Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Consider the benefits of an online degree
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Consider the benefits of an online degree  (Read 1792 times)
david749

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufKv-5t0t4E&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:24:44 PM by david749 » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:58 PM »

There is no reality to this "Reality Report". I live just a few miles from Macomb. Even though the permit for a block party was denied by the city the police did not break the party up as long as it was peaceful. The incident started with with a group of people that were not even a part of the WIU students that got highly intoxicated and crashed the 'party'. Several homes were set on fire and a number of females in the area were sexually assaulted. It didn't take long for some highly intoxicated students to also get involved and a number of major fights broke out throughout the area. McDonough District Hospital had a large number of people in their ER even prior to the fights that were suffering from alcohol intoxication, sexual assaults and then those that got injured from the fights. The small amount of police that were present at the onset of the party quickly lost control of the situation and some of them were also hurt. It was at this point that the local police tried to tell everyone to leave the streets and were then attacked by some of the students as well as the non-students. As a result the Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System Mobile Field Force along with county and state uniformed officers were called to the scene to get it under control.

I know the Macomb police Chief. Chief Barker is a laid back individual that is well liked by the majority of the people including WIU students. As easy going as he is he is not going to allow total anarchy in his city and that is what happened. There were 104 citations written and over half of them were not students at WIU. WIU has almost 11,000 campus students and there were very few of them that attended the event. The ones given citations were those that charged at the police or were throwing beer bottles at them. The charges were for disorderly conduct and aggravated battery with more pending further investigations. The Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System Mobile Field Force did use tear gas and mace to try to break up the crowd that was throwing beer bottles and at one point did use a sound gun to get some people off of a balcony that were throwing various things into the crowd.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
david749

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 12:12:08 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArcMOkuoK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEuJimaumW4&feature=related
david749

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:18:40 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OmZvyNrzAs
david749

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8-zg4m4YE
david749

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 01:20:04 AM »

Soldier     Thanks for the input.  I did not personally witness the events.......just saw what was on the film.....special troops marching against young people.   Were you there when this event happened?

I am actually more interested in what is NOT presented on Mainstream Media.  Troops marching against students in my mind is a major news event........yet there was no coverage to my knowledge on National television, newspapers etc.  This also was the case when these type of troops marched on the demonstrators at the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh.....marching right on to their campus.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:23 AM »

There is no reality to this "Reality Report". I live just a few miles from Macomb. Even though the permit for a block party was denied by the city the police did not break the party up as long as it was peaceful. The incident started with with a group of people that were not even a part of the WIU students that got highly intoxicated and crashed the 'party'. Several homes were set on fire and a number of females in the area were sexually assaulted. It didn't take long for some highly intoxicated students to also get involved and a number of major fights broke out throughout the area. McDonough District Hospital had a large number of people in their ER even prior to the fights that were suffering from alcohol intoxication, sexual assaults and then those that got injured from the fights. The small amount of police that were present at the onset of the party quickly lost control of the situation and some of them were also hurt. It was at this point that the local police tried to tell everyone to leave the streets and were then attacked by some of the students as well as the non-students. As a result the Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System Mobile Field Force along with county and state uniformed officers were called to the scene to get it under control.

I know the Macomb police Chief. Chief Barker is a laid back individual that is well liked by the majority of the people including WIU students. As easy going as he is he is not going to allow total anarchy in his city and that is what happened. There were 104 citations written and over half of them were not students at WIU. WIU has almost 11,000 campus students and there were very few of them that attended the event. The ones given citations were those that charged at the police or were throwing beer bottles at them. The charges were for disorderly conduct and aggravated battery with more pending further investigations. The Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System Mobile Field Force did use tear gas and mace to try to break up the crowd that was throwing beer bottles and at one point did use a sound gun to get some people off of a balcony that were throwing various things into the crowd.

As a retired police Watch Commander, it appears that the only mistake was waiting so late to call in the special officers with the proper gear. There are NO rights to do what the people in the crowd did. The police response to what was occurring in their presence appears to be 100% justified - mild compared to what could have been done to stop the violations of numerous laws - including the assault on police officers and a variety of serious felony crimes. Police have every right and even a responsibility to restore peace - anything less would be a dereliction of duty under the law. It's a lawful order when the police order a crowd to disperse or leave and a criminal act to refuse. Bluntly, a bunch of drunken apes needed to be put in jail. The police tactics appeared to be by the book, quite reasonable for the circumstances, and required for the situation to restore order. Simple example:  when someone is ordered by a police officer to leave the scene of a disturbance, it doesn't matter what the person wants to do. Simple example 2:  warrants are NOT required when law violations occur in the presence of a police officer. There are many other simple examples too numerous to mention that address public safety, officer safety, and peace. My final thought was:  what idiots thought it was okay to set fires?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 10:05:17 AM »

Soldier     Thanks for the input.  I did not personally witness the events.......just saw what was on the film.....special troops marching against young people.   Were you there when this event happened?

I am actually more interested in what is NOT presented on Mainstream Media.  Troops marching against students in my mind is a major news event........yet there was no coverage to my knowledge on National television, newspapers etc.  This also was the case when these type of troops marched on the demonstrators at the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh.....marching right on to their campus.

I wasn't there in person. It was live on our local TV station and I have family and friends that live there and saw it all first hand.

I realize that sometimes things are not what they seem in these videos on both sides (both law enforcement and citizens). There have been incidents where law enforcement has taken the wrong steps and actually violated the law themselves in doing so. Police officers are human and some are well meaning but make mistakes and some think they are above the law because of their position. Yet there are many others that do all they can to do what is right. I also realize on the other hand that there are more and more citizens coming out that think they have the right to do whatever they want in the name of freedom and think that all authority figures are trampling on their rights just because they are trying to protect others from things like this. Our youth of today are being taught in some public schools by the likes of Bill Ayers and Bernadette Horn to go against any and all authority no matter what the circumstances are.

There are many of these videos on the internet that are totally unreliable in their information and it is difficult to discern them from the truthful ones. Videos can often be made to show what the person wants them to show by leaving out important information and narrating their own viewpoint according to their own agenda.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

As a retired police Watch Commander, it appears that the only mistake was waiting so late to call in the special officers with the proper gear.

They haven't had these sort of problems in years past so didn't expect them. I don't know for sure exactly when they called for assistance but I do know that the Mobile Field Force had to come from over 30 miles away which would explain at least some of the delay in deployment. We heard the first mention of it on our scanner when the fires were set but the police does have data sets that can't be picked up by scanners as means of communications also.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:10:45 PM by Soldier4Christ » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the