known for having a great sense of humor – so I’ll just ask God to covertly guide the surgery in that direction.  Smiley

Thank you all in advance for your prayers,
Jim

I haven't seen our brother around for a few days lets not forget tuesday....
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2004, 10:09:09 PM »

"The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"
Mark Twain

Thank you Reba - I've just been sooooo tired lately - but they should fix that up on Tuesday.  "We" (me and my evil twin) are hanging in there.  I took about 24 hours of "turn my mind and body off and rest" since yesterday, and it really helped after a long week at work.  I'll trust in Jesus for the "real work" needed to get me back up and running.

I love you all...
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2004, 04:29:19 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

Brother, you will have all of our love and prayers with you, and you certainly know that you will have Jesus with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2004, 10:29:57 AM »

praing for you as you know..
luv and prayers
Tiger.........

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the