Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:38:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Go See your Dad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Go See your Dad  (Read 2514 times)
benny balerio

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »

A few years ago,..I had just come in from church and I went to my bedroom and began prayingand just talking to the Lord like a friend,..after awhile I began to praise him with lifted hands,..and then I just became silient,..getting everything out of my head.
After awhile,..the Lord spoke to me in a very quite voice, like a small whisper,..and He said,....."Go see your dad"
And I thought to myself..."Ok I 'll tell him that I love him"
But I waited 3 days before I left to go see him. It had bee a couple years since I had last seen him and I was not certain which street he lived on.
But as I was in the neighborhood,..the Holy Spirit was all over me,..electricity all over me.
But I found his home, and there he was in the back using a post hole digger, setting up a fence for his beloved dog.
Well I talked to him for a few minutes,straining not to mention the Lord to him....and then he said to me.."Benny Ray..you want to come in the house with me?"
And I replied,.."Sure Dad,..I'll go in the house with you."
Well unknown to me,..My dads wife's daughter was there visiting from California.I sat on the big couch and I began to talk to her.
Well,...anyone who knows me knows that I cannot keep my mouth shut about Jesus and somehow, someway I'm gonna find a way to start a conversation about Him and His coming back to take us home.
She listened to me, and even responded in a nice and polite negetive way.
And My Dad said,...All right benny Ray,..we do not want to hear any preaching.
And I said,..Ok Dad.
About that time,..My dad said,..Benny ray,..you want to eat some pizza with us?
And I said,..Sure Dad I'll eat some pizza with you.
So I went into the kitchen,..and My dads wife sat on one end of the table(Table was up against the wall) and her daughter sat on the other end,...And I thought to myself,..I think i'll just sit right in the middle of them both!
Well here we were eating pizza, and my dad was pacing back and forth behind me,..and I was smiling to myself because I knew the reason why that he was pacing back and forth behind me was because he was gonna make sure that I did not talk about Jesus,..I knew my dad very well.
Well a few minutes later ,..my dads wife got up from the table and before she left,..she was behind me,..and her daughter, I could see was looking up above my head and I knew that My dads wife was taking her finger twirling and pointing it towards her head,to indicate to her daughter that I was sick in the head.I was smiling on the inside,..but you could sense the spirit of dread coming from them.
Anyway about that time,..My dad said,...Benny Ray,..you want to go to the store with me?
I said yes,..But I knew he was really trying to make sure that I would not talk about Jesus while he was gone and smiling I said ...sure dad,..I'll go to the store with with.
Well off we went in his old white pickup truck,...it was misting outside and his wind shield wipers did not work,..and yet he managed to drive straight.
About half way to the store I said,...Dad,..when did your wifes daughter get here from California?
He said,....."THREE DAYS AGO".......And it was immediately that I realized why the Lord told me to go see your dad.
When she came in from California,..that was when the Lord told me to go see him.
When we return to his house,..the daughter was still sitting at the table and I sat down with her.
And you know the drill!...Yes,..my dad was again pacing back and forth making sure that I did not talk about Jesus,...well Being that she was from California and How I have a great interest in prospecting for gold with a metal detector,...I asked about the area that she lived in,..and that was what the conversation mainly consisted about.
Well my dad decided to go outside,..And I looked at the daughter,..and said,......"I will probally not ever get to meet you again in this lifetime.
Do you mind if I tell you a story that you will never forget for the rest of your life?
And she agreed to hear my story.
I explained the Gospel to her in such a way as she had never heard it explained in this way before, but it really opens up ones eyes!,..and I explained to Her who the Lord had told me to go see my dad and about the time she had flew in from California.

Tears were flowing down this hard core womans face behind her glasses,..and I knew the Holy Spirit was working on her.
With that,......I got up and Shook her hand and told her that Jesus loves her,..and about that time,..My dad and his wife came in from outside,..and I walked up to both of them and told them that I loved them,..and as I was driving away in my car,..I could see all three of them in my rearview mirror looking staring at me,..and I smiled from ear to ear,.because I had just saw the hand of God move on my dads wife's daughter.

Without faith,..it is impossible to please God.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the