Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35851 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: June 06, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

— Matthew 6:6 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Prayer is an incredible invitation from God to share with him what is on our hearts. Even when we don't have words to say, he helps us through his Spirit in those moments. This incredibly intimate conversation, sustained by the very precious Spirit of God within us, must never be debased by crass showmanship or pride. Prayer is not done to prove our piety, but to deepen our relationship with Almighty God!

My Prayer...

Abba Father, thank you so much for the incredible gift of prayer. Thank you for listening to both my words and my heart. Thank you for being near and not far off. Forgive me when I don't call upon you as often as I should, or when I take your gracious listening ear for granted. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 07, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

— Galatians 6:7 (NIV)

We're not going to fool God. While we might put up a facade for others, God knows our hearts. So, if we spend our wealth, time, and interest in other things and give God the crumbs, we need to know that we are not going to reap a bounteous spiritual harvest.

My Prayer...

O LORD God Almighty, who sees all things and knows all hearts, please give me wisdom to see the important things I need to invest myself in, and help me see those things I must avoid because of their entanglements. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 08, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

Genesis 6:8
But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

— Genesis 6:8 (NIV)

Reminds me of what God told Jesus at his baptism -- "... in you I am well pleased!" Even in the middle of a culture steeped in sin in Noah's time, God could find the one heart loyal to him and use him and his family to be a blessing and provide the world a future. May we each be such a person in our day, in our job, in our school, in our neighborhood. Can you imagine the difference it would ultimately make if each of us decided to be a Noah?

My Prayer...

Loving Shepherd and Holy God, please bless me as I seek to passionately live a life that pleases you and brings you joy. Please use me and my church family to make a difference in the world. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 09, 2012, 05:59:57 PM »

1 Timothy 6:9
People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.

— 1 Timothy 6:9 (NIV)

This is not a message for folks who are financially rich. No, this is for all of us who want to have that wealth. Craving it, coveting it, and going in pursuit of earthly wealth expose us to grave danger. Let's be reminded of Jesus' words: "Seek first God's Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."

My Prayer...

Thank you, dear Father, for your many blessings. Please help me to be satisfied and generous with the blessings you have already given me. Please help me keep my focus on you and your Son! In the name of your Son and my Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 10, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »

Galatians 6:10
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

— Galatians 6:10 (NIV)

We are to be a people who do good deeds. That's a very significant part of who we are as Jesus' followers. So let's look for the many opportunities that God places in our paths to bless others. Let's use all of these blessings to bring God glory!

My Prayer...

Almighty LORD, please give me the eyes to see and the heart to be touched by those around me who need to see your goodness and grace through my compassion and concern. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 11, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »

Romans 6:11
In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

— Romans 6:11 (NIV)

Just as Jesus died to sin, we also died to sin. But, simply putting aside sin isn't going to keep sin away from us. We must embrace Jesus' new life for us every day, with our hearts open to the Lord's exciting will for us. Let's let what is dead remain buried and in the past. Let's live passionately for God with our eyes focused on Jesus and his future for us.

My Prayer...

Sovereign Lord and Loving Father, I want the past life of sin to remain buried and dead. Please empower me to vibrant life that is full of your Spirit and always open to your leading. Please make your presence and your will plain to me. In Jesus' name I ask it. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 12, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

— Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)

This is war! We face a daily battle and it is not just with sin and temptation. We have a real foe whose desire for us is our destruction. But, our foe has already been defeated and his angels stand rebuked. So, let's keep our spiritual vigor knowing that we're not playing church but fighting for the Kingdom.

My Prayer...

Almighty and Victorious King, I praise you for conquering sin and death and law for us, and making us righteous and sinless by your grace. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 13, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »

Ephesians 6:13
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

— Ephesians 6:13 (NIV)

Since we are in a spiritual war, we must put on spiritual armor. More than saying our daily prayers and perfunctorily reading our daily Scriptures, we must learn to recognize the spiritual armor God has given us for our spiritual protection and prepare ourselves for spiritual warfare. We should approach each day, each task, each Scripture, with a sense of urgency because we know we are at war. The day of evil will come, so let's be ready to take our stand using the tools God has supplied and the power he provides.

My Prayer...

Dear Father in Heaven, please empower me by your Holy Spirit, please make me bold because of your heavenly calling for me, and please inspire me to be spiritually courageous because of the example of Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 14, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »

Galatians 6:14
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

— Galatians 6:14 (NIV)

Do you have a basis for pride? What is your source of that pride? Paul reminds us that our one, true, and dependable source of boasting is boasting in what the Lord has done for us on the Cross. This one source of boasting has absolutely nothing to do with anything that we have done, attained, or accomplished on our own. All other reasons to boast are fleeting glimpses at hollow fame compared to the joy and assurance of sharing in Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

My Prayer...

Forgive me, O Abba Father, for the times I have thought myself important because of some transitory accomplishment. Thank you for giving me a bedrock source of boasting in Jesus' love and grace demonstrated in the Cross. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 16, 2012, 06:26:23 PM »

Galatians 6:16
... what counts is a new creation. Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God.

— Galatians 6:16 (NIV)

Paul ends his breathtaking letter to Galatians with this incredible reminder: both Jews and Gentiles who are justified by faith in Jesus Christ are God's people, his Israel. Like Abraham who left on a long journey trusting in God's promise, so also all who are spiritual Israel follow God's lead and cling to God's promise through faith in Jesus Christ. Like those who were delivered in the Exodus by the power of God and with the sprinkled blood of the Passover lamb, God's people today have been blood-bought and delivered from their bondage to sin and death. Here there is neither Jew nor Gentile, slave nor free, male nor female, because in Israel, we are God's people and the recipients of his mercy and his peace.

My Prayer...

El Shaddai, LORD of the Covenant, thank you for our great Patriarchs of faith who kept the faith and trusted in your Promise. Thank you for fulfilling your Promise in Jesus. Thank you for blessing me and including me as one of your children. Now may we, your people, bring you praise, in the name of Jesus our Lord. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 16, 2012, 06:27:14 PM »

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

— Matthew 6:15 (NIV)

Can you think of a more frightening thought than God not forgiving our sins? We know how much he paid so our sins could be forgiven! We know how much he loves us! We know how much he wants us to be in relationship with him! So why would he withhold his forgiveness? Because we demonstrate that we have not received it or do not understand it! God is gracious and he will not accept those who are not gracious!

My Prayer...

Holy God, there are those that I do find it difficult to forgive. Please, right now while I'm praying, soften my heart by your Spirit, cleanse my soul of any bitterness or resentment, and please empower me to let go of the pain of the past and forgive. I thank you for this grace to not only be forgiven, but to also forgive. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2012, 05:00:53 PM »

Romans 6:17
But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted.

— Romans 6:17 (NIV)

Paul stresses in Romans 6 that obedience to the will of God does not mean we are being manipulated or put under a bunch of arbitrary rules or formal laws. No, obedience of our grace-filled God is liberation -- liberation from the bondage of sin and the certainty of death, liberation from the haunting memories of sin and its effects, as well as liberation to be the people we were created to be!

My Prayer...

Heavenly Father, my head understands that being obedient to your will is a blessing and not a restriction. I know you have given me your truth to protect and save me. Forgive me for sometimes doubting and looking elsewhere for the joy and delight that only you provide. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 18, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »

2 Chronicles 6:18
"But will God really dwell on earth with men? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!"

— 2 Chronicles 6:18 (NIV)

As Solomon dedicated the Temple, he realized that this tremendous accomplishment of great beauty was far too insignificant and small to house the Creator of the Universe. But, God did choose to dwell with mortals. That is what the life of Jesus is about (John 1:11-18 ). God is awesome and beyond description, far too holy to be expected to associate with flawed human beings. As God, however, he has chosen to love us and come and live with us so we can return to him and share in his glory.

My Prayer...

Almighty God and Sovereign Father, you are more magnificent than my words can describe and more gracious than my heart can fully grasp. Thank you for your glory that is beyond human comprehension and your grace that bridges the awesome distance between us. Thank you, dear Father, for being God. In Jesus' name I praise. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 19, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

Yesterday, we were reminded of Solomon's great dedication speech of the Temple in the Old Testament. Incredibly, Paul asserts that God has taken up his dwelling inside of us through his Spirit, just as majestically as he took up his dwelling in the Jerusalem Temple. Our acceptability to God as his holy dwelling came at a great price to him -- the death of his Son! How can we refuse to honor his holy presence in us? How can we not live a holy life in response to his grace?

My Prayer...

Forgive me, dear Father, for the times that I have lost sight of the wonder of your presence within me. The gift of your Spirit is a dazzling and humbling grace. Once again, Father, I pledge to present my body as a living sacrifice to please and honor you as your Temple. At the same time, I acknowledge that I need the presence and power of your Holy Spirit to please and honor you as your holy child. Lead me, cleanse me, purify me, and make me like Jesus by your Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 20, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »

Matthew 6:20
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

— Matthew 6:20 (NIV)

Where's your treasure? What are you doing to invest in long term security? Why not make sure your most important investments are guaranteed a great return!

My Prayer...

Abba Father, I know that the only true security I can ever have is in you. Please give me wisdom as I seek to use my time, my talents, and my treasure to honor you and bring others to you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the