Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35862 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 07, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him [God] because he cares for you.

— 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Isn't it absolutely incredible that the God who made the universe cares about us and our needs, hurts, and fears! So let's trust that he will do what is best for us and show it by living for him!

My Prayer...

Loving Father and Almighty God, I consciously place all of my anxieties, worries, cares, and frustrations in your hands. I will do my best to not dwell on them and trust that you will do what is best for me and those I love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 08, 2012, 05:18:49 PM »

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

— Romans 5:8 (NIV)

God didn't wait till we were "good enough" to bring us his salvation. Instead, he came when we were most lost and needed his grace the most. But then, that's what love really means by God's definition. It's more than something declared or felt, it's something radically demonstrated.

My Prayer...

Holy and loving Father, thank you for demonstrating your love in such powerful and sacrificial fashion. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 09, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

— 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 (NIV)

God didn't save us to condemn us. No, he saved us so we could come home to him and enjoy his gracious presence for eternity. God wants us in his presence; that's what salvation is all about! He is not about to let anything keep us from that presence when our hearts belong to him!

My Prayer...

Loving Father, thank you for the confidence I have in Jesus! I know that whether I live till Jesus comes or if I were to die this day, I can have confidence that my future is with you because it is tied to Jesus' victory over death. Thank you for giving me a home with you as my ultimate future. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 10, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »

Ecclesiastes 5:10
Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.

— Ecclesiastes 5:10 (NIV)

We have examples of those who used their wealth wisely and who generously blessed others and honored God in the process -- e.g., Barnabas in Acts 4, see also 2 Cor. 8-9 & 1 Tim. 6:17-18. But, the New Testament repeatedly warns us about our desire for wealth. Unrestrained, this desire can become our god and lead us to ruin (1 Tim. 6:9-10). It can become full-fledged idolatry (Col. 3:5). Chasing after wealth is just another vain attempt to make life meaningful. In the last two verses of Ecclesiastes, the Wise Man reveals where true meaning is found and explains what Paul means when he says, "Godliness with contentment is great wealth." (1 Tim. 6:6).

My Prayer...

Almighty and generous Father, thank you for blessing me so richly. Please fill my heart with your generosity so that I can be a conduit of blessing to those in need around me. Guard my heart from greed, selfishness, and envy so that I may receive your gifts with thanks and share them with joy. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 11, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »

Psalm 5:11
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

— Psalm 5:11 (NIV)

Our hope is in the LORD! He is the basis of our security and the reason for our joyful songs! He is our protection and hope! He is the reason we rejoice!

My Prayer...

Praise you, magnificent God and loving Father, for your merciful kindness, your awesome holiness, your rich forgiveness, and your never-ending love. I find my hope and protection in you. You are my hope for the future. In your name, and in the name of your Son Jesus, I rejoice and offer praise. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 12, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »

1 Thessalonians 5:12
Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you.

— 1 Thessalonians 5:12 (NIV)

What are you doing to bless the lives of your spiritual leaders? Do you pray daily for them? Do you send them notes of encouragement? Do you thank them for their loving attention? Do you respond to their rebukes and take heart in their affirmations? Leaders don't need to be followed blindly, but often they get no support for their efforts. Let's make their work a blessing and not a burden! (Hebrews 13:17)

My Prayer...

Almighty God, the Great Leader of Israel, thank you for our spiritual leaders. Bless their families with faithfulness, their lives with health, their influence with Godly impact, and their leadership with willing followers. May you, dear God, be praised and glorified by the unity of your people. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 13, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »

1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

— 1 John 5:13 (NIV)

Yes, we can KNOW! Don't settle for less!! Confidence is so crucial that God sent his Son to die and be raised so we could know that life is our destination, not just our journey. While that life is experienced now, it is only a hint, a foretaste, of what lies ahead in our future with the Lord.

My Prayer...

Thank you, heavenly Father, for your plan of salvation and the cost you paid to make it happen. Thank you that I can now have confidence in my future with you as your child. Thank you for heaven, for hope, and for my home with you. To you belong all the glory and praise, and in your name, Lord Jesus, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 15, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »

Ephesians 5:15
Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

— Ephesians 5:15 (NIV)

Living with urgency doesn't mean living recklessly. It means living with a holy abandon to honor God and with a holy passion to make each moment count for righteousness. That means we must be intentional about our choices, taking care that we use our moments wisely as we live a life of character different from the world around us because we are dedicated to Jesus.

My Prayer...

Fill me with wisdom, O God, that I may honor you with my choices and use of time today and everyday. Protect me from the deceptive influences of the evil one and grant me a holy and productive use of the time you bless me with each day. In the name of Jesus my Lord, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 15, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »

Amos 5:14
Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.

— Amos 5:14 (NIV)

Many illicit and evil groups have claimed to have God on their side. Horrific things have been done under the disguise of a "Christian" movement. Jesus, however, told us we could recognize people by their fruit. Those who seek good and abhor evil and those who practice justice and mercy are the ones who have God with them. Let's make sure our claim of God's presence is matched by the presence of God's character in our lives!

My Prayer...

Almighty God and loving Father, thank you for your presence in my life. Please forgive me when I let sin and selfishness crowd you out and bring reproach to your name. Empower me with your Holy Spirit to live as your holy child while displaying your righteous character to the world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 16, 2012, 06:01:12 PM »

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

— Matthew 5:16 (NIV)

As Christians, we are not called to isolate ourselves from culture. We are not called to be hermits or monks. Instead, we are to recognize that we are in a world of darkness and live as light -- not as little candles tucked away in some inner bedroom, but as candles set on their stands so all can see their light or cities on a hill that can't be hidden. Of course, our goal is not to call attention to ourselves, but to help others see the glorious grace of our Father.

My Prayer...

Dear Heavenly Father, may my life bless others today, and everyday, so they can see you and your love more clearly. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 17, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

— 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)

"New and Improved!" That should be stamped across the forehead of every Christian! When we come to Christ, he makes us new and he cleanses us of all our sins. Incredibly, this grace can be "new every morning" because of God's faithfulness and transforming power. God's grace and power are given to us through his Holy Spirit. We are new and improved, and will continue to be that way until we are completely transformed to be like Jesus! (See 2 Corinthians 3:18)

My Prayer...

Holy Father, have your way with my heart, my will, my life, and my time. I want to yield myself to you so that you can make me new and improved. I don't want to be satisfied with where you have brought me. No, dear Father, I want to become more like Jesus today, and each day of my life that follows. Thank you for your empowering grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 19, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »

Mark 5:19
Jesus did not let him [the man from whom he had cast out demons] come with him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."

— Mark 5:19 (NIV)

This man has been given back his life, ransomed from the power of Satan and the grave. How will he use it? Simple. He will go tell those in his family what the Lord has done for him. Isn't that what we need to be doing with the unbelievers in our families?

My Prayer...

Father, bless me as I seek to share my faith and your salvation with those in my family who have not yet called on Jesus as Lord and have not yet surrendered their lives to him. Help me not to push them farther away, but instead help them see all the ways you have blessed my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:20 PM »

Luke 5:18
Some men came carrying a paralytic on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus.

— Luke 5:18 (NIV)

What is the fullest definition of a friend? The Bible offers us numerous definitions and examples. One of my favorite examples is this story of the paralyzed man whose friends went to great extremes to get him to Jesus. Their faith and their effort to get him to Jesus are the things that ultimately result in the man's forgiveness and healing. I don't know about you, but that's the kind of friend I want to be!

My Prayer...

Holy Father, please bless me as I try to lead ___ (put the name of several non-Christian friends here) to forgiveness and healing in Jesus. Give me the tenacity and tact to do this with gentleness and respect without losing my sense of urgency to see them become Christians. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 20, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »

James 5:20

Remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

— James 5:20 (NIV)

When someone wanders from the path of God, let's not take that rebellion frivolously. God has given us the tremendous blessing of carrying on the work of our Savior, who came to seek and save the lost!

My Prayer...

Be with those I love who are in rebellion against you, dear Father. Use me to be your agent of restoration. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:07 PM »

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

— Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)

Where the Holy Spirit lives, human character is changed and spiritual fruit can be seen. Certainly this maturity isn't found overnight! It is, however, noticeable over the long haul of life. What fruit is the Spirit bearing in your life? In what ways have you matured? In what areas do you want the Spirit to exercise greater control? Why not take a moment and consciously yield those areas in which you struggle to him now, as you pray?

My Prayer...

Almighty and ever-present Father, thank you for empowering positive changes in my life as I seek to be more like Jesus. Please bring to full maturity the fruit the Holy Spirit is growing in my life. You know very well that I continue to struggle within my life. I intentionally turn over that part of my life to your Spirit to redeem and fully sanctify. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the