Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  More Surgery Needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Surgery Needed  (Read 2686 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

Hi All,
I need to, again, ask for prayers.  On Tuesday the 24th I’ll be heading back into the hospital for further maintenance on my ailing heart – it is supposed to be a cut & dried procedure which, without complications should only keep me off my feet for about 5 days – but it could lead to bypass in the near future.

Please pray that the surgeon shows up sober and with a steady hand.   Grin

I was going to ask the surgeon, while he is in there, if he could remove some of the anger from my heart and replace it with compassion – but cardiologists aren’t known for having a great sense of humor – so I’ll just ask God to covertly guide the surgery in that direction.  Smiley

Thank you all in advance for your prayers,
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 03:46:15 PM »

man, thats not good. we will pray.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Reba
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 04:04:09 PM »

Ps 147:3-5

3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
KJV
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 04:17:50 PM »

We'll be praying friend!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 04:28:34 PM »

Hi All,
I need to, again, ask for prayers.  On Tuesday the 24th I’ll be heading back into the hospital for further maintenance on my ailing heart – it is supposed to be a cut & dried procedure which, without complications should only keep me off my feet for about 5 days – but it could lead to bypass in the near future.

Please pray that the surgeon shows up sober and with a steady hand.   Grin

I was going to ask the surgeon, while he is in there, if he could remove some of the anger from my heart and replace it with compassion – but cardiologists aren’t known for having a great sense of humor – so I’ll just ask God to covertly guide the surgery in that direction.  Smiley

Thank you all in advance for your prayers,
Jim

Well, maybe YOUR great sense of humor will infect, effect and affect the cardiologists.  

Had you posted before about your heart condition?  It seems to me you may have intimated something along those lines but I'm not sure.  What's wrong with your heart, may I ask, if it isn't too personal?  This just has to be a major stress inducer.  I'm so sorry to hear about it.  God and your sense of humor will pull you through this with flying colors.

Father God, in the name of Your son, Jesus Christ I lift up JudgeNot in prayer to You.  Father, I ask that You would just miraclously heal his heart.  Oh Father, I ask that when the surgeons go in they would find that the impossible has happened, that JN's heart is getting better and that no bypass will be needed.  God, You never change, You are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Restore JN's heart to the way You made it - perfect.  Lord, if there's any anger hangin' round there, remove it in the name of Jesus.  Oh Father, hold JN in the palm of Your hand and just blow Your healing breath upon his heart.  Holy Spirit fall fresh on JN right now.  Give him healing, joy and that perfect peace that surpasses all understanding.  Lord God, I pray for JN's surgeon, his anethesiologist, his nurses and all those involved with his care.  Give them all wisdom.  Let them all have Your mind when it comes to JN's heath and healing.  Touch all of them Lord.  Father, I pray also for JN's daughter and wife.  Give them courage and strength and peace.  Draw JN's wife to you Lord God - save her - tenderize her heart Lord.  Bless that marriage, now Lord.  Draw them all in closer together.  Thank you Lord God for hearing and answering my prayer.  Amen.

Grab it JN.  It's all yours.  God Bless all of you.

Love in Christ Jesus,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 04:36:06 PM »

JudgeNot,

Forgot to tell you on this last post, as I was praying for you, all I could smell was this sweet floral fragrance.  It's gone now.  You betcha that was the Holy Spirit - oh, praise God.

cris
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 05:37:39 PM »

Yes, JudgeNot, I'm happy to pray for you...

In Jesus' Name.... Smiley
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 07:43:49 PM »

Praying for you!
Well, maybe YOUR great sense of humor will infect, effect and affect the cardiologists.  

Had you posted before about your heart condition?  It seems to me you may have intimated something along those lines but I'm not sure.  What's wrong with your heart, may I ask, if it isn't too personal?  This just has to be a major stress inducer.  I'm so sorry to hear about it.  God and your sense of humor will pull you through this with flying colors.

Father God, in the name of Your son, Jesus Christ I lift up JudgeNot in prayer to You.  Father, I ask that You would just miraclously heal his heart.  Oh Father, I ask that when the surgeons go in they would find that the impossible has happened, that JN's heart is getting better and that no bypass will be needed.  God, You never change, You are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Restore JN's heart to the way You made it - perfect.  Lord, if there's any anger hangin' round there, remove it in the name of Jesus.  Oh Father, hold JN in the palm of Your hand and just blow Your healing breath upon his heart.  Holy Spirit fall fresh on JN right now.  Give him healing, joy and that perfect peace that surpasses all understanding.  Lord God, I pray for JN's surgeon, his anethesiologist, his nurses and all those involved with his care.  Give them all wisdom.  Let them all have Your mind when it comes to JN's heath and healing.  Touch all of them Lord.  Father, I pray also for JN's daughter and wife.  Give them courage and strength and peace.  Draw JN's wife to you Lord God - save her - tenderize her heart Lord.  Bless that marriage, now Lord.  Draw them all in closer together.  Thank you Lord God for hearing and answering my prayer.  Amen.

Grab it JN.  It's all yours.  God Bless all of you.

Love in Christ Jesus,
cris

What he said!  Cheesy

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 09:04:58 PM »

I am also praying for you my friend.. I pray god will guide the doctors hands and give him the wisdom he needs to do the job right , that God will help u have a quick recovery and make your heart as good as new!!
you been praying for me,. now its my turn to return that honor
Luv and prayers
your sis In Christ..
TL

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 05:42:58 PM »

Jim, absolutely. We've got you covered. If you like, I can put you on my church's prayer chain. What time is your surgery scheduled for? I'll be praying, and I can pray during your surgery, too.

A lot of research has been done recently on various heart conditions. They have a new method for removing plaque from veins that doesn't require surgery. I'll try to find it if I can, if that's the situation.

Love in Christ,
Whitehorse

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 11:09:35 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

Brother, I will certainly be praying for you and for the doctors and nurses who will be taking care of you.

Let me tell you one true story to hopefully put a smile on your face. I was at the hospital not too long ago for some tests, and I saw one of my nurses who took care of me twice on lengthy hospital stays. It's somewhat of a coincidence that her name is Angel, and her name fits her kindness. It must have been the end of their shift, and I saw Angel talking to 5 or 6 other nurses in a room adjoining a waiting room full of people. I called her name and asked if she remembered me. She stopped talking and walked over to me in a room full of about 30 people. She took a good look at me and said, "Of course I remember you, I didn't recognize you with your clothes on."   Grin  True Story.

Brother, God, the Great Physician will also be there.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2004, 07:38:21 PM »

Grin

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2004, 07:58:38 PM »

LOL that was so funny.. you knpow when you have spent alot of time in johhny shirts in the hospital when somehting like that is said LOL..
very cute tom!!
TL

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 12:17:15 AM »

LOL that was so funny.. you knpow when you have spent alot of time in johhny shirts in the hospital when somehting like that is said LOL..
very cute tom!!
TL

Grin  I'd like to talk to the guy who invented those hospital clothes and give him a smack in the chops.  That's a bad trick to play on someone who is sick.

I don't know if JudgeNot saw the last funny or not, but I need to tell him one more. Symphony may get a kick of this too. They sent a guy who looked just like Lurch to get me for surgery, and the guy waited to talk before he wheeled me onto an elevator. We were all alone and he got this evil grin on his face and asked, "Do you remember giving me that ticket? It's payback time." I probably turned green, and he finally said "just kidding."   Cheesy

JudgeNot, Dr. BlackEyedPeas recommends several good laughs per day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2004, 05:16:41 AM »

Poor Blackeyedpeas! Wow, thanks for finding something to laugh about in hard times!

Praying, JudgeNot...

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the