Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Witnessing to Muslims - what are the challenges?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Witnessing to Muslims - what are the challenges?  (Read 5568 times)
Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:14:11 AM »

Hello
I am sure that there may already be some thread on this subject but I have chosen to begin one myself. For many years I felt that it was impossible to witness to muslims, as they are "so set in their ways." Unfortunately God seems to have a way of tackling and challenging your beliefs. I use the term 'unfortunately' as this is a great challenge for me! The more I have spoken to God, the more He reveals.

I find a threefold problem when trying to witness to muslims and this is from birth:
1) At birth, all muslim children have Quran scripture whispered into their ear. This I believe is our first spiritual battle - parents enforce the spirit of Islam into the lives of young children.
2) Cultural practises have become ingrained into the religion - this results in black magic and witchcraft practices. This is of the flesh and calling upon spirits, which are often termed as 'jins'.
3) Finally, there is a constant need to argue. A muslim has their scriptures planted in their heart and quote anything back at you. If you quote something back, they quote louder.

All these points led me to believe that it was impossible to save most muslims, and I use the term 'most' as I have never thought that they were entirely cut off from God's grace. Then I was reminded of my father's testimony. He came to the UK when he was young - a young Brahmin Hindu. He lived a terrible life in the UK with his aunt but his belief in hindusim never wavered. Coming to the UK was the best thing that happened to him - he became a Christian! And believe me, there was much of his nature that was very un-Christian. Due to that one incident, his entire family, myself included, have accepted God into their lives. Prasie the Lord!

Had my dad remained in India, I am pretty sure this change would not have happened. This led me to think about muslims. Most nations in the Arab world, to some extent with the expception of Israel, do not allow religious tolerance, take Iran and Pakistan for example. Yet there are many people who have moved from these nations to the UK. Why? I think it is because God wants to reach them. Nevertheless, the three points mentioned above, are great stumbling blocks. It seems too easy that those three thinbgs make it difficult but there is a greater spiritual battle behind Islam.

It is to that end that I have come to the conclusion that there are two key ways to witness to muslims. Firstly it is by living a life of holiness and righteousness before God and showing that it is only by God's grace, not a law, that we are set three. The second way is through spiritual battles or warfare to call it another term. Our prayers have the ability to break the power of the enemy and I believe we are called to break these powers.

I would like to sum up by saying that I have not written this message for no good reason - I have written it so that we can overcome our prejudices, as I am in the process of doing. I think that witnessing is difficult if we are prejudiced and prejudice I believe comes from satan, as it prevents us from treating people equally with God, as God treats us.

Finally, please do not post any links as advice for me, unless you believe that God has given you the  advice to do so. I have waited on God for answers and I believe that I have heard from Him.

Let me know how you feel about this subject.

Love in Christ
Gaurav

God = love
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »

Hello Gaurav,

God can do whatever He wants whenever He wants. He can turn stony hearts to hearts of flesh and He can use whoever He chooses to plant the seeds that may break those stones down. It is not up to us but rather completely up to Him. We are told to preach the Gospel to every creature. I am sure that includes even muslims as there were no exceptions given.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »

Amen!

1 - God still does as He pleases in Heaven and on earth.

2 - Faith still comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

3 - The Word of God never returns void. It always accomplishes God's Perfect Will and Purpose.

4 - The Holy Spirit of God is still softening the hearts of hearers for the most precious and powerful message on the face of the earth - the Good News - God's Plan of Salvation for mankind.

5 - Millions around the world are still accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour every day.

6 - Jesus Christ died on the Cross for all of mankind because He Loves all of mankind. God Loves men, women, and children of all races and languages equally because they are all part of His Creation.

John 3:16-18 KJV  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.  10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »

Hello Gaurav,

God can do whatever He wants whenever He wants. He can turn stony hearts to hearts of flesh and He can use whoever He chooses to plant the seeds that may break those stones down. It is not up to us but rather completely up to Him. We are told to preach the Gospel to every creature. I am sure that includes even muslims as there were no exceptions given.

Yes, beautifully put. How unfortunate that I did not recognise this sooner. I praise God that I understand this now.

Bless you
Gaurav

God = love
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the