Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  tithing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tithing  (Read 1936 times)
NiaNinja

yall stay blessed now ya hear!

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2004, 01:34:36 AM »

i can not find much information concerning tithing in the new testiment. i see a lot in the old but is there any law in the new that states we have to pay tithes since we are no longer under the mosaic law?

B.  e.  Z!
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 12:45:57 PM »

Here's some past threads on tithing. There could be more but this should be enough to confuse you!  Lips Sealed

A QUESTION ON TITHING
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=2;action=post;threadid=2724;title=Post%2Breply;start=0

"NO MORE TITHING"
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=1023

True or False
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=2479;start=0

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 02:08:42 PM »

I am not qualified to tell you whether or not tithing is a law of Christianity, or simply a suggestion. Nor can I give you the exact percentage you must pay, if tithing IS a requirement. But I know that we are told through Scripture to give financially to those in need - sometimes, even if we are needy ourselves. Some ammount of "tithe" can be given as food or clothing; many of the early Christians, impoverished, would skip meals so that a brother or sister could have something to eat. Dorcas made garments for charity. Those with the spiritual gift of Giving are told to give with all their heart. To whom much is given, much is required.
But there is also the legalistic view of tithing that pompously (in guise of self-sacrifice) gives money to God that should be used to help within the family; for example, the son who told his needy parents, "I can't help you. The money has been devoted to the Lord."
If God places us in a situation where we are able to provide for the needs of our loved ones, we must do this. We have a God-given responsibility towards them.

The traditional view of giving tithe to your own church is often condemned by many Christians who prefer to handle their own "investments" in the Lord. I am not saying they are wrong; but if the local body of believers is in need, especially our own shepherds, I believe it is our duty to support them if possible.
If we can send missionary gifts overseas, or sponser hungry children internationally, that is wonderful! But if our own flock is in need, we should be dedicated to them first, for they are what is feeding us in the Lord, and they also have been given to us to be ministered to.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Reba
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 03:43:01 PM »

Very well said willow  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the