Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  animals having souls?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: animals having souls?  (Read 2988 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 05:28:04 PM »

PLEASE NO snakes.. *shivers* that i could NOT deal well with!! Undecided or lizards of any sort.. Grin

Isaiah 11:8 "And the nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den."

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004, 08:24:46 AM »

Isaiah 11:8 "And the nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den."

*shivers* Just the very thought of that makes my skin crawl ,,
lol sorry i know its scripture but i think that if someone held a "garden" snake up to me .. theyd hear me for miles around  Wink
oh and um bumble bees is another thing that i could live WITHOUT Cheesy
Tigerlily

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 07:38:54 PM »

oh and um bumble bees is another thing that i could live WITHOUT Cheesy
Tigerlily
Then there will be bees in heaven, too.  Grin Grin Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 10:11:35 AM »

Hi!  My husband and I constantly argue over this.  I don't think the bible talks muchor even at all about animal souls, but do you think our beloved pets will go to Heaven too? Smiley
Genesis tells us that animals have "the breath of God", apparently the same breath humans have. Psalms says that wolves won't harm sheep, and snakes won't bite children. (I believe that angelic beasts mentioned in Revelation and other prophetic places are probably not resurrected earth-animals, as they were created for heavenly prupose; the Bible never tells us we'll turn into Angels, it just says we'll be raised incorruptible. But - off topic! Sorry!) I would go no farther on the "animals in heaven" than to say "maybe, maybe not", simply because Christians have been fighting each other over this and each side has good evidence to prove the other wrong. I believe that, if they aren't there, we will still have every tear wiped away simply because God is greater than anything we ever had on earth; and if they are - the more the merrier!

I also think there's a reason that you can't find anything specific about animal's souls in the Bible: it isn't our right to know. To quote Aslan, we can each be told no story but our own. We're human-flesh; not bird, not cow, not angel. Ultimately, we really can't know God's enternal purposes for creatures not of our kind; even regarding our brethren, we can't know their fate for sure. For now, all we know is that man, created in God's image, has an eternal home with Christ if they accept Him as Lord. The same law would not apply to animals because they are different flesh, so who knows how they would "merit" heaven? But things hidden will be revealed someday!
"the Bible never tells us we'll turn into Angels, it just says we'll be raised incorruptible"

Matthew 22:30.  For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Support your local Christian.
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004, 08:44:56 PM »

I like bumble bees personally Grin if only for their name, isn't "bumble" a great word?

I've never seen a snake. Our snakes are shy. Though I know a limerick about a woman who wore iron underwear in case she sat on an adder.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2004, 07:37:45 AM »

Iron underwear so the snake can't get adder? Huh Grin

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
orcalover

Cetaceans Rule!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2004, 11:04:34 PM »

you know, I really hate when people think they are not animals. Just because we are probroly smarter then other species(i say probroly because some biologist think dolphins contain intellegence that surpasses humans) doesn't separate us from them.  There are only five kingdoms used to classify living things. They are Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia. Monera:small, simle single celled. No, don't think we fit there. Protistalarge single eukaryoctic celled. Not there either.Fungimulticellular filamentous with specalized eukaryotic cells. They absorb food. Nope. PlantaeI think we all know we are not plants. AnimaliaMulticellular form with specialized cells;have their own means of locomation and ingest food. That sounds right to me.
Classification of a human.
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylom:Chordata
Class:Mammalia
Order:Primates
Family:Hominidae
Genus:Homo
Species:Sapiens

Anyway, I do not think any animal has a soul. Your very thoughts are just electrical impulses in the brain. Once your brains gone your gone, your thoughts memories and personality. gone.

"To us the undersea world is a dark, impenetrable place; to orcas each call illuminates it in three-dimensional flashes flashes of detail. Vision doesn't penetrate most surfaces, but sound does. Echolocatin is like running your hands over your lovers face in the dark."
    ~Alexandra M
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2004, 11:30:02 PM »

you know, I really hate when people think they are not animals. Just because we are probroly smarter then other species(i say probroly because some biologist think dolphins contain intellegence that surpasses humans) doesn't separate us from them.  There are only five kingdoms used to classify living things. They are Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia. Monera:small, simle single celled. No, don't think we fit there. Protistalarge single eukaryoctic celled. Not there either.Fungimulticellular filamentous with specalized eukaryotic cells. They absorb food. Nope. PlantaeI think we all know we are not plants. AnimaliaMulticellular form with specialized cells;have their own means of locomation and ingest food. That sounds right to me.
Classification of a human.
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylom:Chordata
Class:Mammalia
Order:Primates
Family:Hominidae
Genus:Homo
Species:Sapiens

Anyway, I do not think any animal has a soul. Your very thoughts are just electrical impulses in the brain. Once your brains gone your gone, your thoughts memories and personality. gone.

HUH ~ Please explane?!  All animals were made by God, Everyone of them, even ants, spiders, ect..

Do you have a pet?  I have a pure white Kitty, I Love him and he loves me back. Every animal has a different personality!! So, why wouldn't animals have souls then? I believe they do and when they die, God Takes them under His Control and too Heaven.

That's my 0.01 cents for the day.....

Blessings,  \o/

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2004, 05:41:38 PM »

orcalover said:

That would simply be your opinion. AND, man is not an animal. Man was created by Almighty God in HIS image with body, soul, and spirit.

Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 06:33:01 PM »

orcalover said:

That would simply be your opinion. AND, man is not an animal. Man was created by Almighty God in HIS image with body, soul, and spirit.

That's right Blackeyeyedpeas!
Joyfuldove222

Beloved daughter of God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2004, 11:56:20 PM »

Don't have a good answer....  But, surely, animals will make heaven beautiful.  No pain, no tears, and peace....

Hmmmm...., How about having a lion, tiger or lepard as a pet?  Since they will not hurt us then.....

We have authority over them, right?!?

Please don't get too serious with me.....  I am just letting my imagination expand.....

Joy
Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2004, 11:54:58 AM »

Science simply dipicts man as an animal.  I believe man has no right over any animal, all animals should be equal.  Man does claim to have a global power over other animals because they are the smartest animal alive, yes human being are unbelievably smart, but in other ways unbelievably stupid.  Out of all the animals on our planet the only one whats destroying the planet is human.  "Almighty God in HIS image with body, soul, and spirit" i also believe tihs to be true, whats not so good is how were repaying God then.

Anywayz thats my view on the matter, hope i haven't stood on anyones toes.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the