Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:05:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  VALLEY OF THE DRY BONES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VALLEY OF THE DRY BONES  (Read 1521 times)
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »

This will be an overall picture of what is happening in the world today. In my many years (I am 80 now) I have seen the changes that have come about.  In the very busyness of merely living everyday lives, the changes kind of crept in and the world followed, including me.  And you, too.  Think about it.
The story of the “dry bones” came to mind.  When I first heard the song about “Them bones, them bones, them dry bones” I thought it was just a fun song.  Didn’t know it was a story in the Bible. It was a good story of how the bones were connected.  Read Ezekiel37:1-14 to get the whole intriguing story.  It’s about the people of Israel.  I will explain more about it but in a modern way.
I will start when the Pilgrims first came to the new land because they wanted religious freedom.  Everything was based on the Bible, the Word of God.  Laws were made according to it.  The Ten Commandments were a must to follow.  The Bible was a learning tool for reading and writing.  Most people believed in the God of the Bible.  There were always some who didn’t. 
People prayed as a family.  They turned to God and the Bible when they needed guidance.  It was not a perfect time any more than it is now.  Each generation had it’s own problems to contend with.
It had its own dangers.  I wasn’t there so I can’t pretend to know just how it really was.  Would I have been a survivor in that wilderness that needed tamed?  Would you? 
Isaiah 5:20-21Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!  Woe for unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight.”  A group of people who hated God, decided it was unconstitutional to mix church and state.  Then it was a woman’s privilege to decide if she wanted to keep her baby; conceived in sin, or get rid of the hindrance.  The fetus is not a baby yet, just a piece of matter is their argument.
No prayer in school or public places allowed. “Human rights “was invented to take away the rights of those who wish to follow God’s laws.  The God-ordained family is being broken down.  Two men or two women can adopt an innocent  baby and it is called a family. How far will that child go to call evil good?  I think you get the picture.  We are in the Valley of Dry Bones.  “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will feel no evil: for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  (Psalm 23:4)  Before now , I was only able to see the surface meaning. When I was dying I didn’t have to have any fear.  I see it in a different light now.
We are walking in the valley of the shadow of death as we walk about doing our daily business.
Death (of souls) is all around us.  It is becoming more and more apparent with all the murders committed everywhere.  No place is safe day or night.  Jesus is still giving us the peace he has promised.  He never lets us alone to fight the battles, visible and invisible.
The Valley of the shadow of death is also the valley of the dry bones.  With all the spirituality in the world today (not God’s) and people saying they can float in the air and other occult practices, they wouldn’t be too doubtful about Ezekiel being spirited away.  But I can imagine that when the bones began to come to life, they might get a little scared.  Verse 3 “And He said unto me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered and said: “O, Lord God, You know”.  He had no doubts that God could do anything.  He is the Creater.  IN verse 4 he was told to  prophesy to the bones, saying “O you dry bones, hear the Word of the Lord.”  Wouldn’t we feel silly if we were told to talk to s bunch of old dry bones?  Ezekiel spoke and spoke to the them. 
If a preacher of today dares to preach God’s Word as it is given to him, he would be doing the same.
Our bodies may be sitting in a church but our spirits could be dried out.  The Valley of the Dry Bones are the churches that “preach” a dead sermon to a group of dead people.  They only go because it’s the thing to do.  It makes them look good.  While their spirits are totally dead.   
One Church I had been in the sermon was only about 5 minutes long. People complained because it was too long.  The new thing is we can’t offend any one.  Don’t talk about sin; people will leave.
We need their money to keep the church open and also to feed our own pocket books.  Many churches are becoming like “a den of thieves” Matthew 21:13 “MY House shall be called the house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves”. In verse 12, Jesus, in his anger, cast out all who desecrated the House of God. Jesus is the same, to day, yesterday and tomorrow.  Is there any reason to think he wouldn’t do the same today?  It’s ripe to be overthrown.  How long will God keep His anger.
After Ezekiel prophesied to the bones, telling them to listen to what God had to say.  With His own voice, God spoke to them saying, “Behold I will cause breathe to enter into you, and you shall live. And I will bring flesh upon you and cover you with skin, and put breathe in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.”
Although this relates to a backslid Israel’s restoration with God, it can apply to God’s people everywhere.  John 3:16 “For God so loved the whole world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.”  God’s breath entered into us when we accepted this wonderful promise.  We were dead in sin and just like those dry bones.  With the acceptance we received everlasting life.  The blood of Jesus became our covering.
Verse 7: “So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.  Everything fell in place as God said.  “But there was no breath in them.” Verse 9 “Then said He unto me, “Prophesy unto Me: “Prophesy unto the wind, thus says the Lord God: come from the four winds, o Breathe, and breathe upon these slain that they may live.”
The Holy Spirit is the wind that gives breathe.  It is a refreshing wind as I have experienced one day. It was a cold day, rainm snow and ice blowing strong in all directions at about 60 miles per hour.  Instead of looking for warmth and protection from the wind, I was exhilarated by it.  To add to the excitement, I looked toward the river and saw pure white seagulls flying around in all directions away from and into the wind.  If I would have had wings I would have joined them!  It was something I will never forget.
 I got the full force of what the Holy Spirit does in our life.  The gulls seamed to be enjoying their “play”. When the Holy Spirit blows into our face, He is refreshing us.  When He blows behind us, He is helping us to keep going even when we feel we can’t take another step.  He gives us life all around us.
In versed 11 & 12 , the bones (newly constructed house of Israel) say they are dried up and don’t know it.
Ezekiel prophesized again as God told him to do.  “Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.”   Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives. And of recovering sight to the blind, to set at liberty, they that are bruised.”
Although we may think we are alive and well, without Jesus we are already in our graves and only He can get us out of them.  We are the poor who don’t receive the richness of God’s love and mercy.  Why are so many people unhappy most of the time? They don’t know Jesus.Until Jesus delivers us,we are still captives of Satan. We are blind to the truth of God until Jesus restores our sight.
At last we are liberated from the bruises received by the evil one. Our dry bones become alive.  We become fully dressed in the robes of righteousness.  We breathe the fresh air of the Holy  Spirit---no more pollution.
THE VALLEY OF THE DRY BONES is no longer a threat.  Praise the Holy Name of Jesus!  God bless you.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:07:41 PM »

Hello LivingByFaith,

Very nice - thank you for sharing. I can see that you're an accomplished writer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

david749

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:54:32 AM »

Thanks so much for the post brother.  May God be close to you always in the days ahead.  Praise God for His kindness, patience, and mercy. 
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »

Thanks David749 Grin  I'm not your brother but an 80 year old sister!  I don't understand a lot of the technicalities of the Bible.  I can only write under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.  When I try to write under my own understanding it goes flat.

Just a few minutes ago I posted "Blessed be Egypt, my people" if you care to read it.

I will write more about my life when God says I should.  How and why I became a writer.

I wrote about 100 items from  2000-2006.  Then had a bad slump period until now.  God let me know I had to write again after I had colon cancer surgery which He healed (last March).  I was between life and death but He wasn't throughwith me yet.

I will post about that time in my life from last March until now.  God is so good.  God bless you

Bless you.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
david749

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 06:47:13 PM »

Oh....Ok....thanks sister.   May God be very close to you always.     David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the