Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:03:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How was Paul Baptized ??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How was Paul Baptized ??  (Read 8316 times)
duval

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »

I suppose it does appear as a "robot" when my 2 questions have been asked repedeatly and receive no answers.  To your credit you tried in your last post and I shall attend to your answers.

In your post # 59 you wrote: "Now you have expanded your mentions by stating it is Jesus administering the baptism."  If by "baptism" you mean Holy Spirit baptism that is correct.  John the Baptist said in Matt.3:11:  "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:  he shall baptize you witih the Holy Ghost, and fire:"  Note please Jerry, Jesus is the administrator and it is also a promise! 

Now, to your answers to my 2 questions.  You wrote: "Ican and believe have answered."  Lets see if you really have.

MY  FIRST QUESTION WAS:  ''IS HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM A PROMISE OR COMMAND?"
Your answer: " Promise, because Bible says that if we believe in the Gospel of Jesus, that  God  will cleanse us of  our sin.
My answer :  True idt is a promise.  HKowever the remainder of your answerhas nothing to do with our subject of the baptism of the Holy pidrit.  Yes, Holy pirit baptism is a "promise"  AND A PROMISE CANNOT BE OBEYED."

MY SECOND QUESTION WAS: is water baptism a command or promise?

yOU ANSWERED:"Neither, to state it is is a command would indicate that there is a coknsequence for failure to act."

The Bible ansewer is found in cts 10:47,48- - - JK esus said "efarch the scriptures"---duva

duval

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2010, 03:13:08 PM »

Hi Jerry and all

I apologize as I am having problems with my key board or something.

God bless,
duval
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »

Yea you will need to retype this one...

The Bible ansewer is found in cts 10:47,48- - - JK esus said "efarch the scriptures"---duva

I was able to make out the rest fairly easily enough...but since this one had a verse it in...I did not want to "speculate" on what verse it was.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »

Hi Jerry

Yes, I will re do my last question which was:
IS WATER BAPTISM A COMMAND OR PROMISE?

Your answser was: ''Neither, to state it is a command would indicate that there is a consequence for failure to act.

Jerry, my answer to yours is:  water baptism IS a command to be obeyed, and I cite as proof Acts 10:47,48.  Please read that.  You are right in saying that if a command it "would indicate that there is a consequence for failiure to act."

Thus Holly Spirit baptism was a PROMISE TO BE RECEIVED ( MATT.3:11) and water baptism is a "COMMAND TO BE OBEYED."
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »

Now, to your answers to my 2 questions.  You wrote: "Ican and believe have answered."  Lets see if you really have.

MY  FIRST QUESTION WAS:  ''IS HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM A PROMISE OR COMMAND?"
Your answer: " Promise, because Bible says that if we believe in the Gospel of Jesus, that  God  will cleanse us of  our sin.
My answer :  True idt is a promise.  HKowever the remainder of your answerhas nothing to do with our subject of the baptism of the Holy pidrit.  Yes, Holy pirit baptism is a "promise"  AND A PROMISE CANNOT BE OBEYED."

MY SECOND QUESTION WAS: is water baptism a command or promise?

yOU ANSWERED:"Neither, to state it is is a command would indicate that there is a coknsequence for failure to act."

Hi duval and you will need to read Acts 1:4 and 5 !!

They were commanded to wait and  NOT  depart from Jerusalem , but wait for the Promise of the Father , which , ye have heard of  ME .

And   "  IF   "  here is your word  "  IF "   duval , in the Subjunctive  Mood  , of Possibility , they would be Baptized with the Holt Spirit not many days hence .

Acts 10: 47 and 48 tell us  what the answer is duval Huh

[/quote]
duval

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »

Hi Dan:
The command of Acts 1:4 is "WAIT".  Wait for what? The "PROMISE".  The promise of what? The baptism of the Holy Spirit, thats WHAT!  Vs.5.  Read your Bible.  You CANNOT OBEY A PROMISE. Jesus was to baptize with the Hloly Spirit and DID!  Matt.3:11.

Man was to baptize with water.  Can you prove other wise with the scripture??

I'll go one step further:  Holy Spirit baptism fell upon ONLY the apostles of Jesus the Christ.  Can you prove otherwise with the scripture?  That means no man incliuding you has been baptized with the Holy Spirit,  but look out for that the fire baptism!

God bless,
duval
duval

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2010, 09:47:11 PM »

Hi Dan:
The command of Acts 1:4 is "WAIT".  Wait for what? The "PROMISE".  The promise of what? The baptism of the Holy Spirit, thats WHAT!  Vs.5.  Read your Bible.  You CANNOT OBEY A PROMISE. Jesus was to baptize with the Hloly Spirit and DID!  Matt.3:11.

Man was to baptize with water.  Can you prove other wise with the scripture??

I'll go one step further:  Holy Spirit baptism fell upon ONLY the apostles of Jesus the Christ.  Can you prove otherwise with the scripture?  That means no man incliuding you has been baptized with the Holy Spirit,  but look out for "fire" baptism".

God bless,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:28 PM »

Hi Dan:
The command of Acts 1:4 is "WAIT".  Wait for what? The "PROMISE".  The promise of what? The baptism of the Holy Spirit, thats WHAT!  Vs.5.  Read your Bible.  You CANNOT OBEY A PROMISE. Jesus was to baptize with the Hloly Spirit and DID!  Matt.3:11.

Man was to baptize with water.  Can you prove other wise with the scripture??

I'll go one step further:  Holy Spirit baptism fell upon ONLY the apostles of Jesus the Christ.  Can you prove otherwise with the scripture?  That means no man incliuding you has been baptized with the Holy Spirit,  but look out for "fire" baptism".

God bless,
duval

Hi  duval`, and MISTAKE #1 , is that you always seem to leave the  OP .

#2 ,  When Cornelius was saved , he also received 10:45 , the  "  GIFT  OF THE  HOLY  SPIRIT "   are you wrong ?

#3 , Would   YOU  like  Rethink  that   one , THAT   ONLY  the  apostles , received the  "  gift of the Holy  Spirit " Huh?

And here is what you should know  , is the  "  FIRE  "   for  Jews  or Gentiles Huh

Acts 2:4 , what is the filling of the Holy Spirit Huh?

So , what is the  FIRE ,   since you say  " look out for the fire Huh

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:08:03 PM by dan p » Logged
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »

Hi Jerry

Yes, I will re do my last question which was:
IS WATER BAPTISM A COMMAND OR PROMISE?

Your answser was: ''Neither, to state it is a command would indicate that there is a consequence for failure to act.

Jerry, my answer to yours is:  water baptism IS a command to be obeyed, and I cite as proof Acts 10:47,48.  Please read that.  You are right in saying that if a command it "would indicate that there is a consequence for failiure to act."

Thus Holly Spirit baptism was a PROMISE TO BE RECEIVED ( MATT.3:11) and water baptism is a "COMMAND TO BE OBEYED."

Thank you for re-typing that one.  does help.

Ok now let me ask you something....also given conversation with Dan.

What is the consequence of not being baptized (water)?

What do you define as Holy Spirit baptism, since you seem to differentiate that from being baptized with the Holy Spirit?

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »

Hi Dan - - - I only respond to what you currently write.  If any one is off the OP it has to be you.
Cornelius did receive the gift of the Holy Spirit BUT note it was "poured" out on them.  A difference? Yes!  And will you please tell us the purpose of the Holy Spirit at Cornelius house in Acts 10,11??

I never said the apostles only received the "gift of the Holy Spirit".  I DID say the apostles were the ONLIY ones to receive the "baptism of the Holy Spirit."  The "filling of the Holy Spirit" in Acts 2:4 was part of the "baptism of the Holy Spirit" on Pentecost which ONLY the apostles received.

John the Baptist said the "chaff" would be cast into the fire, Matt.3 and that Jesus Himself will do it.  Please read and study the close of Matt.25 for that.
God bless,
duval

duval

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »

Hi Jerry:  In response to your post #68, Dec.29 2010
You asked: "what is the consequence of not being baptized (water)?"
My answer:  Hell.  Mark 16:15,16.

You asked:  "What do you define as Holy Spirit baptism, since you seem to differentiate that from being baptized with the Holy Spirit."
My answer:They are the same.  I regret if I somehow left the inference they were different.

God bless,
duval
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  5  One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  6  One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The one baptism is by the Holy Spirit of God and has nothing to do with a ritual of man with water. Not a single person has ever been saved by water baptism, works, or obedience to the law.

1 Corinthians 12:12-13 KJV  12  For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.  13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »

Hi Dan - - - I only respond to what you currently write.  If any one is off the OP it has to be you.
Cornelius did receive the gift of the Holy Spirit BUT note it was "poured" out on them.  A difference? Yes!  And will you please tell us the purpose of the Holy Spirit at Cornelius house in Acts 10,11??

Hi duval , and you were more than the 12 and any REAL  bible student would see that you are wrong , why ?

They needed to appoint another disciple to take Judas place as one of the 12 , Acts 1:15-26 .

#2 , In Acts 1:15 there were a total of 120 disciples and verse 14 , had many women , so go back and .

#3 , By the way , EKCHEO ,  is in the Greek Perfect tense ,  passive  voice and the Indicative mood of  FACT .

There 12 different types of Baptism and most are all dry and try answering nChrist on the Eph 4:5 and what does  ONE  FAITH , ONE LORD  , and  ONE  BAPTISM  mean , know that I know you believe in water baptism !!!

And you are saved , but all you did was get wet !!!   

dan p

duval

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2010, 05:46:11 PM »

Hi nChrist
I disagree witih your interpretation of the Spirit in the passages you submitted.  I DO however agree with your affirmation:"Not a single pserson has ever been saved by water baptism, works, or obedience to the law."

Respectfully,
duval
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »

Hi Jerry:  In response to your post #68, Dec.29 2010
You asked: "what is the consequence of not being baptized (water)?"
My answer:  Hell.  Mark 16:15,16.
God bless,
duval

Hi nChrist
I DO however agree with your affirmation:"Not a single pserson has ever been saved by water baptism, works, or obedience to the law."

Respectfully,
duval

Sounds to me like a person going in a circle and not getting anywhere. Not saved by water baptism yet a person goes to hell without water baptism. (Which the latter is against scripture.)

Hi nChrist
I disagree witih your interpretation of the Spirit in the passages you submitted.
Respectfully,
duval

Tell me duval, who is the spirit spoken of in 1 Corinthians 12:13?

What does 'being baptized with the Holy Spirit' entail?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the