Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:58:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35702 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 10:48:23 AM »

Psalm 119:7 (07-18-10)
I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.

— Psalm 119:7 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Praise is integrally connected with our character. So for us to worship God, the intent of our hearts and the effort of our lives must show the determined desire to know and live his will. While we will never do this perfectly, grace covers us as we seek to live for his glory. But that grace must never be used as a pretense to excuse spiritual laziness or intentional weakness.

My Prayer...

Holy God, I want to be more like you in character even though I will never be like you in might or majesty. Open my eyes and through the Spirit enlighten me as I seek your will in your Scriptures and as I seek to be obedient in my daily life. Forgive me of my sin and create a clean and holy heart, wholly determined to do your will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »

Isaiah 41:10
[The Lord says] "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

— Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

Fear saps our will power and leaves us feeling depleted and hopeless. Yet very few of us have ever experienced a defeat so complete and bitter as the one God's people faced when Isaiah shared this message of hope. The preservation of Israel through their horrors to the time of Jesus, the resurrection of Jesus from the dead when all appeared lost, the triumph of the Church through centuries of persecution and opposition are all powerful reminders that underneath us are the everlasting arms of a mighty and loving God who will ultimately bring us to share in his eternal victory.

My Prayer...

Almighty and Eternal Father, it is such sweet comfort to know that you are always there. Thank you for always being there and guaranteeing my victory! In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »

1 John 1:7
If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

— 1 John 1:7 (NIV)

As we seek to please God and trust in his grace, more grace is supplied -- we are given relationship with each other. And while Jesus' death was "once for all," its cleansing power goes on and on as long as our hearts are tuned to his grace and our hearts seek to walk his path.

My Prayer...

Loving Father, thank you for the gift of Jesus and the cleansing his death brings me. Help me today to live a more dedicated life. Thank you for the assurance that as I seek your will and live your life you are also forgiving me of my sins and cleansing me and making me new. Through the intercession of Jesus, and in his mighty name, I offer these words of thanks. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 12:39:08 PM »

Psalm 119:30
I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.

— Psalm 119:30 (NIV)

Jesus reminded us to "pick up your cross daily and follow" him. The way of truth is a daily choice. To not seek to intentionally put him at the center of our life, the top priority in all of our decisions, is to slip a little bit further away from the life he calls us to lead. Any decision made without consciously seeking to please him is a decision to place him at the periphery of our lives. So let's set our heart on him. Let's choose his way, the way of truth, the way of life, and set our hearts on doing his will.

My Prayer...

Heavenly Father, I choose to follow you and your truth today. Open my eyes that I may see your truth and open my heart that I may live it with consistency and passion. I decide today, again, to follow you with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »

Matthew 16:15-16
"What about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

— Matthew 16:15-16 (NIV)

There is no other name under heaven that can save us (Acts 4:12). We are to confess Jesus before men, knowing that when we do, we can be sure he will confess us before the Father in heaven. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Savior and Lord. We may not know all the theological gravity behind those words -- after all, Peter didn't when he confessed Jesus as Christ -- but we can make a commitment to know him and follow him until we do know more. Jesus asks us to open our hearts to his lordship and begin the journey toward fuller knowledge and experience of him.

My Prayer...

Living God and Holy Father, I believe you sent Jesus as your Son to save me. I confess to you that I want Jesus to be Lord of my life because I believe him to be your Son and my Savior. It is through your Son, the Christ promised in Scripture, and in Jesus' name that I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 05:20:42 PM »

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

— Matthew 19:14 (NIV)

Jesus' love for children in an age when they weren't highly regarded is a powerful reminder. It is a reminder of God's love for what the world often abuses or abandons. We are called to love the unloved, the forgotten, the abused and neglected. Why? Because that is what Israel was in Egypt and that is what Jesus was at Calvary and that is what we were without grace (Romans 5:6-11). How can we claim to know salvation and not share it with others who need that grace? How can we claim to be Jesus' disciples and not show love for those the world forgets?

My Prayer...

Father, I want to be more of a parent like you -- a holy and loving parent to my own children and a tender parent to the forgotten children of today. Help me not only to be aroused by the neglect and abuse children suffer in my world, but to be moved to act in ways that bless them. In the name of Jesus, the great lover of all children I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 04:36:37 PM »

Psalm 112:5
Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

— Psalm 112:5 (NIV)

Generosity is love expressed in practical ways with joy. Generosity and justice are two character traits more needed in our selfish world. They come from a heart touched by grace and from a Father who is gracious.

My Prayer...

Loving Father, I know I will meet people today who need me to be generous with my love, my time, my forgiveness and my money. Please help me to treat them fairly and with love, just as you have treated me. May my life reflect your grace to others who need your love. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »

Psalm 119:60
I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.

— Psalm 119:60 (NIV)

Obedience is faith put into practice. Without action, James 2 reminds us that our faith is not real. So without arguing, let's quickly obey, even when we don't fully understand why because we've seen God's love demonstrated to us in Jesus, and we've seen the protection that his will has for us when we obey him.

My Prayer...

O God, give me a heart that is quick to obey and a faith that is quick to express itself in action. I want to please you with my words and thoughts, but even more Father, I want to live a life full of your character, wisdom, and grace. Help me to quickly obey your voice. In the name of Christ Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »

Hebrews 11:1
Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

— Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)

While the road ahead of us may be clouded with questions and concerns, we can look back and see the many ways God has acted in our behalf to get us to the places we need to be. But more than just us, we see his work through history and we can take assurance that his promises are true and his victory in us is assured.

My Prayer...

Almighty God, I believe that before there was a world, you existed. I trust that even now you sustain our world with your word of grace. I am confident that before the future arrives you are already there preparing it for us. Help me in those moments when I am not so confident to remember my faith today and to press on trusting that you are there waiting with your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »

Hebrews 12:1
Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

— Hebrews 12:1 (NIV)

With all the great heroes of the Bible, both big and small, we can do God's work with confidence. But to boldly go where he wants us to go, we must first be willing to let go of the sin that entangles our lives, distorts our vision, enlarges our doubts, and robs us of our spiritual vitality and stamina.

My Prayer...

Holy Father, forgive me for my sin. Not just my blatant sins, but my willingness to dabble in things that are not holy, to flirt with things that are spiritually dangerous, and to expose myself to things that leave a residue of Satan's world. Give me strength to say no to the things that distract me from you and to embrace with passion those things that make me more like you. In the name of Jesus my Lord I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 01:26:53 PM »

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

— Philippians 3:14 (NIV)

The way to walk a tightrope is to keep one's sight on the goal, looking neither down to the ground nor over our shoulder at what is behind. The way to walk with Jesus is to keep our eye on the goal, his victory waiting for us when he returns, not on the ground (our failures) and not what is behind (our accomplishments). The goal of the Christian walk is to keep walking toward Jesus until we walk with him in heaven.

My Prayer...

Lord, I look forward to the day when you call me by name and walk hand in hand with me. Until that day, help me fix my eyes on what you want me to be and not what I've done. By your grace and in the holy name of Jesus I ask it. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 08:42:51 PM »

Psalm 119:93
I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life.

— Psalm 119:93 (NIV)

Much like the rules parents have for young children -- don't drink what's under the cabinet, don't play in the street, don't walk out from behind parked cars... -- God's guidance is not to restrict us, but to protect us. His commands, both positive and prohibitive, are for our protection and perfection. By them we find life and have it preserved. (The Old Testament Law had all sorts of cleanliness laws that did not make any sense at all until thousands of years after they were written when we began to understand bacteria and viruses. All through these years, the Israelites were preserved by God's command when they had no real understanding why God had given the laws in the first place.)

My Prayer...

Holy Lord, help me see your words as life. I know you have given your commands, your will for holiness, to bless me and protect me. Use your Spirit to make my heart less stubborn and my life more nearly conformed to your will. In Jesus' name and by his power I ask it. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »

Matthew 5:14-16
[Jesus said] "You are the light of the world. Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

— Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)

Our life will not be neutral. We will either point others away from God or show them that allegiance to God is important. Let's make an intentional effort today to shine the light of God's holiness and grace in all we do and say.

My Prayer...

O God, may the words of my mouth, the actions of my life, and the influence of my deeds show others your holiness and grace and lead them to acknowledge your majesty and might. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

Psalm 119:114
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

— Psalm 119:114 (NIV)

Where can we go to remain secure from the onslaught of bad ideas, evil influences, and false hopes? We can go to God and his Word. While people can be disloyal and misguided, God's love is proven through history and through Jesus and his truth stands forever.

My Prayer...

Almighty God, you alone are trustworthy. You keep your word and fulfill your promises. Forgive me when I trust my own insight and the wisdom of others rather than seeking your will in your Word. Please give me your wisdom as I seek your will in your Word. In the name of Jesus, your ultimate Word, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 08:39:01 PM »

John 1:12-13
To all who received him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

— John 1:12-13 (NIV)

We live in a time and culture of rights. "It's my right to ___." Just fill in the blank. But we don't have a right to be God's child. We are given that right by God's grace. This right came to us at great cost to God. Jesus' came to earth, lived, died and was raised from the dead. We receive this grace through faith: God gives us new birth as we trust in Jesus as Lord and we are baptized and reborn through the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-7; Titus 3:3-7). To be born of God, to be born from above, to be born "again" is the gift of adoption into God's family and brings us all the rights of heirs in God's house (Galatians 3:26-4:7). So let’s not take this grace, this blessing, this adoption, this right for granted! We are God’s children right now (1 John 3:1-3). Let’s give thanks for this grace and live like we belong.

My Prayer...

Abba Father, thank you for including me in your family. May my life reflect your influence, character, mercy, holiness, compassion, righteousness, and love. I want to be like you, my Father. So just as I was born into your family by the power of the Holy Spirit, please fill me with your Spirit so that I will more closely reflect you in all I do and say this day. In the name of my older brother Jesus I pray. Amen.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the