Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Oil Spill in the Gulf
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oil Spill in the Gulf  (Read 12203 times)
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »

Cont'd...

Now after nearly 2 months, someone finally thought of checking the oil coming up out of the sea bed for RADIATION. In just the past 2 weeks we've finally learned the the oil flow in the Gulf is bringing up with it both URANIUM and THORIUM. The amounts of these are far above what's considered "safe levels" for humans and other living creatures. As if the people along the Gulf didn't already have enough problems to worry about, the oil and chemicals pouring forth from the sea bed are also contaminated with RADIOACTIVE material....
    The Gulf oil gusher is uncontrolled and uncontrollable...not only is oil gushing from the sea bed with uncontrollable pressure but it is also bringing up dangerous chemicals, all of which are highly toxic and flammable...Add to this that the fact that cracks were already in the sea floor when BP began drilling their deep sea well and now enlarging and new cracks are developing daily, releasing not only oil, but large quatities of METHANE GAS.
     It has become public knowledge that BP drilled their deep well directly over a huge bulge in the sea floor, and knew exactly what was causing the bulge years before they began drilling, and yet chose to drill anyway.

Cont'd....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:30:57 PM by Barbara » Logged
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »

Cont'd...

"...what has really been created in the Gulf, and which continues to grow more deadly each passing day, is a GIGANTIC BOMB...Due to this situation plans are already in the works by the US gov't for the MANDATORY EVACUATION OF THE ENTIRE GULF COAST AREA...."

The above e-mail continues on page after page with more frightening information. We have searched the net to find several people including the Clintons saying the well has to be nuked. We don't like hearing these things and are still trying to get out of the area. We were trying to buy a used RV but they're being snapped up before we get there. The RV's not being sold by owners are sky high in price and we don't have that much cash. We will grab whatever we can ASAP and try to leave. I don't know where this is going, but we left NY after 9-11 because we figured they'd be nuked next - it seems we went from the frying pan into the fire. Just the fact that on June 29, Clinton was still calling for the bomb to be used makes us very uneasy.
   Please let me know if anyone has any more info about this crazy situation...but we know that the LORD can make a way where there is no way - and our hope is in HIM that this nuclear option is not even considered
!!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 01:27:21 AM »

Hello Sister Barbara,

I wouldn't pay any attention to the Clintons at all. If something this drastic is required, I'm sure it would be announced after folks who know what they're talking about make a decision. The best I know to tell you right now is to use common sense and pray for the rest. My son is also not aware of any pending evacuation orders. They have special operations and procedures for just about everything. According to my son, this isn't even being discussed for plant operations - at least not yet to his knowledge.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 09:04:41 AM »

All oil wells have what is called NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials). If you look it up you will find that oil wells throughout the U.S. have this contamination and so do the ones in the M.E. and Russia. It is enough to set off a Geiger Counter on some oil samples but supposedly not enough to be of a threat to health nor life and many other oil samples from the Gulf aren't enough to set it off.

Numerous scientists have tested the oil in various places along the coast and agree with the following statement:

It is very low and not significant especially at counts per minute measurement. I work with radiation all the time and what you see is negligible. You could detect more from a smoke detector or old type Coleman lantern mantle or old Orange Fiesta ware plates or even old watch dials. Don't worry about the radiation, worry more about the benzene and other fun stuff in it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »

Not trying to belabor the point - but we're getting so many startling reports. We're glad to say we bought a camper yesterday and my husband is getting the title transferred and the insurance even as I write this.
   Also, numerous friends are selling everything they own and preparing to leave. We're getting e-mails from as far as Orlando, complaining of headaches, nausea, etc...inlcuding rashes which my husband and I know about 1st hand since we both have giant ones. We're using natural creams to keep them under control. I've NEVER before had ANY  kind of rash in my 57 years! But we're not the only ones.
    Anyway, I just got this from Jack Kinsella.

THE DEAD ZONE

The Omega Letter is a daily journal of current events as viewed from the perspective of Bible prophecy and written as they occur. We went online on Oct 14, 2001 and so our archives are something of a daily record of the 21st century.
    (I'm not trying to blow our horn, here. There is a point I want to make so bear with me.) Over the years we've published the OL day in and day out, from literally hundreds of locations both here and from abroad.

Cont'd...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »

Cont'd...

In all that time, the Omega Letter Daily Briefing has had but one writer and one researcher for every single one of the two thousand, eeight hundred and fifty-nine briefs in our archive database.
     Since the OL is a daily project, it is a more or less constant process. Every event, every conversation every newly discovered fact from history, every social, political or environmental upheaval is a potential OL topic of interest - so the research never stops.
     Researching the OL takes me a lot of places I don't want to go and teaches me a lot of stuff I really don't want to know.
    I say all that to make the following point: What I have learned over the past few weeks concerning the BP oil spill in the Gulf has shaken me more than any event we've discussed over the course of the entire 21st century.
     The information being withheld, if tru, if so catastrophic that it is literally a case of the country not being able to handle the truth.
     That said, I've done my level best to confirm the following information but the political smokescreen surrounding it leaves me with less than 100% confidence - but only slightly less. I could be taken in by a hoax and I pray that is the case, but I don't think so.

Cont'd...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »

Cont'd...

BP estimates that the oil reservoir pouring into the Gulf could contain as much as two Billion barrels of oil, currently spewing out as something on the order of 100,000 to 160,000 gallons per day. At that rate, the spill, if left uncapped, could continue to foul the Gulf for four years before running dry.
     And it appears that capping the well is NOT and NEVER has been an option. Because of the pressure, capping the wellhead would rupture the well pipe causing oil to flood out into the strata below the sea floor.
     The erosion process would cause the oil to erupt through the sea bed creating a literal and unstoppable volcano of oil and mud. When the Deepwater Horizon exploded, it ruptured the well pipe a mile beneath the surface.
     With pressures that could be as high as 100,000 psi, plugging the well will force the oil out into the seabed floor and only meters from a large methane gas bubble some 15 to 20 miles wide.
     Even if they do nothing, eventually that methane bubble will migrate to the well. When that happens, it will explode up the well ipe creating the same catastrophe as if they plugged it.
     Unless BP's relief well effort can relieve the pressure, when that gas bubble hits the pipe it presents one of two scenarios, both of which are unthinkably catastrophic. (And BP is rumored to have quietly advanced their expected completion date for the relief well to sometime around Christmas.)

Cont'd...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:37:14 PM by Barbara » Logged
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »

Cont'd...

In the first and seemingly most catastrophic, the gas explodes under the sea floor, creating a massive upheaval and collapse that could trigger a tsunami that could wash away the Gulf Coast up to fifty miles inland.
     In the second, the escaping cloud of deadly methane gas could be blown ashore, displacing the oxygen and suffocating uncounted Gulf Coast residents. The sudden rush of gas to the surface could also theoretically trigger a tsunami.
     Former Shell Oil CEO John Hofmeister confirmed on Fox News last week that the use of high explosives and possibly a small nuclear device are being considered as a last resort on the theory that the blast would crush the borehole and seal it.
     But it has never been done and nobody knows for sure if it will work or if it will trigger an even greater underground explosion. IT GETS WORSE -
      There are roughly 3400 active drilling platforms out in the Gulf, many of which have been there for decades. When a well runs dry, they move the platform to another honey hole until it runs dry. This means there are uncounted numbers of vast empty underground caverns beneath the sea floor of the Gulf.
     Most of these drilling rigs are sucking oil from the same ultimate giant oil deposit under the Gulf of Mexico's continental shelf, meaning they are all interconnected.

Cont'd...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »

Cont'd...

When you take something out and don't replace it with something else, it dramatically alters the dynamics under the seafloor. These cracks and fissures could collapse in a domino effect in the event of an underground explosion, either natural or man-made, also triggering the risk of a Gulf tsunami.
     And a dead zone from Mexico to Florida.
ASSESSMENT:
     Admittedly, these are worst-case scenarios, but there are no best-case scenarios under consideration. Oil contains chemicals and volatile gases that are both toxic and carcinogenic. Gulf Coast residents that are able to smell the heavy oil are undoubtedly breathing in these gases at the same time.
     There are persistent rumors of a FEMA plan to evacuate at least eighteen cities along the Gulf Coast. In April, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal asked the feds to "fund 6000 soldiers and airmen on active duty to:
     "...provide security, medical capabilities, engineers and communication support in response to this threat. Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate and provide security and clean up for the coastal communities expected to be impacted by the oil spill."

Cont'd...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 02:47:08 PM »

Cont'd...

On June 9th the FAA closed the airspace over the Gulf of Mexico to all unauthorized aircraft. There is now a 200 mile radius dead zone in the Gulf due to the spill.
     FEMA is rumored to be quietly making plans for the mass evacuation of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula.
     There is a risk of toxic rain resulting from the combination of methane and the poisonous Corexit oil dispersant. FEMA officials fear it will poison coastal fresh water reservoirs, lakes, streams, and rivers.
     Let me say now that most of this is rumored, but if FEMA DOESN'T have evacuation plans in place for the Gulf Coast, then FEMA is criminally derelict in its duties.
    And I cannot envision a scenario short of permanently capping the well by lunchtime today that doesn't ultimately require the evacuation of at least some of the Golf Coast shoreline.
     I am trying very hard not to get all conspiracist or overly sensational in today's report and it is hard not to sound like I've lost my mind - even I think it sounds a little nuts. Until you look at the situation and try and come up with an alternative scenario that doesn't.
       Cont'd...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »

Cont'd...

This old earth is in already in a state of mass upheaval, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis are practically daily affairs somewhere on the earth. The earth's magnetic field is decreasing rapidly and may be signaling a coming catastrophic magnetic polar shift.
     We are emerging from a solar minimum and headed into a solar maximum that astronomers predict could result in catastrophic solar ejections that threaten to engulf the earth with a giant EMP pulse sometime around the end of 2012.
     The Gulf oil spill has the potential to poison the entire Gulf of Mexico and left uncapped, within a couple of years possibly the rest of the world's oceans. A couple of years from now would be sometime in the middle of 2012.
     The word 'catastrophic' applies to practically every scenario, financial, political, environmental or extraterrestrial. It is hard to see how humanity will manage to elude all the looming threats and emerge intact on the other side.
     Particularly since ALL of it was forecast in advance as part and parcel of the overall scenario that points to the soon return of Christ.
     Revelation 8:8-9 forecasts the third part of the seas will become as blood, killing a third part of the creatures in the sea. That judgment is followed by the poisoning of a third part of the world's fresh water.

Cont'd...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:41:58 PM by Barbara » Logged
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 03:00:56 PM »

Cont'd...

Jesus warned of signs in the sun, moon and stars. He said that unfolding events would cause men's hearts to fail them with fear and cause the nations to cower in fear and confusion.
     But Jesus said that while these things will confuse and terrorize the lost, He said they should be signs of encouragement to the Church.
     What it means is that the world will soon see the Son of Man coming in power and great glory at His Second Coming.
       "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory." (Luke 21:24-26)
     But having given the broad outline through to the end, Jesus got down to specifics insofar as what it means to the Church on this side of the Tribulation. We are witnessing the conspiracy of seemingly unconnected events that are leading precisely to the conditions Jesus described.

Cont'd...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »

Cont'd...

But His message to the Church isn't the same message He gave to those who will be preserved through the Time of Jacob's Trouble:
     "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21:28)
     For the Church, the message is both simple and direct. When we see these things BEGIN to come to pass, then it's time to prepare for lift off!
   Maranatha!
ONE FINAL THOUGHT. . .
     While we're waiting for the trumpet, we still need to get together in the forums and come up with a plan. We have many OL families in the affected areas. In the event the unthinkable DOES happen, the worst place they could end up is in a FEMA evacuation camp.
     There are many more OL families living in the relatively safe zones. We need to meet in our forums and hammer out our OWN evacuation plans for our brothers and sisters in the DEAD ZONE as an alternative to FEMA's. (We have some room.)

Cont'd...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »

Cont'd...

If you live in the DEAD ZONE, where will you go? How can we help? What can we do? Let's get together and work out a plan before the order to evacuate is given.
    NOW I'm starting to understand at least part of the reason that God has raised up such a unique fellowship of believers as ours. The LORD knows we need each other.
     Meet me in the forums and let's come up with a plan.

by Jack Kinsella
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 01:15:25 AM »

Hello Sister Barbara,

I don't know how long the Church which is the Body of Christ will be here. I, for one, don't believe it will be very long. The events we are watching could very well be part of later and much larger events. I read the portion of Revelation as literal:

Revelation 8:8-9  And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;  9  And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

So, I think that the great mountain being spoken of could be a heavily body. A heavenly body hitting the atmosphere would definitely be burning with fire. If it was large enough, it would also effect the entire earth in numerous and horrendous ways. I doubt there would be a way to determine WHERE to escape to. I view the oil spill and related problems as much smaller in scope than what is being talked about in Revelation 8:8-9, but I'm certainly not trying to minimize it.

The article made it sound like this was being discussed in greater detail on a forum. If so, please share the address. I believe that the CHURCH is raptured Home before the start of the Tribulation Period, but there are also fairly good arguments for mid-tribulation. I do know there is a distinction between the CHURCH and Tribulation Saints. I also know there will be many horrible things that those saved during the Tribulation Period will face. Many will face violent deaths at the hands of those hunting Christians.

Back to the oil spill and related events. It would certainly be better to be safe and plan than to be sorry you didn't. I would obviously try to talk my son into moving if I had sufficient facts to believe that he was going to be in danger. He's just been offered a better job in Raleigh, North Carolina, so maybe part of my concerns will be eliminated soon. However, North Carolina is also pretty close to the coast. I am going to try and educate myself more on this, and I would appreciate any sources for regular - hopefully daily - information.

Thanks sincerely for all of the additional information.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the