Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Face with a Name (pic) *Dont Run ok!*
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Face with a Name (pic) *Dont Run ok!*  (Read 7060 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 04:09:57 PM »

Cris and Natey- I have revoked your coffee drinking privileges. Grin Grin Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 11:16:23 PM »

Oh no---please, please, I beg you Mr. Tibby, sir, have mercy!!  Cry

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2004, 11:54:18 AM »

You know, I think you are the first person to post her pic on the forum! Grin Grin Great job. Wonder who will do it next... Whitehorse? Wink Wink Grin

Mmmm....I don't know. Maybe. I'll wait for everyone else to go first. Grin  Wink

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2004, 02:40:45 PM »

Ok, Cris, you can have your coffee back.

Thats ok, Whitehorse, you first. The only online pic of me is one of me 3-4 years ago when I had long hair... not a pretty site. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2004, 04:46:35 PM »

Awright...where's it at??

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2004, 05:37:06 PM »

After seeing JudgeNot's pix....

I mean, puh-LEEZE!!

Roll Eyes

I realize Jesus came to save ALL sinners, but...

Please no, not in Heaven, please no.

Embarrassed
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2004, 06:52:22 PM »

Hey!  Remember beauty is only skin deep!  Seven very, very thick epidermal layers - supported by twisted sinew wrapped around knotted bone…

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2004, 07:25:52 PM »

Too cute!
And I love the way you're hair matches your shirt!  Wink

Seriously, the picture is adorable!  Cheesy

I'm a little shy, so here's me...

This too is cute.
I just knew you would look like that sincereheart.

Grin Huh Grin Lips Sealed

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2004, 07:33:02 PM »

Well, I thought Id sort of introduce myself photo wise. Kinda give a face to a name. Not the prettiest by far Im sure,lol...but its me.
I really hope to see pics of all of you sometime! Smiley & If you dont put them here, maybe Email me some! Smiley
~Natey

Welcome to the board NateyCakes.  That pic is soooo precious.  Everything matches, eyeshadow, lipstick AND shirt.  Oh, to be young again!!

Your name is infectious.  Can't get it out of my mind.  I keep singing it to some tune that goes something like, NateyCake, NateyCake, O Natey, Natey, Natey, NateyCake.  Just remembered, it's to that old song "Lolli Pop".  Silly, I know.  Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

Have a happy stay here!

cris

"Everything matches, eyeshadow, lipstick AND shirt.  Oh, to be young again!!"

Does one lose the ability to coordinate fashion as one gets older? Or is it one just does not have the time for it or it isn't important anymore?

Just curious?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 07:45:07 PM by ollie » Logged

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2004, 07:38:52 PM »

On a more serious note:

1 Timothy 2:8.  I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
 9.  In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 07:46:22 PM by ollie » Logged

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2004, 07:39:46 PM »

Does one lose the ability to coordinate fashion as one gets older? Or is it one just does not have the time for it or it isn't important anymore?

You got it Ollie - it's all in the "give a hoot" category.  Since they started making a big deal about that "queer eye for the straight guy" stuff I can't tell you how hard I try to not coordinate ANYTHING!   Grin Angry Grin

But - that's for a different thread...

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2004, 07:49:12 PM »

You got it Ollie - it's all in the "give a hoot" category.  Since they started making a big deal about that "queer eye for the straight guy" stuff I can't tell you how hard I try to not coordinate ANYTHING!   Grin Angry Grin

But - that's for a different thread...
I hear you!  Sad

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2004, 09:11:56 PM »

[Does one lose the ability to coordinate fashion as one gets older? Or is it one just does not have the time for it or it isn't important anymore?

Just curious?

Curiosity killed the cat! Grin  

No, one does not lose the ability to coodinate fashion as one gets older (some of us don't, anyway).  There's a fashion for the young that just isn't appropriate for older folk.  A young person can get away with multi colored hair.  It looks ridiculous on an older person.  It's youth---loosen up a bit.  I'd rather have a kid with green hair and saved than a kid who was clean cut and deceitful.

Now on the serious side in ref. to 1Tim 2:8-9.  I think one would actually have to be there to KNOW exactly what was being said and why.  Some people are plain ignorant while others like to draw attention to themselves.  Both need a kind word.  It's really dependent on the customs.  However, I feel modesty in all areas is implied here.  No one should be a distraction to those who were/are worshiping God.  If kids with green hair are a distraction, then they should be told to cover their heads while in church.  They don't distract me though.  Maybe the first time I saw green hair I did a double take but soon came to realize that's what was in fashion for youth.  These are saved kids I'm talking about, too.  

Oh, we could go on and on about what is and what isn't appropriate dress wise.  Maybe all churches should require uniforms and head coverings!!   Wink  

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2004, 07:18:20 AM »

[Does one lose the ability to coordinate fashion as one gets older? Or is it one just does not have the time for it or it isn't important anymore?

Just curious?

Curiosity killed the cat! Grin  

No, one does not lose the ability to coodinate fashion as one gets older (some of us don't, anyway).  There's a fashion for the young that just isn't appropriate for older folk.  A young person can get away with multi colored hair.  It looks ridiculous on an older person.  It's youth---loosen up a bit.  I'd rather have a kid with green hair and saved than a kid who was clean cut and deceitful.

Now on the serious side in ref. to 1Tim 2:8-9.  I think one would actually have to be there to KNOW exactly what was being said and why.  Some people are plain ignorant while others like to draw attention to themselves.  Both need a kind word.  It's really dependent on the customs.  However, I feel modesty in all areas is implied here.  No one should be a distraction to those who were/are worshiping God.  If kids with green hair are a distraction, then they should be told to cover their heads while in church.  They don't distract me though.  Maybe the first time I saw green hair I did a double take but soon came to realize that's what was in fashion for youth.  These are saved kids I'm talking about, too.  

Oh, we could go on and on about what is and what isn't appropriate dress wise.  Maybe all churches should require uniforms and head coverings!!   Wink  

Which of the nine lives of a cat does curiosity kill?

"No, one does not lose the ability to coodinate fashion as one gets older (some of us don't, anyway).  There's a fashion for the young that just isn't appropriate for older folk.  A young person can get away with multi colored hair.  It looks ridiculous on an older person.  It's youth---loosen up a bit.  I'd rather have a kid with green hair and saved than a kid who was clean cut and deceitful."

Talk about looking riduculous on an older persom. What about all those elder ladies with blue hair?

Sometimes Christians make compromises that lean toward the worldly instead of the Godly.
When one has the Holy Spirit guiding his inner self then that should be reflected in the outer self otherwise it can become hypocrisy.

"Now on the serious side in ref. to 1Tim 2:8-9.  I think one would actually have to be there to KNOW exactly what was being said and why.  Some people are plain ignorant while others like to draw attention to themselves.  Both need a kind word.  It's really dependent on the customs.  However, I feel modesty in all areas is implied here.  No one should be a distraction to those who were/are worshiping God.  If kids with green hair are a distraction, then they should be told to cover their heads while in church.  They don't distract me though.  Maybe the first time I saw green hair I did a double take but soon came to realize that's what was in fashion for youth.  These are saved kids I'm talking about, too."

I agree and pray that eventually the "kids" in Christ if true will come to a maturity in Christ and realize that green hair, long hair, short hair, all the worldly trendy fads is not where it is at, but to love one another in Christ is where it is.

"Oh, we could go on and on about what is and what isn't appropriate dress wise.  Maybe all churches should require uniforms and head coverings!!   Wink "

It is already done spiritually and the clothing is white.

A Christian's natural adorment must be modest.

Good post, Thanks.

Ollie

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2004, 07:48:44 AM »

Curiosity killed the cat!

When I was younger and the old folks would tell me that, I'd always reply:

But satisfaction brought him back!  Wink Of course, I'm so much more mature now.... Roll Eyes (Symphony, DON'T say it! Angry)

No, one does not lose the ability to coodinate fashion as one gets older (some of us don't, anyway).

That's right! I have found that everything goes with (women's Wink) jeans! Now I'm always in fashion!

Ok, maybe not - cause I HATE the new tight-fitting, low slung breeches... Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the