Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What is the name of this Church ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the name of this Church ?  (Read 3604 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:59:27 PM »

Hi to all , and in Acts 8:1-3 , Paul is consenting to the death of Stephen .

And in verse 3 , Saul/Paul is making Havock  of the church , entering into every house , and haling men and women committed them to prison .

And in Gal 1:13 , Paul reveals that  " in times past in the Jews religion , how that beyond measure I persecuted the Church of God and wasted it .

Since this is before Paul's salvation and before Paul wrote of the Body of Christ , or that anyone knew about the Body of Christ !!

What is the name of this Church or Assembly ??

Does this not say that there is mo0re than one Gospel ?
duval

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:35:04 AM »

Hi Dan P

I do not understand it to mean there is more than one gospel  that is certified.  Names are important and they mean something and so with the church from above.  Most names in the NT for the church will break down into the name of Christ which is the name above all.  Most frequently the word (in our English) used is "church" and Jesus said He would build His.

God bless,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »

Hi Dan P

I do not understand it to mean there is more than one gospel  that is certified.  Names are important and they mean something and so with the church from above.  Most names in the NT for the church will break down into the name of Christ which is the name above all.  Most frequently the word (in our English) used is "church" and Jesus said He would build His.

God bless,
duval

Hi duval , and the Matt 16:18 is for Israel and has nothing to do with what Paul calls the Body of Christ .

Both are called  Assemblies and one is Dispensational and the other is for the Kingdom of Heaven .
duval

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »

He Dan

Hi Dan

"the churches of Christ salute you" Rom.16:16.  If this is what they are in the plural, what are they in the singular?Huh?

God bless,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »

He Dan

Hi Dan

"the churches of Christ salute you" Rom.16:16.  If this is what they are in the plural, what are they in the singular?Huh?

God bless,
duval

Hi duval  and the answer is church !!

The real answer is  EKKLESIA  or Assembly or maybe Congregation !!
duval

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 03:20:07 PM »

Hi Dan

While it is call "church" in our English more often than any other word thats NOT all the facts.  Paul said "churches of Christ" in Rom.1616.  Again I ask since I didn't get an answer the first time, If they are "churches of Christ" in the plural  WHAT would they be in the singular?Huh?:"

Or, how about "church of God" in Acts 20:28?Huh?  Need I go on?
duval

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »

Hi Dan

I didn't put those yellow faces on my last post either -----duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »

Hi Dan

While it is call "church" in our English more often than any other word thats NOT all the facts.  Paul said "churches of Christ" in Rom.1616.  Again I ask since I didn't get an answer the first time, If they are "churches of Christ" in the plural  WHAT would they be in the singular?Huh?:"

Or, how about "church of God" in Acts 20:28?Huh?  Need I go on?

Hi duval , if all elses fails read reply #4 ,  because the Greek word is  EKKLESIA   and  EK  means from out of and LESIA  means a calling , so quit saying it means Church , and you need to get Strong's and VINES , DAN P
duval

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »

Hi Dan

I have Strongs and I have Vines and I have more than all that and I know what ekklesia means and I know as I think I have posted to you that church is used in our Engllish Blbles and that church got there from usage in Scandenavian countries and Germany.  Sir I know all that.  I know when Jesus said "will build my ----" the English Bibles use "church" and not "called out", "assembly" etc.
I KNOW ALL THAT BEFORE MEETING YOU, but dear sir, I continue to press, Rom.16:16  which would mean "the called out of Christ" or the "assemblly of Christ" and the same with Acts 20:28 except it uses the word "God" and not "Christ".

God bless,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »

Hi Dan

I have Strongs and I have Vines and I have more than all that and I know what ekklesia means and I know as I think I have posted to you that church is used in our Engllish Blbles and that church got there from usage in Scandenavian countries and Germany.  Sir I know all that.  I know when Jesus said "will build my ----" the English Bibles use "church" and not "called out", "assembly" etc.
I KNOW ALL THAT BEFORE MEETING YOU, but dear sir, I continue to press, Rom.16:16  which would mean "the called out of Christ" or the "assemblly of Christ" and the same with Acts 20:28 except it uses the word "God" and not "Christ".

God bless,
duval

Hi duval , and if you has the Greek text , then any good student of the word will see the word  EKKLESIA  is used in Rom 16:16  ,"  the Assembly of God "
  dan p
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »

Hi Dan

I didn't put those yellow faces on my last post either -----duval

If you type three question marks in a row the system automatically places the question smiley in their place.

If you don't want smiley's in your posts you can click on the 'Additional Options' below the response box and then click on the box in front of 'Don't use smileys.'

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »

Hi Mr. Rogers

Thanks for the info on smileys, I didn't know that.

God bless,
duval
duval

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »

Dan

I have the Greek text, several in fact.  The Greek text does not have "God" in Rom.16:16 but "Christ".  Check it out.

As I pointed out in a previous post I've known the meaning of "ecclesia" and its relation.  Have so for years, maybe longer than you have lived, who knows? 

Blessed assurance,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »

Dan

I have the Greek text, several in fact.  The Greek text does not have "God" in Rom.16:16 but "Christ".  Check it out.

As I pointed out in a previous post I've known the meaning of "ecclesia" and its relation.  Have so for years, maybe longer than you have lived, who knows? 

Blessed assurance,
duval

Hi duval and my KJV  has  CHRISTOS   and the Assembly is spelled  EKKLESIA and not ecclesia .

If you know that EKKLESIA  means assemby , what does Church mean Huh
duval

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

Hi Dan

In you reply # 12 you said Romans 16:16 had "God".  The text says "Christ."  My point remains in force: if in Rom.16:16 it is assemblies of Christ (plural) WHAT would the singular be??  Assembly of Christ of course.  I think BOTH of us know YOU are dodging the question.

Thinks for the spelling lesson on ekklesia.  HOWEVER if you had taken the time to note my reply #12 I DID spell the word ecclesia BEFORE spelling it with 2 cs.  Further evidence you are desperateliy trying to dodge the issue. 

I gave you a brief history on how the word "church" came in use.  That too you avoid.

God bless,

duval
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the