Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:36:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35706 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.

— Proverbs 14:34 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Wow, what an indictment. When we vote our pocketbook more than character and when we excuse the indiscretions, infidelities, and illegalities in the leaders of both political parties, we have reached a very sad state indeed! But before we rant and rave about the sad state of morality in our public officials, let's make sure we're honest in our own daily lives -- that we don't say cruel things about others, that we remain faithful to our marriages and our purity vows, and let's make sure that we expect of ourselves higher standards than we do of others.

My Prayer...

God, you are not only the Almighty, you are holy! Holy, Holy, Holy are you, the LORD God Almighty. May the whole earth be filled with your glory and may that glory be shown in what I do and say. Forgive me of my own sin and hypocrisy. Bless me with purity, righteousness, and holiness as I pledge my life to your glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »

Isaiah 12:4
Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done and proclaim that his name is exalted.

— Isaiah 12:4 (NIV)

It is wrong to think God's love for the nations began only with Jesus and the Great Commission. Remember Jonah's preaching to save Israel's great enemy, Nineveh? Remember the precious story of Ruth, a foreigner grafted into the lineage of King David and ultimately Jesus the Messiah? God loves all people and wants them to come to share in his grace. As Christians, we are his salt and light. We are here to touch all the peoples of the world and beckon them to come back to the one Father who truly loves them.

My Prayer...

Holy God, stir in my heart a greater passion to share your love with the world. May my life, my money, and my concern be used to do more of your work throughout the world. Please bless the efforts of all those who share the Gospel of Jesus in a culture other than their own. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 06:26:04 PM »

Psalm 33:12

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.

— Psalm 33:12 (NIV)

What is the god of our culture and our nation? Certainly our God is the LORD, Yahweh, King of Israel and Redeemer of the lost. He is King of all nations. But he is not necessarily God of our nation. We are far from "one nation under God." But we can pray for revival to sweep our land. We can repent for not placing him first in our own lives. He has promised to respond if we will humble ourselves and seek him. Let's do that beginning today!

My Prayer...

LORD, God of the heavens and Father of all nations, I humble myself before you today, acknowledging my own sin and the sin of my people. I pray that you will revive us by the power of your Word and the sanctifying power of your Spirit. Bring renewal and revival to our land. In the name of Jesus and by the power of the Spirit I ask this. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

— Ephesians 3:20-21 (NIV)

Of all the names for God in the Bible, this is my favorite: "Him who is Able to Do Immeasurably More." Our God is the same God who parted the Red Sea and fed 5,000 on a green hillside with only a couple of sardine sandwiches. He longs to do more than we can ask or imagine! Unfortunately most of us haven't really given him much of a challenge with our wimpy dreams and shallow prayers. Let's dream big dreams for God. Then hang on for the ride that is more than we can even imagine!

My Prayer...

Almighty and Awesome God, do in our day what you did in past days. Give us faith to believe and then amaze us at how shortsighted our faith really was. Give us vision to see your plan and believe you long to do greater things. We ask this, not for ourselves or our reputation, but for your glory and the salvation of our world. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »

Psalm 138:2
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

— Psalm 138:2 (NIV)

For Christians, God's temple is one of two related things: either the Christian's body (1 Cor. 6:19-20) or the group of people who make up his Church (1 Cor. 3:16). Because of the flaws in people who make up our churches, many are hypercritical of their hypocrisy. But God's Church is precious to him, and should be to us. Anyone who destroys his Church through division will be utterly destroyed. God's faithfulness to his people is seen in his preservation of the Church through all the ravages and persecutions of history and his patience with the flawed people who are in his Church. But, God is still the center of the Church and he alone is to be exalted. The Church is still to be governed by his Word and not just their own will.

My Prayer...

Holy and incomparable God, I praise you for your steadfast love and faithfulness revealed in your preservation of your Church through all the years of history. I will cherish your Church and do all I can to help it grow and mature to become more like Jesus. I recognize that you and you alone are to be exalted above all other things and that church must never be more important than your will revealed in your word. Give me the courage to be true to you even if the church with whom I'm involved may not completely honor you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »

Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

— Psalm 18:30 (NIV)

God is a shield whose Word can be trusted. His way is not only true, but it is also life-giving. But, we must take refuge in him if his flawless word and his perfect way are going to be blessings and his presence is going to bless us as our shield. Our allegiance, reliance, and dependence must be voluntarily placed in him and lives must be committed to living by flawless word.

My Prayer...

God of our Fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I trust my soul and future to you. You are my strength and shield. Please protect and guard me, my family, and your church from the Evil One. Please keep us physically safe, spiritually vibrant, and morally upright as we serve you this summer and seek to honor your will by obeying your Word. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:34 PM »

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. (Spoken by Jesus.)

— Matthew 24:35 (NIV)

What do you have that will last? Not much -- the love you have for God and his children, the praise you offer him, and the Word he has spoken to us through his Spirit, the prophets, and his Son Jesus. Invest in these things and you will never be without lasting truth, blessing, and hope!

My Prayer...

Eternal God and loving Father, give me wisdom to discern what is truly lasting and invest my life in them. I want my life built on things that will never suffer decay. Thank you for sending Jesus to teach me truth that will last. I want to be obedient to his words and his life. Bless me in ways that help me live a life that is true. In the name of Jesus, my eternal Savior I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »

Philippians 1:6
He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

— Philippians 1:6 (NIV)

God finished his creation work in the world in 6 days. He sustains it with his powerful word. He is still working on us and in us and he will continue to work his will in us to his glory (see Philippians 2:12-13) until Christ comes to take us home!

My Prayer...

Thank you Father, for being at work in my life. I confess that at times you seem distant, but looking back over the crucial moments of my life, I can see your fingerprints and your grace leading me to where I am today. Dear Father, please make your presence even more powerfully known in my life as I seek your will and commit to live to your glory. In the name of Jesus my Lord I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »

Jeremiah 32:17
Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

— Jeremiah 32:17 (NIV)

In the immense expanse of our universe, with its billions upon billions of stars, where our own tiny blue planet is but a small speck of sand on an inestimable seashore, God knows us each personally. Such knowledge it too wonderful to be true, and yet it is! God has shown us his love in Jesus to remind us that he not only knows us, but he cares for us and longs to bring us to himself.

My Prayer...

O Great God of the heavens, thank you for caring for me when I am such a small part of your great work in the universe. Your love is beyond my comprehension and yet it thrills me to know that in your grace one day I will see you face to face. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

— Matthew 4:4 (NIV)

Like Esau, we get so diverted by the mundane things of life and the growling of our bellies, we forget the longer range view of things. God's Word, his written Word the Bible, his demonstrated Word in Jesus, and his proclaimed Word in the Gospel are what can sustain us eternally. This is the living bread we seek.

My Prayer...

True and Faithful God, through your Holy Spirit create in me a hunger for your Word that is much more necessary for my life than my hunger for food. I confess that at times I have been distracted by the mundane things of life and have not sought your Word and have not nourished my soul as fully as I could. Please forgive me as I re-commit myself to be more attentive to your leading and your truth through your Word and by your Spirit. In the name Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 03:27:45 PM »

Philippians 2:9-11
God exalted him [Jesus] to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

— Philippians 2:9-11 (NIV)

When Jesus is exalted, when his name is praised and his glory confessed, God is honored and blessed. Praise be the glorious name of Jesus of Nazareth, our great Messiah the Christ, Savior, Son of God, and conquering King!

My Prayer...

Precious Savior, Jesus Christ my Lord, your name is wonderful! Your sacrifice for my sin was so loving and generous. I am so thankful that our Father raised you from the dead and that through you, I will be able to be with God and worship you all of eternity! You are glorious, Jesus my Lord! In your glorious name I bring this praise to God. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »

John 15:10
[Jesus said] "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."

— John 15:10 (NIV)

Love is not just a feeling. Love is action. For believers, the action that most shows our love for Jesus is for us to be obedient to his words, his will, and his example.

My Prayer...

Father, thank you for showing your love in Jesus. Thank you Jesus for showing us how to love our Father by obeying his will and honoring his word. Today I will consciously live in obedience to your will. Please receive my actions, my words, and my thoughts as my offering of praise to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 01:14:31 PM »

James 1:21
Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

— James 1:21 (NIV)

Isn't it true! When we find ourselves caught in the clutches of the moral filth of our culture, we find the Word of God boring and irrelevant. Yet even in those moments when Satan uses sin to harden our hearts, God's Spirit calls us to change at a level deeper than just the mere understanding of the words of Scripture. Thank God for his Spirit which can use his Word like a surgeon's scalpel and do the needed surgery on our hearts.

My Prayer...

Holy God, with the help of your Holy Spirit, today I willingly and decisively give up the immoral habits in my life. I recognize that these not only offend your holiness and grace, but also harden me to your will, pull me away from your character, and blunt my witness to others. Please forgive me and sustain me as I seek to live a life wholly pleasing to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »

Colossians 2:9-10
In Christ, all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

— Colossians 2:9-10 (NIV)

If you had known Jesus' address in Nazareth along about A.D. 20, you could have gone to that house and said, "God lives here!" While the doctrine of Jesus being fully God and fully man -- fully God yet having emptied himself of all of his divine privilege (Phil. 2:5-7) -- is nearly impossible to fully understand, it is the awesome reality of grace. God chose to be like us because we could not be like him. God came down to us because we could not ascend to him. In Jesus, God came to us in fullness so we could be full in him.

My Prayer...

Almighty God, I acknowledge that you are too great for me to comprehend. Yet as marvelous and mighty and majestic as you are, your grace is greater still. Thank you for sending Jesus so I can know you. Thank you for sending Jesus so I could be forgiven. Thank you for sending Jesus so I can go home to you and live forever. Thank you Jesus, for coming to redeem me and then returning back to the Father so I can speak to him through you. In your name Jesus, and because of your grace, I pray with boldness before our Father. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »

Romans 1:16 (07-17-10)
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.

— Romans 1:16 (NIV)

For the rich and poor, young and old, weak and strong, thin and heavy, there is still just one message and one name and one story that makes the eternal difference. That one message, story, and name are announced in the gospel -- God's good news to the world in Jesus Christ. God's good news of life in the story of Jesus Christ is The Story and The Message and The Hope for all.

My Prayer...

Great Redeemer, make me more bold to proclaim the Gospel today. Give me eyes to see those who are waiting to be told. Fill me up with your Spirit so that I will not be ashamed but will gladly proclaim the story of Jesus. Fill my life with the optimistic hope of Jesus' glorious and victorious return so that I might share it with passion and others will know of your grace. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the