Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:13:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Can sins be Remitted ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can sins be Remitted ??  (Read 2642 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »

Hi to all , and there are many believers who say that Baptism is valid for today , or many that say that Baptism dos not saved ,but that we should , as Christ was baptized or that we should all follow the Lord earthly ministry .

But , in John 20:19 , we see that the  CONTEXT  is all Jewish with a commission  BEFORE  the so-called Great Commission of Matt 28:19 .

In verse 21 , "  as My  Father hath sent  Me , even so send I you .

Then in verse 22 , He breathed on them , and saith unto them , Receive ye (  THE  )  Holy Spirit .

Then in verse 23 , Whose soever sins you REMIT  they are REMITTED unto them , and whose soever sins ye RETAIN , they are Retained .

In verse 22 , the  Greek Article  (  THE )  IS ADDED  , does it make a difference Huh   I SAY IT DOES !!!

In verse 23 , the disciples are given the Power to forgive  SINS , and is that possible today Huh

How did they remit sins Huh
duval

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »

Hi Dan P

As such, no man can remit sin.  Not even the apostles.  nd believe it or not, not even the Pope.  So, what did Jesus mean in in John 20.  Your answer lies in the chapters just prior to John 20. At this time Jesus was facing the cross.  The hour was near.  The apostles would soon be without Him.  How could they carry on without Him?  In John 14:16,17 Jesus will send them the Comforter who is the Holy Spirit and will be with them forever.  In vs.26 the Comforter will teach the apostles all things Jesus said and bring them to their remembrance.  Read again for example the work of the Comforter with the apostles in chapter 15 vs. 26 .  Now please read John 16:4;  7,8.  Now read chapter 16:12-14.

Dan, these are but examples of how the apostles could remit or retain sins, by having as the Christ said the Comforter to teach and bring to their remembrance ALL things Jesus said and taught.  What they said and taught after Jesus ascended was what Jesus the Christ had said and taught.  No other way my friend, no other way.

God bless
Duval
BillyShope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:15:01 AM »

...the so-called Great Commission of Matt 28:19 .
I suppose it's okay to call it the "Great Commission," so long as we realize that the GREATER Commission is found in Second Corinthians 5:20 :

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »

Hi Billy Slope

Why is II Cor.5:10 greater than what is commonly called "the great commission"?
God bless,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »

I suppose it's okay to call it the "Great Commission," so long as we realize that the GREATER Commission is found in Second Corinthians 5:20 :

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Hi BillyShope , and you are right that the Apostles were given one and Paul has given us  2 Cor 5:20 and that is Pauline , dan p
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »

Hi Billy Slope

Why is II Cor.5:10 greater than what is commonly called "the great commission"?
God bless,
duval

Hi duval , and I know that I am cutting Billy S , but the so-called great commission was given to the 12 Apostles and 2 Cor 5:20 was given to the Body of Christ . dan p
duval

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 05:29:50 PM »

Hi Dan

I don't concur with that conclusion.  Matt.28:19-20 was given to the apostles as well as other disciples.  II Cor.5:20 to the apostles alone, they are the ambassadors, not we.

God bless, duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »

Hi Dan

I don't concur with that conclusion.  Matt.28:19-20 was given to the apostles as well as other disciples.  II Cor.5:20 to the apostles alone, they are the ambassadors, not we.

God bless, duval

Hi duval , and you do not believe the witness of the Holy Spirit in John 20: 23 that Jesus gave the Apostles the right to remit sins Huh

What kind of coolaid  have you been drinking . just kidding , but it does look BAD !!!

So , how did they REMIT  sins  , it was by Baptism , how simple !!
duval

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »

Hello Dan

Yes indeed I do believe Jn.20:23,  and I do with ALL my heart!, and yes indeed I do drink Kool=Aid, and my favorite flavar is cherry?  More questions?
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »

Hello Dan

Yes indeed I do believe Jn.20:23,  and I do with ALL my heart!, and yes indeed I do drink Kool=Aid, and my favorite flavar is cherry?  More questions?

Hi duval , and I believe in John 20:23 and the  CONTEXT  is jewish by verse 19 .

Is this for you?Huh
duval

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »

Hi Dan

No the little yellow face IS NOT mine.  I don't know how to  transfer it to my posts.  Only think I can think of is that about that time I dropped my mouse and lots of things got muddled on the screen so maybe by accident it appeared. All I know!

What I do know is that John 14,15 and 16 spoken only for the Apostles and that John 17 is realliy the Lord's prayer.  Did I leave out chapter 13?, yes, I should have included it above.

God bless you- - - duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 02:08:24 PM »

Hi Dan

No the little yellow face IS NOT mine.  I don't know how to  transfer it to my posts.  Only think I can think of is that about that time I dropped my mouse and lots of things got muddled on the screen so maybe by accident it appeared. All I know!

What I do know is that John 14,15 and 16 spoken only for the Apostles and that John 17 is realliy the Lord's prayer.  Did I leave out chapter 13?, yes, I should have included it above.

God bless you- - - duval

Hi duval , and the Gospels are part of the  OT or Old Covenant !!!
duval

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »

Hi Dan

Jesus lived and died under the OT law being the only ONE to keep it perfectly. The 4 gospel accounts (not 4 gospels) for there is but one gospel were (as it were for illustration purposes sake) the constitution for His kingdom which would come into existence shortly ( and did on the 1st Pentecost following His resiurrection ).  Jesus in the gospel accounts would saiy "ye have heard it said----"   "BUT I say unto you----." 

Dan I know what you believe about this and already know what you will say about it but BRING IT ON FOR THE Word of God I know is "quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" Heb.4:12

God bless,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »

Hi Dan

Jesus lived and died under the OT law being the only ONE to keep it perfectly. The 4 gospel accounts (not 4 gospels) for there is but one gospel were (as it were for illustration purposes sake) the constitution for His kingdom which would come into existence shortly ( and did on the 1st Pentecost following His resiurrection ).  Jesus in the gospel accounts would saiy "ye have heard it said----"   "BUT I say unto you----." 

Dan I know what you believe about this and already know what you will say about it but BRING IT ON FOR THE Word of God I know is "quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" Heb.4:12

God bless,
duval

Hi duval , and when all elses fail , do  ANALYSIS  of the  OP , DAN P
duval

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 03:30:49 PM »

Hi Dan

I'm computer ignorant.  You suggest I do a check on the OP.  What is an OP?  Again, I did not put the yellow faces on my last post either.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the