Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Oil Spill in the Gulf
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oil Spill in the Gulf  (Read 12201 times)
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 12:49:39 PM »

Also, there's much more info on the bottom links of the above website. One shows cracks in Gulf floor leaking oil...
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »

Thanks for the link and please do keep in contact with us as you are able during and after your transit so that we can better know how to pray for you all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 01:27:52 PM »

Thank you so much, Pastor Roger, for your prayers. My husband just went out looking at used campers. We've got 2 big dogs (labs) we'll have to bring with us and, of course, our 15 year old is ready to go.

I've gotta tell you again, that a person in our prayer group began speaking about the need to leave back in Feb. So many shared (including us) that we felt the same way. This blossomed into a meeting at the end of March, for anyone who was feeling the need for community during these times - but also a tug to move out of such a 'closed off' area as Florida seems to be at times - there aren't many main roads out of the state.

This meeting brought about 40 people - one family came all the way from Texas (!) - because they were feeling the need to 'just get out' but none of us were understanding God's plan or why we were feeling this way.
We know that "A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." (John 3:27) And so we wait on the LORD to renew our strength - when He allows it, when He makes a way where there is no way - we know then we'll be moving on!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »

Hello Sister Barbara,

Thanks for the very informative link. I haven't talked to my son about this yet, but I plan to after I become better informed. I have a lot of questions in my mind right now about his safety and when it might become in jeopardy.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 02:13:01 PM »

Thank you so much, Pastor Roger, for your prayers. My husband just went out looking at used campers. We've got 2 big dogs (labs) we'll have to bring with us and, of course, our 15 year old is ready to go.

I've gotta tell you again, that a person in our prayer group began speaking about the need to leave back in Feb. So many shared (including us) that we felt the same way. This blossomed into a meeting at the end of March, for anyone who was feeling the need for community during these times - but also a tug to move out of such a 'closed off' area as Florida seems to be at times - there aren't many main roads out of the state.

This meeting brought about 40 people - one family came all the way from Texas (!) - because they were feeling the need to 'just get out' but none of us were understanding God's plan or why we were feeling this way.
We know that "A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." (John 3:27) And so we wait on the LORD to renew our strength - when He allows it, when He makes a way where there is no way - we know then we'll be moving on!!

Amen! All of you will be in my prayers.

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 05:51:14 PM »

Thank you Brother Tom!

Just wanted to let you know that I talked with my neighbor that works at the Progress Energy nuclear power plant here on the Gulf coast today. He told me that they are on constant alert and if any contamination enters the plant they may have to shut down. They're worried about the 'plumes' under the water. There are millions of customers of Progress Energy including us.

Also, have been told that the well that's leaking in the Gulf is the biggest in the world - it would have given us freedom from dependence on Arab oil - they're admitting to at least a billion gallons but what we're hearing is that it's much more than that!! If this is true there is much more to the story. As soon as we get the article we're being told about we'll be back with the info.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »

Hello Sister Barbara,

I think that we all have a lot to learn on this disaster. I don't think that we'll like what we find out on any of it. There's a ripple effect on many other things that we all depend on - energy just being one thing. As an example, it's unknown what would happen if these nuclear reactors had to be shut down. This would in turn cause a domino effect on nearly everything.

I personally think that when the truth comes out that BP violated just about everything, and regulators had to allow it. So I fully expect that gross corruption will be exposed by many - other than just BP. In the meantime, many will suffer in countless ways.

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »

Egyptian Oil Spill Befouls Red Sea Resorts[/b]  Huh

An oil spill from an Egyptian rig has polluted several tourist sites along a large stretch of coastline along the Red Sea.
    The leak, which Egyptian government spokesman Magdy Rady described as "limited", was caused by a spill from an offshore platform in Jebel al-Zayt, north of the Red Sea resort town of Hurghada.
    The government managed to keep the news of the oil spill quiet internally for days, an extraordinary fear that might have been related to the fact that Hurghada is one of the country's top tourist destinations. The area, a vital source of income for Egypt, was once a major diving site with extensive coral reefs. However, extensive development has caused damage to the area.
    Oil company officials in the port city of Suez spoke with the Associated Press about the spill on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak with media.
    There was also no mention of the leak for days in any Israeli news media, which might otherwise have put off Israeli tourists who typically travel to Red Sea resorts for quick vacations.
     Rady told the state-run Middle East News Agency that the spill was discovered last week and had quickly been mostly contained. However, Ahmed el-Droubi, a biologist with the Hurghada Environmental Protection and Conservation Assoc (HEPCA), flatly accused the government of a cover-up this week.

Cont'd.... 

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »

Cont'd...
    "Just today I received news that the oil had started leaking again this afternoon after it had stopped Thursday," he told an Associated Press reporter on Tuesday. The HEPCA, founded by divers in 1992, was one of the first groups to raise the alarm about the spill.
     The northern islands protected area is very heavily impacted," el-Droubi added. "This area is very important because it is the last pristine spot, there is a lot of sea life there that will be harmed...there are dead birds and dead sea turtles scattered across the island, covered in oil."
     Approximately 100 miles (160 kilometers) of coastline were polluted, including a number of tourist beach sites.
     Meanwhile, Egyptian Environmental Crisis Department head Mahmoud Ismail said that most of the beaches would be cleaned up in a few days. He admitted that the situation on the islands was worse, however.
     The hardest work will be cleaning up the coral and Tawila Island," he said, adding that he had already had complaints from some of the local hotels. (IsraelNationalNews.com)"

We received this report today - interesting!!!!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »

Hello Sister Barbara,

Thanks for an interesting article. Things like this makes one wonder about the role of man-caused disasters for the ushering in of the Tribulation Period. I was just thinking how thankful I am to be in God's Hands.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ezekiel 7:1-9 ASV   1  Moreover the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying, 2 And thou, son of man, thus saith the Lord Jehovah unto the land of Israel, An end: the end is come upon the four corners of the land. 3 Now is the end upon thee, and I will send mine anger upon thee, and will judge thee according to thy ways; and I will bring upon thee all thine abominations. 4 And mine eye shall not spare thee, neither will I have pity; but I will bring thy ways upon thee, and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee: and ye shall know that I am Jehovah. 5 Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: An evil, an only evil; behold, it cometh. 6 An end is come, the end is come; it awaketh against thee; behold, it cometh. 7 Thy doom is come unto thee, O inhabitant of the land: the time is come, the day is near, a day of tumult, and not of joyful shouting, upon the mountains. 8 Now will I shortly pour out my wrath upon thee, and accomplish mine anger against thee, and will judge thee according to thy ways; and I will bring upon thee all thine abominations. 9 And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will bring upon thee according to thy ways; and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee; and ye shall know that I, Jehovah, do smite.

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »

Hi Brother Tom,

A big Amen to that!!!

We are hearing on the radio that the 'Cap and Trade' laws are going to be passed aroung the world - I guess with a little push from the man-caused disasters you spoke of.

As for the Tribulation period, we're seeing a gigantic build up in the Gulf, 2 threats of breaking the Gaza blockade, 1 by Hezbollah - the other by Turkey - and positioning of US troops with many more to come, all to be in place by the middle of July...Shades of the Gog Magog invasion of Israel? The Isaiah 17:1 prophecy?
Only time will tell.....
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »

Hi Brother Tom,

A big Amen to that!!!

We are hearing on the radio that the 'Cap and Trade' laws are going to be passed aroung the world - I guess with a little push from the man-caused disasters you spoke of.

As for the Tribulation period, we're seeing a gigantic build up in the Gulf, 2 threats of breaking the Gaza blockade, 1 by Hezbollah - the other by Turkey - and positioning of US troops with many more to come, all to be in place by the middle of July...Shades of the Gog Magog invasion of Israel? The Isaiah 17:1 prophecy?
Only time will tell.....

Amen!

Everything is a powder keg with the fuse lit. I honestly do believe that the RAPTURE could be at any time. Some may get tired of hearing me say this, but I love to think about it, and I love to say it.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,  52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.  54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.  55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?  56  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.  57  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  58  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18  13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.  14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 12:41:41 PM »

This from cuttingedge:

Gulf Oil Cleanup Crews Already Getting Sick!

Following is a CNN interview on youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrbqBEGxiw

The ghosts of the Valdez oil spill speak loudly to us, because almost all of them are now dead! The greatest contaminant damage might not be from the spilled oil but from the toxic dispersants being poured into the ocean waters.
BP is now using the same types of toxic dispersants in the Gulf oil spill as was used during the Valdez oil spill of March, 1989. This development is incredible since almost all the oil spill workers in the Valdez disaster are now dead, and Gulf oil workers are now beginning to show signs of toxic poisening.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:46:35 PM by Barbara » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »

Hello Sister Barbara and All,

I look at all of this very simply as greed and corruption being the cause of so much misery. I had forgotten about all of the illness associated with the Valdez, but I have heard some about illness on this oil spill. It would appear that the cure may be worse than the original disaster. I did ask my son about the potential problems associated with cooling at the nuclear power plants in Florida. He said that they have contingency plans that should handle it. He didn't think that shutting down would be necessary. Barriers would just be part of their capabilities if it becomes necessary. He can't foresee any situation where the oil spill would shut them down, so maybe this is some good news.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »

Hi Tom! That would be some good news from your son, but....
   We received an extremely disturbing e-mail this morning through a friend of a friend etc, etc...First it was discussing the call by Bill Clinton, Russia and the EU, that the US should NUKE the oil well. This can be found all over the internet including youtube. Now we know this was done in Russia in the 1970's with a similar oil well that was out of control because of the shear pressure at that same depth as the one in the Gulf - but this nuke was on land not under water.
   'So this 'gusher' is spewing about 40 million gallons a day' quoting this e-mail. 'However the oil itself is not the full extent of the problem. Flowing out of the sea bed with the oil are numerouse chemicals which are highly toxic and FLAMMABLE, foremost among them being Hydrogen Sulfide, Benzene, and Methylene Chloride. These chemicals will  not only kill the sea life in the oceans, but they will kill human beings, birds and animals, and plant life. When mixed with water or heated  by the Sun some of these chemicals become even more toxic than in their inert state. When they emerge onto the surfacethe process of evaporation turns them into gases which become air borne. Breathing the fumes is like breathing sickness and DEATH into the body. When the right temp is reached just a spark will cause the gases to explode in a gigantic fireball".

Cont'd...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the