Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  U.S. Dollar and Food Prices
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S. Dollar and Food Prices  (Read 16576 times)
david749

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 08:02:15 AM »

Hi Tom   Hope you are doing well.

The democrats and republicans are fighting over about 50 or 60 billion dollars which is actually somewhat small potatoes considering the current trillion dollar yearly deficits. 

I find it somewhat disgusting that military cutbacks are almost never mentioned by either party.  That should be the first thing to go.  We have no business starting and being involved in all these aggressive wars overseas. 

I heard that the cost of just one missile being fired on the Libyan population costs around 1.5 million.  We shot off about 200 of these in the early part of the war.  Who knows how many innocent people were killed in an instant. 

!.5 million........in an instant........poof. 

That one missile could fund the agency where I work for one full year..........an agency which helps out the poor and disabled. 

I have to research this farther to see about our debt payments to people who hold our Securities..........whether those payments stop if the government shuts down.  It is pretty rare if the government shuts down........but I am a bit concerned as it was a lead story on several mainstream news shows on Tuesday.......which I saw just after my post.   
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:03:50 AM by david749 » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »

On one side of the coin would be highly limited and unintentional collateral damage. On the other side of the coin would be intentional wholesale slaughter by a ruthless dictator.

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2011, 12:24:42 AM »

For what we spent on missiles in Libya, we probably could have paid off Qaddafi and bought his resignation for less.

We could save trillions by closing most of our 700 plus bases overseas and bringing most of our troops home. After all, which our Republican Constitutionalists ignore, the Founding Fathers believed the US should never maintain a standing military except in time of war (declared by Congress), and should avoid at all costs alliances with foreign powers that would drag us onto wars. (This would include such organizations as the UN.)

If we spent the money we waste on the military in a crash program to get off oil, we wouldn't need to be anywhere else, and could let the Islamic terrorists drink their oil!

The Republicans have a lot of nerve insisting on cuts to Social Security and Medicare while companies can make billions and not pay a penny of income tax, and while they want tax breaks for oil companies already making record profits, and tax cuts for companies creating jobs - in China.

The Republicans are right about many things, though. The US government should get out of education entirely and close down the Department of Education. Many other agencies should either be closed or consolidated. However, this would include Homeland Security, a wasteful boondoggle unsuccessfully created to get intelligence agencies to share information. Better to eliminate it and consolidate all intelligence into two agencies - FBI for domestic matters and CIA for foreign ones.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
david749

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2011, 12:54:23 AM »

Thanks

I remember with Vietnam......we were initially told that if we did not do anything......then that whole part of the world would be gobbled up by Communism........the Domino Theory. 

That was a lie.

And that war resulted in about 50,000 of our boys being killed....many injured......and many with severe problems after being sprayed with Agent Orange.    And the Vietnamese lost about two million killed........many of whom were innocent women and children.

A real tragedy...........but those who make money funding wars, building military equipment, etc.......have an interest in promoting such things.

Eisenhower warned about this many years ago. 
david749

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2011, 08:09:21 AM »

While the U.S. dollar has been going down in relationship to other world currencies, this graph shows that other world fiat paper currencies are going down in relation to gold/silver as well.  There are severe debt problems in Europe, Japan, and other places.

The whole world's fiat paper money system that sprung up after WW2 is currently on very shaky ground.

http://www.the-privateer.com/chart/g-multi.html

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:51:27 PM by david749 » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2011, 08:50:22 AM »

I agree that we have been involved in foreign affairs way too much and in a manner in which we shouldn't be. To not have a standing Army though would be a great mistake. It would make us look weak and therefore a greater target. At the time of the founding of this nation it was more plausible to not have one and still be able to properly protect ourselves. Now due to more modern technology it would be difficult if not impossible to call an Army together in a time efficient manner. However that Army does not have to be as large and costly as it currently is.

I remember with Vietnam......we were initially told that if we did not do anything......then that whole part of the world would be gobbled up by Communism........the Domino Theory. 

That was a lie.

The majority of the people that were killed there happened after we pulled out. It was a poorly handled war with way too much PC involved and many died that did not need to.

Personally I don't see that as a lie. If we look at the world today communists and islamists are taking over and spreading rapidly even right here in our midst. The problem as I see it is that we have been fighting it in the wrong manner.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
david749

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2011, 08:03:02 PM »

"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.  And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. 

But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country.  Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them."  (Heb 11: 13-16)

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.............." (Phil 3:20)

"Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims......."    (1 Peter 2: 11)
david749

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »

A basket of commodities versus the dollar:

http://futuresource.quote.com/quotes/chart.action?symbol=CI&compareTo=&topsyms=CI&month=&year=&chartAggregation=M&chartStyle=BAR&chartSize=650x450&chartDensity=MEDIUM&userStudies=&x=27&y=10
david749

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2011, 11:14:55 PM »

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=4165&mn=22158&pt=msg&mid=10411453
david749

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »

Peter Schiff Video:     http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/bernanke-lying-bet-against-fed-dollar-peter-schiff-152631496.html
david749

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2011, 08:57:34 PM »

Monthly chart of U.S. dollar:     http://futuresource.quote.com/quotes/chart.action?symbol=DX&compareTo=&topsyms=DX&month=&year=2011&chartAggregation=M&chartStyle=BAR&chartSize=650x450&chartDensity=MEDIUM&userStudies=&x=27&y=10
david749

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 08:24:05 AM »

1837:  Andrew Jackson Farewell Address:   http://www.aircrash.org/burnelli/ajackson.htm
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 05:11:30 PM »

1837:  Andrew Jackson Farewell Address:   http://www.aircrash.org/burnelli/ajackson.htm

Very nice - thanks for sharing Brother David.

david749

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 09:12:22 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jm42AS9tko&feature=autoplay&list=PL7801264A3B0D9CAD&index=23&playnext=8
david749

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USGSOViaulc
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the