Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  THE RAPTURE! Everything You Wanted To Know
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE RAPTURE! Everything You Wanted To Know  (Read 21754 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2004, 02:39:56 PM »

What Happens To Those Who Are LEFT BEHIND? Part 2

But then Left Behind goes into potentially grievous error. As the rest of the passage teaches, those who had heard and understood the Gospel of the grace of God before the Rapture, but rejected it (as Barnes had), would not be merely "left behind" for their unbelief. Rather, God will also send them "strong delusion" so that they will obey Antichrist, which will eliminate any second chance at salvation:

"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, 'If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name' " (Revelation 14:9-11).

Thus it appears that professing Christians (outwardly religious folks who knowingly rejected the Gospel prior to the Rapture) not only cannot be saved after the Rapture, but will be caused by God to keep believing lies; this will invariably lead them to obey Antichrist and take his unforgivable mark upon themselves. At what point God sends this "strong delusion" the passage does not state. But given that Gospel rejectors will receive it, it is doubtful that Barnes would be the humble, repentant, newly-saved sinner Left Behind makes him out to be.

So to answer our questions:

1) Who does the Bible say will be left behind at the Rapture of the Church?

All the unsaved; i.e., those who never trusted Christ, and so were never members of His Body, the one true Church.

2) Does the Bible give hope of salvation to those left behind at the Rapture?

It would have to depend on what they had heard of Christ. If they'd never heard of Him, then surely God in His grace will see to it that they hear of Him during the Tribulation. If they had understood the Gospel but rejected it, then Paul's answer seems to be a definite "no," especially in light of the delusion sent them by God as judgment for their unbelief.

It should be pointed out, however, that there is an alternative view which bears consideration. Pastor Paul Sadler, president of the Berean Bible Society, has written a book entitled The Triumph of His Grace: Preparing Ourselves for the Rapture. Pastor Sadler observes,

"Some understand from Paul's words in II Thessalonians 2:8-12 that those who reject the grace of God in this dispensation will not be given a second chance in the coming Day of the Lord" (p. 104).

He believes that this view is without merit:

"As we pass from the dispensation of Grace to the dispensation of Divine Government, the change is going to be abrupt. There will not be a transition period at the close of this dispensation as there was at the beginning of it. When the last member is placed into the Body of Christ and the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, the gospel fo the grace of God will be proclaimed no longer. Following our homegoing, God will reinstate the kingdom gospel at the dawn of the tribulation:

'And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come' (Matt. 24:14).

"In this context, then, the truth that men refuse to receive that they might be saved is not the gospel of grace, rather it is the kingdom gospel. It is our firm conviction that those who are left behind after our departure will be given another chance to be saved in the age to come. This is in keeping with the very nature of God who is rich in mercy and '...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance' (II Peter 3:9). In all probability, the majority of those who fail to receive Christ under grace will continue in unbelief. Nevertheless, the door of salvation will remain open, although it will be much more difficult for a Gentile to be saved since the terms of the kingdom gospel are far more involved" (p. 111-112).

Pastor Sadler is correct that the deciding factor on which of these two views is the correct one depends on the dispensational context of Paul's warning; i.e., to which Gospel message was Paul referring? Was he saying that those who refuse today's Gospel of the grace of God (thus missing the Rapture) will go into the Tribulation unsaved and unsavable? Or was Paul referring to people yet future to us, who during the Tribulation period will refuse the salvation message of that day, the Gospel of the Kingdom, and will be compelled to accept Antichrist?

I still lean toward the more traditional interpretation of this passage, but must agree with a statement made by David Reagan of Lamb and Lion Ministries, in a review of Left Behind:

"This passage [2 Thess. 2] seems to teach that people who have rejected the truth before the Rapture will continue to do so. Because of this passage, I cannot say with absolute confidence that those who have rejected the Gospel before the Rapture will have the possibility of accepting it afterwards. I hope Tim LaHaye is right, but I would not want to give such people any false hope" (The Lamplighter, Jan-Feb 2001).

I, too, sincerely hope Tim LaHaye and Paul Sadler are correct. But like Reagan, I would not want to give false hope to those who today hear and understand the Gospel they read in Left Behind or elsewhere, but put off believing it "until later."

I can remember a time in my pre-Christian life when, in exchange for my grossly sinful lifestyle, I gladly put off even thinking about salvation because I was confident I'd have plenty of chances to take care of it "later."

I can recall thinking thoughts along the lines of, "I know some hard-core Christians...I'll wait to see if this Rapture thing happens; if it does, THEN I'll get right with God! And if it doesn't happen, I'll just keep on keeping on."

To this day I distinctly recall occassions when I was unexpectedly exposed to the Gospel, only to deliberately and immediately force it from my mind.

I don't know about you, fellow Christian, but I can still remember what NOT wanting to hear ANYTHING about Christ felt like! Believe me: I DID think these thoughts, and this was years before Left Behind was written. But by the grace of God I did not die before "later" came!

And that is the reason I believe Tim LaHaye's teachings on this facet of the Rapture are - potentially - eternally tragic. Again, I do hope that those who hear and understand the Gospel of grace, but miss the Rapture due to unbelief, will have a second chance to be saved during the Tribulation. But to imply, as Left Behind does, that unbelievers can bet their eternal destiny on the hope of "salvation later" when it is not 100% clear that Scripture supports it -- and even though they could still miss the Rapture by dying before it comes! -- is not a position in which I would feel comfortable placing myself.

http://www.ephesians3-9.com/view/?pageID=133525

I Loved both parts of What Happens To Those Who Are LEFT BEHIND? GRRRRREAT Teaching, AAAAAAAAAAAMEN

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Warrior For Christ
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2004, 05:54:19 PM »

One Hope - The imminent, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to catch up the members of His body to be with Him forever is the "blessed hope" of the believer (I Thes. 4:13-18; Titus 2:13). The body of Christ will not be on the earth during the time of Jacob's trouble, also known as the Tribulation (Rom 13:11; I Thes. 4:13-16, 5:1-11; II Thes. 2:1-17).
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2004, 02:19:57 PM »

The rapture doctrine is not a matter of losing salvation, but decption and those who are may not be saved, though they believe they are.

Not everyonje who claims the name of Christ belong to Him, this is what he says;

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
 (Mat 7:21-22)

But notice what He says to those who, come to Him in that day;

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.    (Mat 7:21-23)

Only those who belong to Christ, will not be deceived, and it has nothing to do them, but wil be because the Holy Spirit keeps Gods chosen from the great deception, which will bring about the great apostasy in these latter days.

Here is that verse, Jesus spoke;

Mat 24
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Gods chosen elect  will not be deceived because it will not  be possible for the evil one to deceive them, at this time.

What time??

The time imediately before His return.

The time of the "rapture", His Second Coming.....

Note:

[color]Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. [/color]  (Mat 24:4-14)

The ends times will be marked by great deception, and many who call themselves christians will fall to it.

Don't be deceived.

Blessings,

Petro

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2004, 04:57:05 AM »

Re-Posted 4/20/04

THE RAPTURE!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 05:51:46 PM »    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You've probably heard someone proclaim confidently that rapture is not in the Bible. Many have accepted this challenge to the truth at face value. But contrary to popular belief, the concept and the word "rapture" are in the Bible.

"These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." Acts 17:11

The Root of the Issue

The Bible has been translated into many languages from the original languages in which it was written (mainly Hebrew and Koine Greek). We must keep this in mind when we affirm that something is or is not in "the Bible." The common Latin verb "rapere" (root of the English "rapture") is in the Latin Bible (2 Cor. 12:4; 1 Thes. 4:17). It is translated from the original New Testament Greek verb "harpazo." This is where we derive the English word "harpoon" from. Most English Bibles translate it as "caught up." However it could just as easily be translated "carried away," "snatched up," "seized away by force," or "raptured" (see "catch" in Vine's Dict.)! In other words "rapture," "harpazo" and "catch up" are all synonyms in three different languages (Latin, Greek, English) which are in "the Bible." Before saying something is not in the Bible, it must first be defined.

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

Testing the Rule

The word "rapture" may not be in most English translations of the Bible. However, to say that it is not in "the Bible" attains to the ignorance of saying that the Hebrew words Yahweh (LORD) or Yeshua (Jesus or Joshua) are not in the Bible. The same unsound reasoning could also be used to dismiss the legitimacy of the word "Bible." It is not actually in the translated text of the English Bible, but it is a transliteration of the New Testament Greek word "biblion" ("book" in Lk. 4:17). The word "trinity/triunity" is yet another Biblical term not found in the Bible. However the concept of the three persons (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) of the "Godhead" (Rom. 1:20, Col. 2:9) sharing one divine nature is undeniable fact (Deut. 6:4; Mt. 3:16, 28:19; Jn 10:30; 14:16; 1 Cor. 12:4-6; 2 Cor. 5:19; Eph. 1:3-14; Php. 2:6...). Furthermore, in addition to the rapture, many English concepts are also labeled with Latin names (plants, animals, music, grammatics, etc.). For Latin has historically been considered the language of education, religion and science. This same critical examination should be used anytime a sound Biblical doctrine is challenged. Especially on as shaky ground as this.

"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." 2 Timothy 4:2-4

In summary, yes! Rapture is in "the Bible." The Latin derivative "rapture" is a synonym for the English "catch up." Both terms are translated from the Greek "harpazo." All three terms are found in the Bible which corresponds to their respective languages (2 Cor. 12:4; 1 Thes. 4:17). Therefore it is Biblical and perfectly appropriate that the event of First Thessalonians four be referred to as the Rapture.

"Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up (harpazo, raptured) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." 1 Thes. 4:17-18

MARANATHA!!! (1 Cor. 16:22, Aramaic: "Our Lord, come")

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Warrior For Christ
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2004, 01:48:03 PM »

The Two Comings of Christ

The second coming: A prophesied event from the foundation of the world.
Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these,    saying,  Behold, the lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints. (KJV)

Jude 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, (KJV)

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the         latter day upon the earth: (KJV)  

Job 19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: (Ezk Chapter 36 & 37) (KJV)

Christ returns as judge and King of Kings
Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse: and he that sat  upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge  and make war. (KJV)  

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. (KJV)  

Rev 19:17 For the great day of his wrath is come: and who shall be able to stand? (KJV)

Christ’s visible return to the earth to redeem the Nation of Israel:
Zech 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives, (KJV)

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (KJV)

Acts 1:11 This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (KJV)

Judgment of Israel and the Nations on earth:
Matt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (KJV)

Matt 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another. (KJV)

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds: and every eye shall see him,

The rapture of the body of Christ (the church) an unprophesied event kept secret before the foundation of the world. Christ’s invisible return in heaven to catch away the body of Christ.
I Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. (KJV)

I Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the         trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (KJV)

I Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,  with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (KJV)

I Thes 4:17 Then we, which are alive and remain shall be caught up    together with         them in the air. (KJV)

Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. (KJV)

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: (KJV)

After the rapture, the judgment seat of Christ in heaven.
II Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ: (KJV)

I Cor 3:13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest:

I Cor 3:14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (KJV)

I Cor 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (KJV)

Grace Age Church

Ray Watson ray37801@yahoo.com

Tony Boring tboring@graceagechurch.com

Heidi heidi@graceagechurch.com

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2004, 05:46:40 AM »

The Two Comings of Christ

The second coming: A prophesied event from the foundation of the world.
Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these,    saying,  Behold, the lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints. (KJV)

Jude 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, (KJV)

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the         latter day upon the earth: (KJV)  

Job 19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: (Ezk Chapter 36 & 37) (KJV)

Christ returns as judge and King of Kings
Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse: and he that sat  upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge  and make war. (KJV)  

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. (KJV)  

Rev 19:17 For the great day of his wrath is come: and who shall be able to stand? (KJV)

Christ’s visible return to the earth to redeem the Nation of Israel:
Zech 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives, (KJV)

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (KJV)

Acts 1:11 This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (KJV)

Judgment of Israel and the Nations on earth:
Matt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (KJV)

Matt 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another. (KJV)

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds: and every eye shall see him,

The rapture of the body of Christ (the church) an unprophesied event kept secret before the foundation of the world. Christ’s invisible return in heaven to catch away the body of Christ.
I Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. (KJV)

I Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the         trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (KJV)

I Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,  with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (KJV)

I Thes 4:17 Then we, which are alive and remain shall be caught up    together with         them in the air. (KJV)

Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. (KJV)

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: (KJV)

After the rapture, the judgment seat of Christ in heaven.
II Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ: (KJV)

I Cor 3:13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest:

I Cor 3:14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (KJV)

I Cor 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (KJV)

Grace Age Church

Ray Watson ray37801@yahoo.com

Tony Boring tboring@graceagechurch.com

Heidi heidi@graceagechurch.com

Good Study

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2004, 05:46:41 AM »

Another FAVORITE thread Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2004, 06:05:50 AM »

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" Titus 2:13.

We have seen from the Scriptures that the hope of man has been the resurrection. To Paul, the apostle, God revealed a mystery in relation to resurrection. He called this mystery hope the "blessed hope." Some saints will bypass death and proceed straight to resurrection. This will be the blessed experience of those who are still alive at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory" (II Corinthians 15:51-54).

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words (I Thessalonians 4:13-18).

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2004, 03:46:03 AM »

MARANATHA!!!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the