Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35708 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »

James 1:22
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

— James 1:22 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

What we know and what we believe are not all that significant if they do not show up in the way we live our daily lives. Pure and simple, faith not lived out in everyday life is not faith; it is facade. Just as Jesus had told us to put into practice what we have learned from him, his brother James reminds us the same thing: when we learn the truth of God's word, there is only one thing left for us to do -- put it into practice!

My Prayer...

Holy God, help me put into practice what I know is your will and your truth today. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »

1 Samuel 16:7
The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

— 1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)

Have you ever wondered how many potentially good friends you may have lost simply by judging them on your first impression of them? I'm amazed at how the first impression very seldom tells us much of substance about another person. We're not really going to be able to evaluate people properly until the Lord reveals at judgment what is really in their hearts. Don't you think that we should give them time to reveal what is in their hearts before we make a decision about them?! Let's don't just look on the outward appearance!

My Prayer...

Father, you alone know each heart. Please help me be more patient with others before forming an opinion about them. Please give me eyes to see them as Jesus does. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »

Jeremiah 33:2-3
This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it -- the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

— Jeremiah 33:2-3 (NIV)

In a universe of billions of stars, think of the power of God who made them and knows each of their names. Think of all he knows that we don't. Think of all he has seen that is not in our history books. Think of all he has done and can do. Add to this that he invites us to speak to him about the things of our heart and you understand the great expanse of his grace and the very limited knowledge of our minds.

My Prayer...

Almighty God, there are so many things about which I am grossly ignorant. There are so many things in my world that I can't keep up. There are so many things about you that I long to know but I can't begin to comprehend. Please, dear Father, give me more of you: Help me know more about you so that I may personally know you more completely. You are beyond me, so please deal gently with me as you reveal yourself. I look forward with anticipation to knowing you face to face in heaven, the Unsearchable and the Almighty God, my Abba Father. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »

Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

— Psalm 119:130 (NIV)

Sometimes the right path is not so difficult to find; we just need to know where to begin our search -- the reading of God's words. The right way is very seldom just the property of the bright, wise, and scholarly; it is very clear if we will but look for it!

My Prayer...

Holy Father, thank you for making your will known through your words in Scripture. Bless me as I open your Word. May I find not only the answer to my questions, but may I find you and your precious will. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:45 PM »

Psalm 119:160
All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

— Psalm 119:160 (NIV)

The requirements of morality and holiness are not temporary or fleeting because they reflect the nature of our Holy God who is eternal. They don't shift with the wishes of culture, but are true across cultures and times and wishes. We do not adapt God's will to our times, but we redeem our times by adapting our wills to his truth.

My Prayer...

Righteous God Almighty, may my life reflect your character and nature in compassion, holiness, and justice. I know you are forever and I want to invest my life in what lasts. Give me wisdom to see through the fleeting temptations of today and to do what honors you beyond my lifetime. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2010, 04:10:28 PM »

Isaiah 33:22
The Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us.

— Isaiah 33:22 (NIV)

When we think about God being our judge, we normally think of falling into judgment. Isaiah reminds us that God being our judge means that he will be there to judge us based on his will, his rule, and his grace. He is on our side and is looking to save, not condemn. Using the New Testament idiom, when we stand before our Judge we see instead our Father.

My Prayer...

Holy and Righteous Judge, I am glad that my fate, my future, and my life is in your hands. I know about your love for me because of the gift of Jesus. I know about your desire to save me because of your loving grace. I know your demand for holiness is met by the sacrifice of your Son. So God, I gladly and willingly trust my life, my soul, and my eternal future to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »

Psalm 149:4
For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.

— Psalm 149:4 (NIV)

Jesus, who left heaven and made himself a servant, did so to enable the last to be first, the servant to be greatest, and the least to be best. For ages, the arrogant, the abusive and the powerful have found it easy to reject the call of Christ -- after all he died and they're "important" and have no need for a Savior. But those who are humble find him to not only be Savior, but also Conqueror, King, and Friend.

My Prayer...

Precious Servant, Almighty King, thank you for coming to our world and serving us at great cost and showing us that we can reign with you. I look forward to the day every other knee will join mine as I bow before you as my Lord. Until that day, I pray that you will use me to bless those so often forgotten by our busy and glamour-intoxicated world. To our God be glory and praise for sending you, Jesus my Lord. In the holy name of Jesus I offer my praise. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 10:05:06 AM »

Luke 12:6-7
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

— Luke 12:6-7 (NIV)

In a universe so vast, what is our little planet? In a planet so diverse and so full of life, what are simple everyday people? Among all the billions of people alive and who have lived before us, what significance do I have? Jesus reminds us that our significance is great -- not because we are so important, but because we are known personally by God. We don't have to be afraid; we are known and loved by the One who is and was and is to come!

My Prayer...

Eternal God, Almighty Father, Tender Shepherd, you already know my heart. You know where I struggle with sin; please empower and forgive me. You know my fears; please encourage and strengthen me. You know my immaturity; please nurture and mature me. You know my weakness and disease, please comfort and heal me. Holy God, I am both awed and comforted that you know me and love me. Thank you! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

— Psalm 46:1 (NIV)

Where can we go when all the walls fall and all the armies crumble and all hope is lost? To the eternal God, who is our Father. He preserved Israel through the most difficult of times, protected the Bible from those who would eradicate it, and has led his Church through troubles and triumphs through the centuries. He will do the same with us until he brings us home to himself.

My Prayer...

My Rock, My Hope and My Protector, I thank you for preserving my life. I thank you for hearing my cries for help and healing. I thank you for guiding my feet into ways that have been a blessing. Please, O God, stay close by as I face the stresses and challenges in my life. Through your Spirit, enable me to grow and be an example to others as I pass through life's storm. In the name of Jesus, my Savior and Lord, I ask it. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 09:18:51 PM »

Psalm 119:14
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.

— Psalm 119:14 (NIV)

Our treasure and our truth come from Scripture. Scripture is God's guidance for us on how to avoid Satan's harmful traps and to live God's blessed life. Rather than seeing God's Word as limiting, we need to see it as a gift of love and to value it more highly than riches.

My Prayer...

Holy God, thank you for your written Word, your people's Scripture. May your truth come alive in my life just as it does in my heart and mind. In the name of your Son Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 09:25:35 AM »

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

— 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

We are God's temple! God lives in us. What we do in our bodies is part of our worship to him. We are called to not only abstain from impurity, but we are called to glorify God in our bodies and honor the sacrifice by which our holiness was bought.

My Prayer...

Father, I confess to you that I sometimes lose sight of how precious my body is to you. With aging and the other challenges that daily remind me that my body is a vessel of decay, I find it hard to believe that I can glorify you with it. Please, through your indwelling Spirit, quicken in me a deeper reverence and appreciation of your presence in me. In the name of Jesus, my atoning sacrifice, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »

Revelation 3:14 and 20
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. ... "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

— Revelation 3:14 and 20 (NIV)

It has always fascinated me that this verse has often been cited by those calling others to conversion when it is clearly written to lukewarm Christians needing to rekindle their love relationship to the Lord. As believers, we need to ask the Lord Jesus into our hearts, our home, and lives. It's not that he's not there, it's just that he awaits our invitation -- he will not barge in. He only inhabits hearts into which he has been invited!

My Prayer...

Holy Lord and Savior, I know you long to share your presence and fellowship with me. I know you are nearby as I draw each breath. But I confess that I am often unaware, and even sometimes unappreciative of your presence. I ask you this day to come into my heart and fill my life with your presence, comfort, and power. I want my life to be lived for you and with you. Holy and Almighty God, thank you for providing Jesus as my Lord and Savior. In his name I offer my thanks and praise. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »

Ephesians 2:10
We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

— Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)

The Psalmist reminded us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and God has something definite planned for us to do while we are here. We display his craftsmanship and skill when we intentionally live for him and not like the rest of the world.

My Prayer...

Master, teach me to recognize your opportunities and your will when they come into my life. I want to live for you without reservation. I pray for boldness to not be shy in sharing my faith. I pray for patience as I wait for folks to respond. I pray for protection on those close to coming to Christ. I pray not for me but for your Kingdom to be displayed in my life. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »

Romans 14:8
If we live, we live to the Lord: and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

— Romans 14:8 (NIV)

One of the incredible realizations we have as Christians is that our relationship with the Lord is eternal. As we seek after him, he is always there and no one can separate us from his love. Even when we die, we go to "be with the Lord." When we sleep in death, we are still "in the Lord." When he returns in glory we will go to "be with the Lord forever." Everything we have on earth is temporary except our love for the Lord Jesus, our praise of God through him, and our friends with whom we share that love and praise!

My Prayer...

Almighty God, thank you so much for binding yourself to our world in Jesus and binding me close to you through his lordship in my life. I look forward to the day when the Lord I kneel to worship today will be recognized by all the living and the dead as the One True Lord. I commit to live this day to honor him, and I know dear Father, that by honoring him I honor you. I praise and thank you for the gift of Jesus' eternal and abiding lordship in the name of the Christ my Lord. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2010, 06:03:59 PM »

2 Corinthians 7:1
Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

— 2 Corinthians 7:1 (NIV)

In a world so full of distractions and temptations, purity is difficult. Even more than difficult, the call to purity often goes forgotten and ignored. "Cheap grace" (Jude 4) is substituted for a call to passionate living. While we never want to give in to a works righteousness, we also must remember that impurity through laziness or lack of commitment or simple rebellion are contaminating to those claiming to be Christians and ruin our influence before the watching world.

My Prayer...

Purify my heart, my life, my body, my influence, O God. May my words and my thoughts be blameless in your sight. I want to be holy as you are holy and honor you as only you are worthy of honor. You alone are God! Through Jesus I ask it. Amen.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the