Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35924 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

— Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Children don't need to be taught; they need to be trained. Life is not just about intellectual lessons and information. It is about integrating truth into the fabric of our daily lives. God calls us to move our children and their training up on the list of our priorities because our children are forever, while most of the other things we invest our time in are temporary.

My Prayer...

Great and Holy Counselor, help me as I seek to know the best thing to do with my children to share your love and your truth with them. I want them to know and love you more perfectly than I do. Give me wisdom and courage to make wise decisions and the tenderness to implement them in my family's life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »

Psalm 119:64
The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

— Psalm 119:64 (NIV)

Sometimes we get so caught up in the wonders of God's creation and the marvelous blessings of his grace that we forget to ask him to teach us his truth. Let's not only worship him in awe for his majestic creation, but let's also worship him by learning his will and seeking to live it in our daily lives.

My Prayer...

Holy and Precious Father, teach me your truth. Lead me to your will. Guide me in your wisdom. I want my life and my choices to be a reflection of your plan for me when you made me new in my mother's womb. In the name of Jesus I ask these things. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 02:30:23 PM »

Isaiah 48:17
This is what the Lord says -- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

— Isaiah 48:17 (NIV)

I sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day to guide me as I make my way through this world, like the Israelites had during their wilderness wanderings. But I am reminded of God's abiding presence in the Spirit and his promise to never forsake me. I believe that if I seek his glory he will get me where I need to be to do his will and bless me in the ways that most benefit me in this life and the next.

My Prayer...

O heavenly Father, guide me to the places you want me to be, to the ministries in which you want me to serve, and to the people you most want me to touch. Capture my heart to do your work and never let me lose sight of your coming glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »

2 Timothy 1:13-14
What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you -- guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

— 2 Timothy 1:13-14 (NIV)

We live in a world of keys, locks, alarms, and security systems. Paul's words shouldn't come as a surprise to us. We protect the things that are most valuable to us. What is more precious to us than the truth of God's saving grace in the Gospel? Thankfully, God has pre-wired all of us with a security system to help protect that incredibly precious hope. This security system lives in us. It is the Holy Spirit.

My Prayer...

Help me, O God, to not compromise your truth to legalism or license. I want to live, and show others how to live, a holy life. I want to share your grace and mercy with them. But most of all Father, I want them to join with me in welcoming Jesus when he returns. Please empower me by your Spirit to see through falsehood and error so I can protect and live your truth. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »

Matthew 28:18-20
[Jesus said,] "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

— Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)

Last words! The last words of a parent to a child leaving for college ... The last words of a loved one at the bedside of someone dying ... The last words of a friend before moving to a distant place ... These last words are chosen with care because they leave a lasting impact. Jesus' last words are our marching orders. "Go make disciples of all peoples!" To do this, he emphasized, "you must go where they are, baptize them, and then teach them to do what I taught you to do." The words are not hard to understand, so what are we doing about obeying those last commands?

My Prayer...

Father from whom all peoples derive their hope, use your Spirit to rouse within me a passion to share your grace with others. Nudge me out of my safety zone and call me into your empowering and sacrificial grace so that I can help others come to know you. In the saving name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

— John 14:23 (NIV)

At many Christian funerals, the preacher emphasizes how Jesus has left to make a place ready for us to join him in heaven. Then he is going to come back for us. But just a few verses later, Jesus adds this promise. He's telling us that until we can come be with him at his place, he will come live with us here in our hearts. It all hinges on one thing -- our willingness to obey him. Not a bad deal, is it? So let's not let obedience be a forgotten word in our lifestyle!

My Prayer...

Holy God, I know Jesus came to earth and obeyed your will. Give me discernment so that my obedience will not simply be the obedience of your words, but a longing to live according to your will. I long to honor you because you have done so much to save me. Thank you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »

Colossians 1:28
We proclaim him [Jesus], admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we present everyone perfect in Christ.

— Colossians 1:28 (NIV)

Our goal as Christians is not to obey some law, to adhere to some set of rules, or even be followers of some discipline. Our goal as Christians is to be conformed to the character and ministry of Jesus. This is the Spirit's work in us (2 Corinthians 3:18 ) as Paul makes clear here and in other places (Galatians 4:19), this is his goal in working with others. Shouldn't this be our work as parents, friends, and spiritual mentors, too?

My Prayer...

Holy Lord, conform my heart, my words, my life, my ministry, and my actions to those of Jesus. I want him to be my Lord, not just in my words but also in my life. In Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2010, 02:22:27 PM »

Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

— Psalm 143:10 (NIV)

We want the Spirit to be at work in us to make us like Jesus. For this to happen, we must open our hearts to the will of God. There are no greater words God wants to hear than "teach me to do your will." That is what it means for him to be God, to have control over our lives and our wills.

My Prayer...

Almighty God, I want you to truly be God in my life. I renounce any attempt on my part to try to manipulate or use your grace and kindness for my benefit. I submit my will to yours. But Holy Father, I confess that I struggle at times with my own selfish and evil desires that lead me astray. Please forgive me when my heart is cold and my ears are deaf to your will. Please, take control of my life today. Through Jesus my Lord, and in his name, I ask you to assert your will as God in my life. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »

Titus 2:2
Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love, and in endurance.

— Titus 2:2 (NIV)

Worthy of respect! What a goal for our lives whether we are men or women! Don't you want your life to reflect the character of God because our faith expresses itself in a life of self-control and godliness? This work of the Spirit in our lives happens only as we dedicate ourselves to being what he is at work trying to accomplish in us.

My Prayer...

Father, please strengthen me through your Spirit so that I may gain better control of my passions, my speech, my example, and my habits. Help me put to death the things that would rob me of my spiritual passion and my influence for good to those who do not know Jesus. Make my faith stronger as I try to lovingly treat others and persevere in faith through difficult times. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2010, 11:53:36 AM »

Isaiah 46:4
[The Lord says,] "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

— Isaiah 46:4 (NIV)

God will not forget us when we're in trouble or when we are old. We may outlive our friends and be forgotten by those who know us, but God will never leave us or forsake us. He will sustain, carry, protect, and rescue us.

My Prayer...

Thank you, my Father, for promising to never forget me. Because of your faithfulness to your children of old, I know I can trust your promise to never leave me. I trust that no matter where I am or where I go, you will go with me. In Jesus' name I offer my heartfelt thanks. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 01:58:07 PM »

Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

— Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV)

In a world of startling beauty and a universe of dazzling diversity, our hearts are to be drawn back to the One who made it and now sustains it. He knows us and will help us if we will but believe what he has tried so many ways to say: "I love you as my child and I deeply care what happens to you and those you love."

My Prayer...

Almighty Creator, Majestic Architect and Eternal Engineer, it absolutely bewilders and delights me to know that you care for me. With all the things of such vast importance, I find your desire to know and love me humbling and assuring. Today I will worship, work, and witness, aware of your presence and care. Thank you, dear Father, in Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice!

— Philippians 4:4 (NIV)

Joy is found in the Lord, not in things. Joy is found in knowing that he always accompanies, sustains, helps, protects, and upholds me. How can I not rejoice? God loves me so much that he emptied heaven of his greatest treasure so that I could join him in glory. Joy is mine because of his grace.

My Prayer...

Precious Father, thank you for always being there and knowing what is on my heart and caring for me in ways that I cannot even imagine. I long to know you face to face and share in the unbridled joy of heaven with you. Until then, I truly rejoice because I know my future is in your hands! Thank you in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »

1 Peter 3:8
Live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

— 1 Peter 3:8 (NIV)

Unity and harmony are no accident! They happen because of intention and submission. But more than just states of being, they are commanded by God. How do we have unity and harmony? Peter reminds we must have three commitments in our "church" lifestyle -- 1) actively share the sorrows and concerns of those who grieve; 2) love each other just like a healthy family loves and values each member; and 3) show compassion rather than arrogance as we deal with the failures of others that hurt us, recognizing that we are vulnerable to sinning and hurting those we love, too.

My Prayer...

Father, I confess that I have let my own over-sensitive self be wounded and have reacted with pettiness when my brothers and sisters in Christ have not treated me as I felt I deserved. I know Jesus was treated so rudely and shamefully by those he created and so I shouldn't be surprised when things don't always go well for me. But Father, please help me to know when to challenge those who wound me with a loving confrontation and when to just ignore the barb and find a way to minister to them because of some deeper wound has crippled them in their life. Father, let me be an instrument of your peace, harmony, grace, and unity. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2010, 11:52:13 AM »

Philippians 2:1-2
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

— Philippians 2:1-2 (NIV)

Our call to sacrificially submit ourselves to others does not begin with our sacrifice, but with God's blessings. The actual grammatical construction of this statement is more accurately translated by changing each "if" to "since"! We are called to unity in spirit and purpose after having received all these blessings from being in Jesus! We are encouraged by being united with Christ. We are comforted by his love. We do share in fellowship with the Holy Spirit. We have received tenderness and compassion. So how can we not share those with our Christian family and find a way to live together in his Kingdom in harmony?

My Prayer...

Holy and righteous Father, you have blessed me so richly in Jesus. Open my eyes to see how those around me in my spiritual family need to receive those same blessings from me. In the name of Jesus, and because of the grace he has lavished upon me, I pray with thanksgiving in my heart. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 01:58:59 PM »

1 John 4:16
We know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

— 1 John 4:16 (NIV)

How do you know God is at home in your heart? You know when you are doing loving things to bless the lives of others! Just as we trust and rely on God's constant love for us, our brothers and sisters in Christ need love demonstrated to them, too!

My Prayer...

Loving God and Almighty Father, fill me with your Spirit so I can be more loving to my family, my friends, and those whom you place in my path so they can learn about Jesus and his love. In the name of my gracious Savior I pray. Amen.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the