Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Christian TV Network Refuses to Ask Viewers for Donations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Christian TV Network Refuses to Ask Viewers for Donations  (Read 1498 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »

New Christian TV Network Refuses to Ask Viewers for Donations, Solicit Paid Subscribers, or Air Fundraising Telethons

by Staff
July 5, 2010

MEDIA ADVISORY, (christiansunite.com) -- DoersTV.com, a new 21-Channel Christian internet television network, has made an unusual decision for a Christian television network. They have decided not to use the fundraising strategies of soliciting viewers for donations, monthly subscriptions, or airing fundraising telethons implored by most Christian TV Networks. They believe those who are presented with the Gospel should receive it free from solicitations.

"I truly believe, as disciples of Jesus Christ, all Christians (especially those in the media) have a responsibility to present the Gospel without cost," Pastor David Wright, CEO of DoersTV.com, said recently. "When Jesus laid the principle of freely you have received, freely you give; I believe He meant it. Everyone should be able to receive the Gospel free of charge. I do realize that there are major expenses involved in running a television network and bills must be paid, however, we must find creative ways to raise these funds without selling the Gospel."

DoersTV.com is not just free for viewers, but also for certain Christian ministries; such as churches and Christian Filmmakers. These organizations see DoersTV.com as a promise land alternative to the expensive broadcasting fees charged by other Christian TV Networks. "God has given me the talent to produce films, but without a way to share it that content is useless," Marty Jean-Louis, founder of My Christian Films, said recently. "DoersTV.com has given me, and many others, a pathway to share the Gospel and our talent with the world."

With a mandate to not solicit money from its viewing audience and to keep the network operating, DoersTV.com has come up with a few creative fundraising strategies. One such strategy is the Christian Shopping Channel (CSC), which many are starting to call the "Christian QVC". The revenue generated from CSC helps DoersTV.com to accomplish its mandate.

Will DoersTV.com hold true to its mandate of refusing to use the normal Christian TV methods of soliciting viewers for donations, monthly subscriptions, and airing fundraising telethons? Only time will tell. But it is a refreshing concept that is worth keeping an eye on.

DoersTV.com is a free Christian TV Network with a mission to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ through internet TV programming, emphasizing safe family values for communities and Christians worldwide.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion09460.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2009 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »

"I truly believe, as disciples of Jesus Christ, all Christians (especially those in the media) have a responsibility to present the Gospel without cost," Pastor David Wright, CEO of DoersTV.com, said recently. "When Jesus laid the principle of freely you have received, freely you give; I believe He meant it. Everyone should be able to receive the Gospel free of charge."

AMEN!!

This is how I feel about the Word. Anybody, and anyone should be able to learn the Gospel, because Jesus made it free.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:55:48 PM »

I'll have to check out site

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:47:27 AM »

This is so good to read. Often the words I hear on many Christian TV stations are not the word of God and so many people are blighted and por hundreds into them.

G

God = love
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »

This is so good to read. Often the words I hear on many Christian TV stations are not the word of God and so many people are blighted and por hundreds into them.

G

Hello Gaurav,

It's nice to hear from you. We are living in the days of itching ears, and things are looking a lot like the last days of this Age of Grace.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 11:1-3 ASV  1  Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen. 2 For therein the elders had witness borne to them. 3 By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen hath not been made out of things which appear.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the