Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:53:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35911 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:12:46 PM »

2 Thessalonians 3:3
The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

— 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

It's amazing to me how Satan knows our "silver bullet sins" -- those sins that can especially wound and disable us from the work of Christ. Commit in your heart to ask God to protect you, your family, and one other person (you'll silently and daily support in prayer) from the attacks of the evil one.

My Prayer...

Mighty and Triumphant King, crush your enemies under your feet and liberate me and those I love from the oppressive attacks and the horrible consequences of sin. Not only forgive and cleanse me, but please guard my heart so that I might gain strength to serve you with passion and power. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »

Isaiah 40:31
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and will not be faint.

— Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

It is easy for us to live victoriously for the Lord when we soar on the wings of eagles. It can be exciting when we run and don't grow weary in the work of the Lord, buoyed by his power and presence. But it often takes heroes to keep walking and not faint when trying times come. Keep on walking brother and sister. The Lord is there when you most fear he has forgotten you!

My Prayer...

Majestic God, whose voice holds together our universe, give those who can barely walk the strength to continue as they face the stress and assault of the evil one. I specifically want to pray for those I know personally who are facing trying times. Please, dear LORD, give them strength and meet their most pressings needs. Through Jesus, who conquered Satan, sin and death, and in the power of his holy name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:17:32 PM »

Psalm 121:7-8
The Lord will keep you from all harm -- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

— Psalm 121:7-8 (NIV)

Our lives are not lived out on our own, alone. The Lord is with us personally. He holds our future and our safety in his hands. Our deliverance is assured, either deliverance from death which means service to him, or deliverance to him through death which means freedom from the constraints of mortality and the battle with sin. The Lord will keep us from all harm!

My Prayer...

Mighty Protector, Rock of my salvation, thank you that I cannot go where you are not. Thank you that my future is secure with you. Make this assurance the convicting power in my life to turn over my future and my life to you. By the power of Jesus I believe this, and in his name I ask it. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »

Psalm 91:1
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

— Psalm 91:1 (NIV)

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and to share in the comfort of his sheltering presence. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him. Let's choose to draw near!

My Prayer...

O great Almighty God, tender Shepherd and Abba Father, make known to me your nearness. I long to live in your presence as I try to reflect your holiness and grace. By Jesus' blood I draw near to you in full assurance of your love and grace. In the name of Jesus, the name above all names, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:19:34 PM »

Mark 8:36
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his very soul?

— Mark 8:36 (NIV)

We chase after so many different things. Only one thing is needful. Having a fist full of dollars, a great estate, and lots of prestige doesn't mean a whole lot if you've gone to your ultimate address without the Lord. Even worse is to find that in the middle of your busy-ness, you awake to find yourself in the barren land where Christ does not dwell and life is not found. Let's not lose our life, our soul, our meaning, chasing after what is not lasting.

My Prayer...

Father, help me to keep my priorities right, my life holy, and my heart open to your will rather than being blinded with my own self-seeking. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 11:20:51 PM »

Ephesians 5:25-26
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy.

— Ephesians 5:25-26 (NIV)

For husbands, there is sacrificial love in our purpose and purpose in our sacrifice. We give up ourselves to love our wives. Jesus is our example here, and he gave up everything. His purpose? To make us holy and beautiful to God. Our motives are to be equally as sacrificial and pure in surrendering our rights to bless and love our wives. As Paul reminds us in Ephesians 5:21, we too are to submit, but this does not mean spinelessness, it means service and sacrifice to bless and bring glory to Christ.

My Prayer...

Holy God, help our families to be full of love and may this begin with me, today, in my family. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 11:21:46 PM »

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not exasperate your children, instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

— Ephesians 6:4 (NIV)

Mothers have such an inside road with children that it is interesting that God commands fathers to be about the work of spiritual nurture. I don't believe he means to exclude mothers. No, I think he assumes they'll do their part. But the father's influence and intentional training is so essential.

My Prayer...

Abba Father, may my children come to find you in me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »

Jeremiah 23:24
"Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?" declares the Lord. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the Lord.

— Jeremiah 23:24 (NIV)

There is no hiding from God, but for those who willingly and joyously seek him, there is comfort, power, and hope in knowing his presence is ever with us.

My Prayer...

El Shaddai, God of the Mountains, be my source of strength as I seek your presence. I acknowledge your presence in all I do and everywhere I go. Please, don't just keep blessing me, but use me to bless others in your name. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 11:09:01 AM »

Leviticus 19:18
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

— Leviticus 19:18 (NIV)

Hanging on to bitterness and keeping alive grudges is consuming work. It leaves little energy for blessing others, praising God, or enjoying life. The only way to get over a bitter heart toward others is to actively love and serve them in ways that bless their lives. If we can't do this because it's hard to feel like it is the right thing to do, we do it because we know God and want to please him!

My Prayer...

Father of light, love and mercy, please remove from my heart any cynicism or delight in seeing others around me fall. Instead, help me to be a rescuer rather than a neglector. I want your grace to be seen in my friendships. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »

Matthew 16:25
[Spoken by Jesus] "...whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

— Matthew 16:25 (NIV)

The key to life is letting go of ourselves and welcoming Jesus and his will into our lives. Please don't forget to relinquish your life to the one who gave up his own life for you. You see, he took it back up again, just so that when we lose our life to him, we can have it back forever with him.

My Prayer...

Holy God, I believe that Jesus is Lord, your Son, my Savior and King. I long for his life to be made visible in mine to your glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 10:48:16 PM »

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

— 2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)

Maranatha -- O Lord come! This cry of the early church, especially during times of trial, persecution, and difficulty must be tempered with the reminder that there is a lost world around us -- many of whom are dear friends and family. Our passion for the Lord's coming must be equaled by our passion to share his grace with those who have not "come to repentance" and have not changed their lives to serve the Lord who died to bring them life. Until he comes, let's commit to do his work of bringing others to repentance and salvation in him.

My Prayer...

O great and patient God, please use all of your power and grace to bring my loved ones and dear friends to repentance so that when Jesus appears they can share in my joy and your salvation. In the name of Jesus the only Savior I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »

Psalm 138:8
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands.

— Psalm 138:8 (NIV)

God has a purpose and plan for each of our lives. The greatest thing we can do is to find that purpose and live it out. We can trust his purpose for us because it is based on his wisdom and love. As long as we seek his will, we're not going to do anything that can ultimately mess up his purpose for us. Yes, we may at times stray from the perfect channel he wants us to travel, but we never get totally out of the main channel. As long as we do not abandon him, and remember he will never forsake us, he will use us for his purposes.

My Prayer...

O Sovereign God, help me discern today what my life is intended to fulfill in your plan. Thank you for loving me and promising to walk beside me every step of my life. I live trusting that you will never forsake me and committed to never forsaking you. In the name of your faithful Son, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 05:31:05 PM »

Zechariah 14:9
The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

— Zechariah 14:9 (NIV)

"Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Jesus taught us to pray for the day that the LORD would be The recognized King over all the earth. We look forward to that, because our faith will be shown true and the LORD himself will be glorified as he should be. In a world of profanity, a world where God's name is blasphemed, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that he is not only LORD Yahweh, but he is also incomparable without rival, that his name is the only name worthy of reverence, honor, and praise.

My Prayer...

Great Almighty LORD, Yahweh, please work to bring yourself glory, not only in me, but in your people, and in our time of history. With all my heart I pray for your name to be reverenced in all the earth. Do mighty works that show your control and sovereignty to help your people bring others to call on your name and to praise your grace. In Jesus' holy and precious name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »

Romans 12:3
By the grace given me I say to everyone of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

— Romans 12:3 (NIV)

Pride does go before a fall! Try balancing these two truths: "I must not be prideful, but I must understand just how much God values me." It's not easy. Satan can use our self denigration, what I call the worthless worm syndrome, to discourage us and keep us from using our gifts and knowing our value to God for Kingdom work. On the other hand, pride takes God out of the picture and attributes any contribution to God's Kingdom to us and not to God. To be both bearer of the image of God and part of fallen humanity is more than a theological issue; it is the daily struggle of being a disciple. But we maintain the proper balance by praising the One who made us his child and adopted us into his family.

My Prayer...

Holy Father, as your child, redeemed at the cost of Jesus' life, I know I am loved and valuable to you. I know you have given me abilities and gifts to use for your glory and to bless your church. But Father, I do not want to ever think that my abilities are somehow tied to my superiority or work. I know you have given me the gifts, abilities, and experiences that have shaped me, so please empower me to your glory. But Father, I never want the glory that is achieved from your gifts to puff me up or rob from me the realization that I am what I am, I have what I have, and I do what I do, because of your grace and your generous gifts. May I ever be your humble but valuable child at work in your Kingdom. I pray in the name of Jesus, my older brother and your Son. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »

Jeremiah 17:9-10
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."

— Jeremiah 17:9-10 (NIV)

Jesus told us that what is in our heart ultimately works its way out into our public life. The great wise man of Proverbs told us to guard our heart because it is the well spring of our life. Jeremiah wants us to know that God knows our heart. At Heartlight, we want to stress the importance of what goes into our hearts because it really makes a difference in what goes on inside our heart. Invite the Lord into what you do and think and read and watch and hear. Ask him to remove deceit and help you see if what you are doing is really worthy of your time and interest.

My Prayer...

Righteous Father, please help me guard my heart and be wise enough not to place things into it that would rob it of its devotion to you. I want to be pure through and through. Please search me and help me remove everything that would steal my devotion from you and that would ruin my influence with others for you. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the