Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  U.S. Dollar and Food Prices
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S. Dollar and Food Prices  (Read 16537 times)
david749

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 08:07:47 AM »

March 2011 Article:       http://www.financeandeconomics.org/Articles%20archive/2011.03.07%20Crunchtime.htm
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:29 AM »

March 2011 Article:       http://www.financeandeconomics.org/Articles%20archive/2011.03.07%20Crunchtime.htm

Thanks! This was an excellent article that put everything into perspective in a common sense way. I'll speak for myself and say that I enjoy articles more than videos because I can copy the ones that are the most informative for later use and more study.

david749

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 06:45:04 PM »

Hi Tom

The name of the author for that article:    Alasdair Macleod

He has a website at:       www.financeandeconomics.org

You can also see him live on Youtube. 

Have a pleasant week Tom.      David
david749

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »

http://www.prisonplanet.com/debt-problem-who-in-the-world-is-going-to-buy-the-billions-of-dollars-of-debt-the-u-s-government-is-constantly-pumping-out-now.html
david749

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzgrQYnnmcE
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 11:34:23 PM »

It would appear that our politicians might wake up and put the brakes on - but no. Instead, they're doing the opposite. With Japan probably in a position to liquidate some US bonds for rebuilding their country, all it would take is a source or two extra to stop buying our debt - and BUST! Frankly, that appears to be the inevitable outcome.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:39:32 PM by nChrist » Logged

david749

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:23 PM »

In the 1800's and into the early 1900's people everywhere had food pantries stocked up to get them through difficult winters and/or periods of time.  I would encourage everyone to re-adopt this attitude if possible.  Just because we have had a period of time without difficulty does not mean that this will continue forever. 

In addition the natural events such as earthquakes, etc seem to be increasing and it has been taking awhile before relief efforts can come into play........frequently one week or more. 

Thanks Tom for you input and have a very nice week.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 02:54:42 PM »

In the 1800's and into the early 1900's people everywhere had food pantries stocked up to get them through difficult winters and/or periods of time.  I would encourage everyone to re-adopt this attitude if possible.  Just because we have had a period of time without difficulty does not mean that this will continue forever. 

In addition the natural events such as earthquakes, etc seem to be increasing and it has been taking awhile before relief efforts can come into play........frequently one week or more. 

Thanks Tom for you input and have a very nice week.

I thought some about stocking up on a few items, but we haven't had a chance to yet. We could probably go 5 to 10 days with what we have on hand. Some of what we have on hand requires electricity, so it would be closer to 5 days without electricity. We had thought some about buying some MRE's (meals ready to eat) type emergency food supplies and putting back a couple of barrels of water. However, both my wife and myself are strong Christians, so we will trust God the most.

Thanks for the best wishes on our week - the same to you. We've had a busy but great week, and we're planning on resting up some first. We had our 38th Anniversary this week, a big 90th birthday party for my mother, and a family reunion. We had a wonderful time, but we're worn out. That's a good worn out.

david749

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »

Yes.....holding to the Pre-Wrath position.........I am fully ready in my heart to live in the wilderness for several years......away from most other people........and be fed supernaturally by God.    And if He does not choose to do that.........then I will happily go to be with Him.

However........in a crisis many people will be coming to me who will have perhaps have less faith in God.....or not even know God......and I will want to help them and also provide a bit of comfort for them......and some time also for them to perhaps turn their lives fully over to the Lord. 

It is a complex issue.

Have a nice week Tom and thanks again for your input. 
david749

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »

The following video is part 7 of 13 taped about one month ago.  It is an interview with Lindsey William, a baptist minister.  He predicted last October the current de-stabilization in the middle east last and a big rise in gasoline prices.  He says also that this will spread to other countries such as Jordan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc.  He has a inside source of information.  The interview includes part 7,8,9,etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtmMJ1DsLs8&feature=related

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »

Hi guys - hope everyone is well!!! Haven't been here for awhile!

Was interested in this because we've been checking the dollar index for a year now. We were told last year by Larry Bates that when the $ goes down to 76 the banks will begin their 'posturing' and will be getting ready to shut down!!!  Shocked Sure enough - as the dollar slid down to 75 (!!!) in the past week, we've been hearing threats of charging $5 ATM fees and limiting the amount of $ you can withdraw to $40 (I don't remember if that's per day of per week at this moment.) This is all reminiscnet of what happened in Argentina's collapse in early 2000's.

Also we're a bit skiddish about gold because during WWII gold was decalred illegal to own and you'd be paid pennies on the dollar as the gov't demanded that commodity be turned over to them.

Times are definately perilous. . .
david749

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »

The Rothschilds Family and their descendants, offspring, and associates have been quietly gobbling up the whole world since the time of the French Revolution.  They are the descendants of the moneychangers which Christ found doing business in His Father's temple........making Him very, very angry. 

They have no allegiance to any particular nation.  Their group has its own secret meetings on a regular basis such as the Bilderberg meetings.  They profit from the debt of nations as they have taken control of the central banks......such as our Federal Reserve.  They make money funding two nations making war with one another......providing loans and war materials to both sides. 

This new empire is very different from the past.......because for many years now it has ruled in secret......thus making them less vulnerable to the masses.

It wants to destroy the current system of nation states and bring in a One World Govt........with the elite reigning as oligarchs............and the masses serving them essentially as serfs.

God however will one day however put an end to it.  They will not prevail forever.   Their days are numbered.   

"The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, trample it and break it in pieces."

"The ten horns are ten kings who shall arise from this kingdom.  And another shall rise after them;  he shall be different from the first ones, and shall subdue three kings.  He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law.  Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time."

"And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet (no visible kingdom), but they receive authority for one hour as kings (visible kings) with the beast (anti-christ).

"These are of ONE MIND, and they will give their power and authority to the beast."

From Daniel 7 and Rev. 17. 

Advise:   food stock, water, silver coins, diamonds

Cling to God.  When you have to flee to the wilderness......and leave everything behind.....He will be there to feed you and supernaturally protect you and take care of you.   

Imagine the worst of all scenarios.........and build you faith now.  He is a very powerful God.....and loves His children very much.

"Fear not.......for I am with you."

"Be anxious for nothing."        (including total world chaos)

May His peace be upon you always............and thanks much for your input.    Have a nice week. 
david749

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »

Shown below is the monthly dollar graph going back to 1995.

The year 2010 was an anemic up year..........rising only from 78 to 79.  There is a very large double top formation that was put into place and the dollar ended the year 2010 very weak. 

For 2011 there will be downward pressure to break into new low ground.  The dollar is currently at around 75.89 versus a basket of other currencies.  Support in my opinion will be broken with a monthly close below 75.00........and certainly with a monthly close below 70.00.

http://futuresource.quote.com/quotes/chart.action?symbol=DX&compareTo=&topsyms=DX&month=&year=2011&chartAggregation=M&chartStyle=BAR&chartSize=650x450&chartDensity=MEDIUM&userStudies=&x=29&y=10
david749

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 11:21:47 PM »

Peter Schiff video:           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZnt7l-zXk
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 12:32:11 AM »

Hi guys - hope everyone is well!!! Haven't been here for awhile!

Was interested in this because we've been checking the dollar index for a year now. We were told last year by Larry Bates that when the $ goes down to 76 the banks will begin their 'posturing' and will be getting ready to shut down!!!  Shocked Sure enough - as the dollar slid down to 75 (!!!) in the past week, we've been hearing threats of charging $5 ATM fees and limiting the amount of $ you can withdraw to $40 (I don't remember if that's per day of per week at this moment.) This is all reminiscnet of what happened in Argentina's collapse in early 2000's.

Also we're a bit skiddish about gold because during WWII gold was decalred illegal to own and you'd be paid pennies on the dollar as the gov't demanded that commodity be turned over to them.

Times are definately perilous. . .

Hello Sister Barbara,

It's great to hear from you. So, how are you and your family, and what's the latest? Yes, these are perilous times, but it's a fascinating time for those who study Bible Prophecy. Everything is insane, chaotic, and void of any common sense. It surprises me that so many people think things are near normal and don't have a clue. It's eat, drink, and be merry for far too many, including many self-professing Christians.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the