Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How was Paul Baptized ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How was Paul Baptized ??  (Read 8263 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2010, 06:30:04 PM »

Hi to all , and if Paul was saved under the preaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom , then by that definition , Paul have to be Water Baptized !!

Acts 9:18 , say that Paul was Baptized ?

Was it Water or Dry ??

If Paul was saved by Grace , why is he Baptized ??

And if by Water , why have another Apostle ??

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »

Hi to all , and if Paul was saved under the preaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom , then by that definition , Paul have to be Water Baptized !!

Acts 9:18 , say that Paul was Baptized ?

Was it Water or Dry ??

If Paul was saved by Grace , why is he Baptized ??

And if by Water , why have another Apostle ??

Hi to all , and the is what Acts 9:17 is saying to all .

#1 , The context does not have water in it , so his  Baptism is not with water !

#2 , The text says that when Ananias put his hands on Paul two things happened to Paul .

#3 , Paul received his sight !

#4 , Paul was then  "  filled with Holy Spirit  "  power !!

#5 , In Acts 9:6 , Paul was indwelt  with the Holy Spirit as 1 Cor 12:3 reveals !

#6 , Here in Acts 9:17 , Paul is  "  FILLED WITH HOLY SPIRIT  which is different than the Indwelling and Placing us into the Body of Christ  1 Cor 12:13 .

#7 , The filling with the Holy is for Paul to fulfill his commission in Acts 9:15 and what all Christians are to strive for , the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives , for service and Maturity , 2 Tim 2:15 and Phil 1:10  to discover the things that Differ .
duval

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »

Hi Dan P

Where in scripture is it found that sins are washed in Holy Spirit baptism?

God bless,
duval
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

Duval,

Not certain exactly what you are asking...but maybe this will help.

Matthew 3:11
"As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Mark 1:8
"I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

Luke 3:16
John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Acts 1:5
for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

Acts 11:16
"And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, ' John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

now I am positive that is not all the references there are to the Holy Spirit and baptism, but that was simply doing a quick search for the phrase "Holy Spirit" and getting the verses that speak of being baptized in, or with the Holy Spirit.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »

Hi Dan P

We can conclude then that no scripture teaches sins are washed in Holy Spirit bapism, Right? 

Now, may I ask, does the scripture teach sins are washed when "filled" with the Holy Spirit?

God bless,
duval
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

Hi Dan P

We can conclude then that no scripture teaches sins are washed in Holy Spirit bapism, Right? 

Now, may I ask, does the scripture teach sins are washed when "filled" with the Holy Spirit?

God bless,
duval

Hey Duval..

I would have to say 'no you can not conclude that there is no Scripture that teaches sins are washed in Holy Spirit Baptism' as I have brought out many verses that specifically mention baptism by the Holy Spirit.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »

Hi Jerry

Many scriiptures on Holy Spirit baptism yes, BUT where is one which says your sins were washed in Holy Spirit baptism or your sins being washed when filled with the Spirit?
Best wishes,
duval
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »

Really...

There is not a verse that says that Jesus Christ baptizes either.

Really....

You do not get the correlation between baptism and washing of sins and such?

Acts 22:16 'Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'
for one.

1 John 1:7 tells us what it is that cleanses us "and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin."

And as we already know Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all one as it is.

So what are you actually missing here?

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

duval

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 07:35:40 PM »

Goodevening Jerry

You wrote:  "Really---There is not a verse that says Jesus Christ baptizes either."

Jerry I'm not sure I know what your intent is here but I'll approach it from thee angles, water,Holy Spirit and fire baptism.

First, water:  "When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and basptized more diciples than John, ( Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

Second, Holy Spirit baptism:  "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall basptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire"  Matt.4:11.  Have you ever noticed in scripture that Holy Spirit baptism is a PROMISE AND NOT A COMMAND  and a promise cannot be obeyed but a command can?  Whereas water baptism is a command!  You mentioned Acts 22:16. in reference to Paul.  Was he not told to arise and be baptized to have his sins washed away?  Wasn't that a command?  I think so.  Further he was commanded to arise and be baptized.  Since when did one in the scripture have to arise to receive Holy Spirit baptism?  Was it so in Acts 2 or 10???
Third: Fire baptism:  I don't think we need to go there in this thread.

God bless, duval

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »

Duval,

I am really not certain what circle you are trying to go around.

You are trying to say that the Holy Spirit does not wash away the sins, but yet you have also not said what supposedly does either.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

duval

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »

Hi Jerry

Excuse me if I have not made myself clear.  I am saying that no  scripture teaches our sins are washed away by Holy Spirit baptism.  I am saying that no scripture teaches our sins are washed away by being filled with the Spirit.  What I am saying is that sins are washed away at the time of water baptism, Acts 22:16.

God bless you in your study of God's Word.
duval
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »

Unfortunately many confuse that which is spiritual with that which is earthly.

1Pe 3:21  The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Joh 3:12  If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

The baptism with earthly, physical water is the putting away of the filth of the flesh. It is earthly and not spiritual washing. It is the spirit that needs cleaned not the physical body. This is exactly what Jesus was speaking of with Nicodemus and also of the parable of the cup with the Pharisees.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 05:24:46 PM »

So are we to conclude that when Peter at the household of Cornelius asked: "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized---"  Acts 10:48, it was because their flesh was dirty and they needed a bath?Huh

God bless,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »

Hi Dan P

Where in scripture is it found that sins are washed in Holy Spirit baptism?

God bless,
duval

Hi duval , and I have not seen one , or have you ?  Where did you hear that and what verse did they use ?? dan p
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »

So are we to conclude that when Peter at the household of Cornelius asked: "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized---"  Acts 10:48, it was because their flesh was dirty and they needed a bath?Huh

God bless,
duval

I never said that we are not to baptize with water nor that it is not mentioned in scripture. What I am saying is that scripture speaks of two different baptisms. One is physical and the other is spiritual. Unfortunately many confuse the two as is being seen here in this thread. The physical baptism is not the baptism that saves.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the