Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:49:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I need to do more
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need to do more  (Read 3187 times)
Annahavil

God is our great provider, without him we are lost

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2004, 01:59:44 PM »

:)Every night I pray for un-saved people to consider getting saved.  If I go into a church or chapel I pray for the un-saved.  I only wish I had the courage to give out tracts or some of the things we Christians need to try and do.  If I had the patience I would perhaps have longer prayers.  To try perhaps to get closer to God.  To make my prayers more like conversations with Our Lord and Saviour.  
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 05:30:12 PM »

I only wish I had the courage to give out tracts or some of the things we Christians need to try and do.

Not everyone is cut-out for handing out tracts.... But if you look at every where you go and every one you meet as a mission field, then you can let His light shine! When Christ is in you, people will notice! And they will ask what it is about you that's different! Of course, sometimes it's in a negative way... Wink

My husband explained it to a group this way:
In gardening; you dig a hole and plant a seed. Let God take over the rest....

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 05:34:17 PM »

Yes, tracts are good.

I'm looking to do the same; to start passing them out, or leaving them.  

I may write my own.  I've got this 'puter, with a printer.

Or, I'm looking at one magazine.  I've already passed it out some.  It has a place you can rubber stamp your name/address/phone number even.  

I'm thinking through this.

I'm thinking I"m going to have to start doing things that are pro-active.  
mrc

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 02:33:26 PM »

I love to hear about people who are "pro active" about their faith.  I don't know if you've ever heard this little phrase but it goes, "Some people may never see Jesus except through you."  Whether you pass out tracs or convey Jesus' love to others through visitation, prayer or victorious living, your doing the right thing in a way blessed by God!
Please visit my website and express your concerns or thoughts in our Women's or Men's Fellowship.  The URL is
http://www.togetherinprayer.com
We are a new site and would love to hear from you.
Thanks,
Marcia
Pastor77

God wants to restore you to His throne.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 12:30:09 PM »

It is exciting to want to do more, but scary in the beginning.  Jesus always sent them out two by two.  Take someone with you.  When I first started some 27 years ago, I took my wife and let her go first.  Now the poor dear can't get a word in edge wise.   Cheesy  Be Strong in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Your friend in the Lord. Pastor77

Galatians 6:1  Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
mrc

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 12:17:21 AM »

I think it's really great to hear from a pastor and hope you will continue to offer your input and perhaps, tell us about some of your own experiences in the ministry, over the past 27 years.  Do you feel that the ministry is more of a challenge today than it was when you first began?  As I look back, 27 years isn't such a long time--my eldest son is now 38.  The world has changed a lot in 38 years and, I'm sure, most young people would probably say it hasn't been for the best.  But, I remember a time when there were few rights for women or for blacks.  Perhaps the divorce rate was lower back then because women realized they couldn't feed their children on their own.  There was more spousal abuse and child abuse back then.  Lots of "stuff" that would never be tolerated today was just swept under the rug, i.e., ignored.  Alcoholism was widely accepted under the guise of "social drinking." And the biggest threats to Christianity were drinking, smoking, dancing, going to movies and wearing makeup.  I grew up in an extremely fundamental midwest town where part of being "born again" meant being in the right clique.  I lived in the same town again in the 80's and, quite honestly, nothing had changed much.  It wasn't until I was in my 40's, in spite of years of church attendance and Bible study, that I came to realize that God really loved ME!  For that, I am so grateful and have been growing in the Lord every since.
Have you read "What's So Amazing About Grace?"  I can really relate to Phil Yancey's concepts because he went through much of the same upbringing and confusion as I did.
I really wish the church had possessed some of the love, grace and spirituality back then that I have discovered today.  In that respect, I believe many Christians are making progress.
I hope you will post more insights soon.
Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the