Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why do we have to confess sins ??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do we have to confess sins ??  (Read 3989 times)
duval

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 03:42:13 PM »

Hi Dan

So then have you torn I Jn and like passages out of you Bible??

Consistency, thou art a rare jewel,
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »

Hi Dan

So then have you torn I Jn and like passages out of you Bible??

Consistency, thou art a rare jewel,
duval

Hi duval , and this is one answer I get from those who have  NO  ANSWER  and then say things , just as you have !!!
duval

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »

Hi Dan

My response was rational and UNLIKE any answer from those in denomninations. 

I ask if you had torn I Jn out of your Bible because you obviously had not dealt with the word "if".  Still waiting

God Bless,duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »

Hi Dan

My response was rational and UNLIKE any answer from those in denomninations. 

I ask if you had torn I Jn out of your Bible because you obviously had not dealt with the word "if".  Still waiting

God Bless,duval

Hi duval , and you think that I am avoiding and answer , now I am amused , and of course I have not torn it out , 

And if you have you have STRONG'S  and VINES , you have not kept to the  OP .
duval

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 09:34:43 PM »

Hi Dan

I got on this forum but recentliy and began making posts onliy to those posts which were current.  I shall continue to do so.  I am going where you lead, but you do not seem inclined to answer some matters like questions about that word "if" in I Jn.1.  If you wish to ignore it that is your problem and thus for all practical purposes you have torn I Jn.1 from your Bible .  Seems I remember a king in the OT who with his rash pinknife cut from God's Word what didn'tt suit him.  I suspect this will at least spur you on to give some attention to it.

God bless you in your search for the truth
duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »

Hi Dan

I got on this forum but recentliy and began making posts onliy to those posts which were current.  I shall continue to do so.  I am going where you lead, but you do not seem inclined to answer some matters like questions about that word "if" in I Jn.1.  If you wish to ignore it that is your problem and thus for all practical purposes you have torn I Jn.1 from your Bible .  Seems I remember a king in the OT who with his rash pinknife cut from God's Word what didn'tt suit him.  I suspect this will at least spur you on to give some attention to it.

God bless you in your search for the truth
duval

Hi duval and I have answered  it , but is is probably on another page , and the word  " if , might  , maybe  "  describe Possibilities  , THAT MIGHT HAPPEN  , like the Subjunctive Mood of Possibilities ,  dan p

If you want answers n, then stick to the  OP , OR START  your own  OP .   You are the one asking question , but will it  SPUR  you on to real learning  ??
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:07:15 PM by dan p » Logged
duval

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »

My friend I'm simply following what you currently write.

God bless
freelygive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 06:29:47 PM »

Hi to all , and many believers say and quote 1  John 1:9 , if we confess our sins , He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins , and cleanse us  FROM  all unrighteousness .

It does not say "if we confess each and all of our sins daily". John is talking about believing on Jesus alone to be saved, not of working your way to salvation by confessing each and all of our sins. Because you're a sinner, you'll die and go to hell. But if you acknowledge that you're a sinner and don't deserve it on your own merits to go to heaven, but believe on Jesus and on Jesus alone to be saved, you'll go to heaven.
duval

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »

Hello Dan

Still waiting for you to handle what the beloved apostle John said about "if" and "sin" and "deceive"" and the "truth" not in us and making God a "liar" in I Jn.1:7-10.  I cannot allow you to change the subject and walk away from the issue.

And while we are at it, what about John's statement in I Jn.2:1: "- - - -if any man sin,- - -"  ?  Please inform.
Above all,
God loves you - - -duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 05:59:14 PM »

Hello Dan

Still waiting for you to handle what the beloved apostle John said about "if" and "sin" and "deceive"" and the "truth" not in us and making God a "liar" in I Jn.1:7-10.  I cannot allow you to change the subject and walk away from the issue.

And while we are at it, what about John's statement in I Jn.2:1: "- - - -if any man sin,- - -"  ?  Please inform.
Above all,
God loves you - - -duval

Hi duval , and  " IF  , MAYBE ,  OR MIGHT  is used it is in the Subjunctive Mood of Possibilities , doe not mean that that person will do that action !!

Very simple to understand !!

The other question , like Col 2:13 ,  "   having forgiven you  ALL  trespasses ." 

Does  ALL  here mean  ALL Huh

All of Hebrews thru Revelation are all written to the New Covenant Jews !!!

duval

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »

Hi Dan
The beloved apostle John by inspiration of the Holy Spirit still says: "if we say we have no sin we deceive our selves and the truth is not in us."  The NT being true and God cannot lie (Tit.1:3) convicts you!

John also wrote: "if any man sin".  If as teach the Christian cannot sin, John, and God and the Holy Spirit thru John wasted tilme in so writing and I for one do not believe they waste time nor  do I believe They teach false doctrine!!  Please face the issue of this thread which you started.

God bless- - - -duval
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »

Hi Dan
The beloved apostle John by inspiration of the Holy Spirit still says: "if we say we have no sin we deceive our selves and the truth is not in us."  The NT being true and God cannot lie (Tit.1:3) convicts you!

John also wrote: "if any man sin".  If as teach the Christian cannot sin, John, and God and the Holy Spirit thru John wasted tilme in so writing and I for one do not believe they waste time nor  do I believe They teach false doctrine!!  Please face the issue of this thread which you started.

God bless- - - -duval

Hi duval , and the quandary that you have is that Christ died for sins  ONCE  for sins and did not die many times like the RCC  say !

I never said that we do not sin !!

Hebrews 9:26  , "  but now    ONCE  , ONCE  , ONCE  ,  in the end of the world hath He appeared to put away   SIN  by the Sacrifice of Himself  .

I do not believe in  SINLESS  PERFECTION , AT ALL .

"  SIN  "  is singular and refers to the  "  ROOT "  of sin nature which we inherit  from  Adam .    "  SINS "   is plural and  REFERS  to the Results of sin , and this bis mentioned in verse 28 as the  MESSIAH  bearing the  SINS  of many .

So , the whole  sin  problem has been taken care of  FOREVER BY HIS  SACRIFICE ON THE CROSS .

Therefore , when the Gospel of the Grace of God is  PROCLAIMED  , it becomes  "  the Son problem "  instead of a  " sin problem "  for unbelievers  TODAY .

And read , but you are the ONE  who needs to understand that there is a difference for  ALL  SIN  being  FORGIVEN  and out relationship between the New Nature and the Old Nature that we  ALL  still have , until the Bema Seat .
duval

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »

Dan you may talk on and on but I Jn.1 and 2 remains in your Bible.  Yet you have made wonderful progress in that you admit that you DO sin.  Now, from those same passages above you must learn there is something you must DO for their cleansing.

God bless you in your study,
duval
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the