Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:23:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FREE FORUMS??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FREE FORUMS??  (Read 6161 times)
Reba
« on: February 04, 2004, 10:35:14 AM »

I dont know if this has been done here before.  We all know the forums are not truly free... BEP  is way over paid Tongue... ( to any new-bees he is NOT paid ) Adim, who ever the to  dark strange is, must have to pay something some place. I would that we all could do a little $omething to off $et the co$t$.

I support a couple forums, on a free will  bases, because i post there. I post here too. I would that any funds donated are done on the QT as to not have anyone think they have paid for the 'right to be a jerk etc'.

Scripturally speaking not all of us agree .... but we all use the site...  Should we not pay towards its cost. The work man is equal to his hire?? I have no idea of what a break down of costs would be. but sheeesh if each of the members donated something maybe ten bucks a year Huh?

I am thinking  something like a PO box some place  maybe  PayPal could be that is more costs ....

Hey we could get Joyce Myers to silicet funds  Grin

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 11:22:48 AM »

Reba,
You are so smart – I bet I’d have to climb a ladder just to see the bottom of your IQ.
(NO!  I am NOT being facetious!)  
I’d be willing to pitch in – I love you guys (and NO! it’s not because you have the “last Bud Lite”!)

Could we have a drop-box for delivery of chickens, eggs, “fresh squeezed milk”, a loaf of bread and maybe a fresh caught catfish or two???

I’m sure the advertisers pick up a good part of the tab.  But, if the Forum were in danger of being shut down due to funding problems – that would make me soooo sad.

I think we should treat this as a ministry – that’s what it is to me.  I always support ministries.

Count me in!
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 12:10:22 PM »

you judge are full of bull i am not a COW
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 01:43:54 PM »

I can't argue with the 'bull' part - but the cow is in reference to "fresh squeezed milk".

For all I know - you could be as petite as Tinkerbell.  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 02:12:26 PM »

So how would collection work if this happens?  I would be willing if to help out if needed.

Grace and Peace!

PS...That looks like a mad cow to me Judge...lol

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 02:16:44 PM »

She does look somewhat "possessed”, doesn’t she?  Must be a Wisconsin cow – definitely not a “happy California cow”.   Cool

JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 02:27:33 PM »

LOL  Not sure about possesed, but deffinately spastic!  Cheesy

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Reba
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 03:26:48 PM »

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 03:36:01 PM »

HA-ha-ha!!!! Is that you and your evil twin???  Grin

JPD
Reba
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 03:58:54 PM »

You need a real job! Grin
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 07:43:14 PM »

Support your local Christian.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 04:58:28 AM »

OK, you guys are starting to scare me now...lol   Grin

Tim

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 09:01:13 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Grin  LOL - The graphics and funnies! - Thanks, I needed that laugh.

On the serious side, I can ask ADMIN to post something about the financial side of this. I really don't know what the circumstances are. I do know that advertising does contribute to the operation of everything. Many of you probably don't know half of everything Christians Unite is involved in. Here's a few examples for thousands of Web Masters around the world:

Free Christian Counters for web pages.
Free Christian Guest Books for web pages.

Free delivery of dynamic Christian content that changes once or twice per day (i.e. Christian Devotions, Christian Verse of the day, Christian Thought of the day).

Free Christian listings in search engines.

I'm sure there is much more I didn't mention. Some of the paid services include Christian Advertising and Christian Banner Exchange. All of the free Christian Web Master services require obvious Christian content on the site and a statement of faith by the Web Master.

You really ought to take a look at Christians Unite by clicking on the various menu choices on the left of every page. There is much more to Christians Unite than the forum. It is really a fairly large Christian Community with a huge variety of Christian services, many free.

I've asked numerous times if there is anything I can do to help, and finances were never mentioned. I'll tell ADMIN about this thread.

Love In Christ,
Tom

admin
Administrator

or don't grow at all!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2004, 10:17:15 AM »

Hello to everyone,

First of all I want to thank everyone who wants to donate funds to ChristiansUnite. I am touched by your offer.

ChristiansUnite started out as a part time, labor of love, 5 years ago, It soon became a full time job, and as the site got busier, it became necessary to raise some funds in order to keep everything free. The Lord has blessed my efforts, and the prayers of many who have held this ministry up daily before the Lord.

Certain areas don't pay for themselves, but other areas more than do, so that overall, to this point, the advertising revenue has been sufficient to cover costs. Though some may disagree, I believe that it's all well and good for a ministry like this one, to raise funds through accepting ads from other Christian businesses and ministries, who in turn benefit from the visitors sent to them.

These forums are one area that despite the trolls and troublemakers from time to time, I believe has blessed others, and I want to keep them absolutely free, and through God's providence, it can be.

There are many other online ministries however, that are suffering from lack of funds. Most people don't realize that there are sometimes heavy costs involved, and expect everything to be free.

SO...

If you really feel that you would like to donate something to God's work, I would like to suggest that you direct your funds to the following ministry.

http://itgministries.org/

Over the years, Wayne from In The Garden Ministries, has helped to reach many for Christ, with most of the costs supported from his own pocket. Believe me when I say, he can use the money, and the work you can help him do, will pay off eternally.

I'm glad that you all appreciate these forums, and a big Thank You to BEP for the wonderful job he is doing in moderating.

Ray
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 10:36:30 AM »

Whata good idea too. Anyone maybe up for sales? All the sale profits go to the site?? I always love buying goodies online, hehehe. <--Addicted to online auctions, lol...(Sorry if its a dub idea, just something to think about maybe?) Smiley

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the