Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  2012 Candidates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Candidates  (Read 12299 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »

Thanks for the articles and information. Herman Cain does look good, and I'm trying to find out more about others mentioned. I heard Herman Cain in the recent debate and like everything about him so far.

A news spot I heard this morning indicates that Mike Huckaby and Donald Trump are no longer running.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:50:30 PM by nChrist » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »

A news spot I heard this morning indicates that Mike Huckaby and Donald Trump are no longer running.

I'm especially glad that Donald Trump is not running and I don't think that Mike Huckaby would have stood much of chance.

Allen West has a really big following already but is being held up by his wife. Without his wife's support he won't run. I don't blame him for that at all. There are many though that are trying to change his and her mind on that.

There is a lot out there on West. The only thing negative about him is that he broke Military protocol while interrogating an enemy while in Afghanistan. He took the person outside held a gun close to his head and fired the gun purposefully missing the person. He gained information that saved his Troops lives. Immediately after that he went to his leading officer, put his gun on his desk and told him what he done. He faced a court martial for it and received a fine as punishment for it. He said he would do it again if it meant saving his Troops. This only shows that he is a man of honor as far as I'm concerned.

He is also a staunch Christian that has no problem speaking out about it. His actions has shown that it is not just in words or name alone. He has spoken out in behalf of prayer in Congress and rejects the idea of not having it there and abhors the idea of people not being allowed to do so in the name of Jesus.

When confronted by a muslim from CAIR about islam being a peaceful religion during a townhall meeting his response to him was priceless. He doesn't mince words on who the enemy to America is and tells it like it is.

Whether he runs for President or Vice-President or not he will still be a valued member in Washington and my prayers and any other support I can give are with him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »

Brother, thanks for the information on Allen West. He also sounds like my kind of candidate. I especially like his testimony for Christ and his blunt honesty. I don't view the military incident as a big deal, just more evidence of his blunt honesty. I will be looking for more about him and hope that he runs.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 09:33:38 AM »

Although Allen West said he wasn't planning on running I would like to see him join in the run. A Cain/West ticket would be a very strong one indeed. The majority of the comments made about Cain in the article above also fit West.

I agree with you on that!  I like both of them very much.  Two guys that are not afraid to speak up and mean what they say.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 02:20:04 PM »

Tea Party Favorite Herman Cain Joins 2012 GOP Race
foxnews.com

Tea Party favorite Herman Cain announced his long-shot presidential candidacy to a raucous crowd in Atlanta Saturday, yelling, "I'm running for president of the United States and I'm not running for second."

At a rally attended by thousands, the businessman, author and talk radio show host showed he knows how to wow a conservative gathering. The crowd chanted, "Herman, Herman, Herman," as Cain unleashed the same soaring rhetoric and relentless attacks on President Obama that has created buzz in recent weeks.

"Let me tell you some of the reasons why I'm running for president of the United States.We have become a nation of crises," he said, citing morals, the economy, entitlement spending, immigration and foreign affairs as among the crises facing the nation.

"And we've got a deficiency of leadership crisis in the White House," he said to roaring cheers.

Now the 65-year-old Republican will see if he can use that grass-roots enthusiasm to turn a long-shot presidential campaign into a credible bid.

Related Links
2012 Courting of Donor-Friendly Republicans Vexes Tea Party ActivistsCain has been introducing himself to voters during months of traveling around the country.

Cain supports a strong national defense, opposes abortion, backs replacing the federal income tax with a national sales tax and favors a return to the gold standard.

He's never held elected office, losing a three-way Republican U.S. Senate primary bid in Georgia in 2004 with one-quarter of the vote. His "Hermanator" political action committee has taken in just over $16,000 this year.

Cain says he's running "a bottoms-up, outside-the-box campaign." Supporters say he taps into the tea party-fueled desire for plain-speaking citizen candidates.

"I just love him," gushed Laura Miller, a self-described "Cainiac" from Jessup, Ga. "What he says makes so much sense."

Born in Memphis, Tenn., and raised in Atlanta, Cain is the son of a chauffeur and a maid. He attended historically black Morehouse College, earned a master's degree from Purdue University and worked as a mathematician for the Navy before beginning to scale the corporate ladder.

He worked at Coca-Cola, Pillsbury and Burger King before taking the helm of the failing Godfather's Pizza franchise, which he rescued by shuttering hundreds of restaurants.

He burst onto the political stage when he sparred with President Bill Clinton over the Democrat's health care plan at a 1994 town hall meeting.

"On behalf of all of those business owners that are in a situation similar to mine," asked Cain, "my question is, quite simply, if I'm forced to do this, what will I tell those people whose jobs I will have to eliminate?"

The late Jack Kemp, the GOP vice presidential nominee in 1996, once described Cain as having "the voice of Othello, the looks of a football player, the English of Oxfordian quality and the courage of a lion."

In 2006, Cain was diagnosed with liver and colon cancer. He says he's been cancer-free since 2007 and credits the nation's health care system with keeping him alive. He says it's one reason he's so opposed to the health overhaul championed by President Barack Obama.

At a speech last week in Macon, Ga., Cain gave a glimpse of the rationale for his candidacy. He said the American dream is under attack from runaway debt, a stagnant economy and a Democratic administration forcing a legislative agenda citizens don't want.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »

The Case for Herman Cain for President -- Solving for X
By Herman Cain

Published May 21, 2011
 FoxNews.com

I graduated from Morehouse College with a degree in mathematics in 1967. Back then, we didn’t use fancy calculators to solve problems. Instead, we utilized formulas to “solve for x.”

The same holds true in life. Throughout my own, “solving for x” meant learning how to nurture a family, how to navigate the corporate world during unfavorable times and how to deliver results. In delivering these results, I have always maintained a sense of humanity while achieving bottom lines and profitability. It stems from my humble beginnings, upbringing and spiritual compass.

I grew up in a three-room house during the height of segregation. My father worked three jobs-- as a barber, janitor and chauffer—and my mother was a domestic worker. They toiled tirelessly to provide for my brother and me in hopes of giving us a better life than what they ever knew. And they did.

After I graduated from Morehouse College, my wife and I moved to West Lafayette, Indiana, where I earned my Master’s degree from Purdue University in 1971. Though my coursework was rigorous, I also worked full-time for the Department of the Navy, helping to develop ballistics and fire control systems for America’s military. It was here I learned that each person should contribute whatever he or she is able to defend this great country.

After six rewarding years in the Department of the Navy, I began to blaze my trail in the corporate world. Here, I formulated my “common sense solutions” strategies that helped to “solve for x” in the various problems of corporate America. I took these “common sense solutions” to Coca-Cola, Pillsbury, Burger King, Godfather’s Pizza and the National Restaurant Association. They even worked during my tenure as the chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Later in life, “solving for x” meant finding a way to survive stage 4 cancer of the liver and colon. Sustained by an unmovable faith and the love of family and friends, I am now five years cancer free.

Over the course of the last year and a half, I have crisscrossed the country and shared my vision for America. More importantly, I have listened to the concerns of folks all across this land -- from the farmer in Iowa to the retiree in Florida to the student in South Carolina. Throughout my needs assessment tour, I have learned that America faces significant challenges and we are right to demand a return on our investment. We see ourselves as putting so much in, and getting so little out—in the form of widespread joblessness, runaway debt, skyrocketed energy prices and an unclear foreign policy agenda.

But, we remain undaunted. Americans know that “solving for x” simply means using the right formula. What’s that formula, you might ask? Working on the right problems. Asking the right questions. Removing barriers to success. Surrounding yourself with the right people.

This is my “common sense” approach to real leadership. This approach is coupled with a steadfast belief that politics should never compromise principles. And my principles are rooted in the Constitutional guarantees of limited government and individual freedom.

I believe in a strong military and clear foreign policy that ensures the safety of our country. I believe in lower taxes, less regulation and private sector job creation that ensures the economic stability of our country. And I believe in the moral foundation upon which this nation was based and continues to make Her strong, independent and free.

In the end, it will be up to the American people. They will decide if my “common sense solutions” make up the proper formula to “solve for x.”

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »

Hello HisDaughter,

I want to thank you for the articles on Herman Cain. I've been trying to find out more about him, and everything sounds good so far.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

Herman Cain Backs off on Anti-Islam Comments!

Back in late March possible presidential candidate Herman Cain (Georgia, U.S.), stated that he would not bring any Muslims into his cabinet.

Herman Cain: Muslim comments ‘misconstrued’

Herman Cain wants to correct the record: He would consider a Muslim for his cabinet or as a federal judge if he’s elected president.

Cain’s clarification comes two months after he initially said he wouldn’t have any Muslim appointees, stoking controversy and criticism from a leading Muslim advocacy group.

“That statement is not what I said. It has been misconstrued,” Cain told Glenn Beck on his radio show Tuesday.

Asked in March if he would consider putting a Muslim in a top position, the Atlanta businessman told the liberal blog Think Progress he wouldn’t.

“And here’s why: There’s this creeping attempt, there’s this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government.”

In the appearance on Beck’s radio show, Cain admitted that he responded to the question hastily.

“I immediately said – without thinking – ‘No, I would not be comfortable,’” he said. “I did not say that I would not have them in my cabinet. If you look at my career, I have hired good people regardless of race, religion, sex gender, orientation and this kind of thing.”

http://loganswarning.com/2011/05/24/herman-cain-backs-off-on-anti-islam-comments/

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »

What he actually said wasn't directed at just Muslims.  He said that he would only want people that were patriots and loyal to America and her Constitution.  Of course all the groups are going to oppose everyone except Obama.  Expect to hear more.

However, I want someone that is going to stand strong and not whimp out because of pressure from groups that I feel don't even have a right to an opinion.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »

What he actually said wasn't directed at just Muslims.  He said that he would only want people that were patriots and loyal to America and her Constitution.  Of course all the groups are going to oppose everyone except Obama.  Expect to hear more.

However, I want someone that is going to stand strong and not whimp out because of pressure from groups that I feel don't even have a right to an opinion.

Exactly.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »

"The world is getting warmer": Romney
Reuters

Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

The former Massachusetts governor fielded questions on topics ranging from the debt ceiling to abortion on his first full day of campaigning for 2012 Republican primary nomination.

Romney leads opinion polls in New Hampshire by a wide margin, and is among the top contenders nationally to win the Republican primary.

But the candidate lost the publicity battle on Thursday when his campaign launch in New Hampshire was overshadowed by Republican star Sarah Palin, who swooped in as part of her East Coast bus tour to dominate local media coverage.

In addressing climate change and energy policy, Romney called on the United States to break its dependence on foreign oil, and expand alternative energies including solar, wind, nuclear and clean coal.

"I love solar and wind (power) but they don't drive cars. And we're not all going to drive Chevy Volts," he said referring to electric cars.

The United States can not go it alone in attempting to trim emissions levels and give a free pass to countries such as China and Brazil, Romney said. "It's not called American warming, it's called global warming," he said.

Software developer Michael Hillinger, 60, of Hanover, New Hampshire, posed the climate change question.

Romney's answer provided plenty of wiggle-room, Hillinger said, but "he is taking a more forthright stand than any of the other candidates."

At an event in Manchester last week, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, also running for president, said that climate change is "the newest excuse to take control of lives" by "left-wing intellectuals."

Asked to lay out a specific plan for the economy, Romney outlined seven points but referred to his 2010 book "No Apology" as containing his policy ideas in details.

"It's a good book. I'll give you a discount," he quipped.

Romney skirted a question about whether doctors who perform abortions, or women who have abortions, should face criminal sanctions if Roe v. Wade, the 1973 U.S. law that protects abortion rights, were overturned.

"I am pro-life," he said, adding that decisions on abortion law should be returned to state jurisdiction.

Abortion is one of several issues on which Romney's critics accuse him of flip-flopping over the years. In the past, including during his race in 2002 to be Massachusetts governor, he has said he supports the substance of Roe v. Wade.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 10:58:29 AM »

OH PLAEEEEESE!
Aren't we over this yet?Huh  Well I don't plan on voting for this guy anyway.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 04:09:15 PM »

OH PLAEEEEESE!
Aren't we over this yet?Huh  Well I don't plan on voting for this guy anyway.

Romney is a liberal in the wrong party, and he will not be getting my vote. His recent statements indicate that he will do or say anything to get elected, but he doesn't know how to be a conservative. He's a RINO.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »

Herman Cain Tosses Out Establishment Playbook in Republican Presidential Bid
foxnews.com

Mitt Romney may be at the top of Republican presidential preference polls, but traditional campaign models are not going to guarantee the nominee this presidential season, candidate Herman Cain said Sunday.

Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, argued that his recent catapult in the polls is the product of a strategy to create buzz among nontraditional media and social forces.

"There are two dynamics that have changed the political landscape -- the power of the Internet, as well as the citizens' Tea Party movement. Those dynamics neutralizes having the most amount of money," he said.

He added that establishment Republicans like Karl Rove and Charles Krauthammer have earned his respect, but they are using an old playbook.

"They are working off of the traditional model of great name ID before you start out, whole lot of money, and you've held public office before. But Herman Cain is just the reverse. But guess what's happening? The American people aren't looking at it from the traditional model standpoint," he told ABC's "This Week."

Cain has recently appeared in the middle of polling of potential and declared candidates, drawing more than former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann in a recent poll by CNN. Bachmann has not yet said whether she will run. 

Cain said he's been able to defy the odds by appealing to voters' desire to keep the American Dream alive, but even he is surprised by the amount of attention he's received from voters and the media.

"Our strategy from the beginning has been to develop a very strong ground game. I've been doing that ever since the beginning of the year. But we are a bit surprised at how quickly I'm starting to show up in the top of the polls," he said.

Cain said his campaign is on track to meet its fundraising targets, but money is less important than it has been deemed to be.

"We'll have enough money to be competitive, but we don't have to have the most amount," he said.

Ultimately, though, Cain said the Republican field is not so diverse when it comes to social and fiscal issues, and that should serve the party well during the nomination process.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:57 AM »

Santorum Enters GOP Presidential Contest
foxnews.com

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum announced Monday that he is entering the race for the Republican presidential nomination, saying he's "in it to win it."

"We're ready to announce that we're going to be in this race," Santorum said on a television news show ahead of a rally in Somerset, Pa. He will then fly to Iowa for events on June 7, and to New Hampshire on June 8-9.

Santorum, the former No. 3 Republican in the U.S. Senate, was to rally at the Somerset County Courthouse, a location that his team said is significant because it is near where Santorum's grandfather settled in the U.S. "after leaving fascist Italy to work in the Pennsylvania coal mines until he was 72 years old. He chose to come to America for the freedom our nation offered him."

Santorum has said that he has already visited the three early voting states of New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina because he's taking the approach that he doesn't want to appeal to niche groups in the GOP base, but to all comers.

Santorum, however, is popular among social conservatives who prefer his strong anti-abortion stance and opposition to gay marriage and embryonic stem cell research.

In this Dec. 7, 2010, photo, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum is interviewed by The Associated Press in Washington.
Related Links
Santorum Running for White House as Reliable ConservativeThe blunt-talking conservative lacks the name recognition and fundraising organization of his better-known rivals -- former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and potential contenders Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. Some have declared and some haven't.

Santorum, a lawyer by training, had been laying the groundwork for a presidential bid when he lost a bruising re-election bid to the Senate in 2006. His sometimes abrasive style alienated voters in Democratic-leaning Pennsylvania, and they replaced him with Bob Casey, an anti-abortion Democrat.

Santorum said Monday that he lost the election because he stood for some unpopular positions, like Social Security reforms that are now no longer the third rail. He said looking back, he may have lost, but he didn't flinch and stood by what he believed in.

Santorum's policy positions align with national conservatives who now are looking at many of the expected candidates with skepticism.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's changes of heart on gay rights and abortion do little to help his second presidential effort. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is twice divorced. Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who worked for three Republican administrations, nonetheless accepted President Obama's offer to be the U.S. ambassador to China.

Santorum, 53, established a presidential exploratory committee to start raising money and joined the first Republican presidential debate in South Carolina. He is expected at next Monday's debate in New Hampshire, having reached the 2 percent threshold required by the hosts to participate.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the