Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 mean ??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 mean ??  (Read 10841 times)
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »

1 Corinthians 3:10 KJV According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 3:2 KJV If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25 KJV Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

I am not certain what you are disagreeing with...The verses you cited are exactly what I was referring too...that the Gentiles...which is me, and I assume that unless you were born a Jew, includes you, are also included in salvation....we are now joint heirs.  We are given the same salvation that was given to the Jews in Jesus.  We are all now under Grace.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2011, 09:06:39 AM »

1 Corinthians 3:10 KJV According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 3:2 KJV If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25 KJV Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

But none of these verses state what Paul teaches is any different than what Christ taught.  Nor do they say that the "dispensation" he is teaching is something new that started with him.  I love though the idea that pulling things out of the Bible and citing them makes you feel like you are proving your point.

1 Corinthians 3:10-11
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
now compare to what Christ had to say.
Matthew 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Also look at what Paul writes in Ephesians 2:20
Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
From here we see that everything is built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus being just what He called Himself...the chief corner stone.  Paul does not say there is anything different being built with him, or even with the apostles, it is all part of the same "building"
Also look into Revelations 21:14
Revelations 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Here we see that the foundation stones were the apostles, not Paul.

There is no one man band when it comes to the Gospel, unless that one man is Christ.  There is no ultra-dispensation because that puts more emphasis on Paul than on even Christ, and Paul expressed time and time again that he was not worthy of any praise.  And it was not about Paul, but should always be about Christ, and that what he taught was exactly the same as what Christ taught...the chief corner stone...the core of the foundation.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the