Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Jenn Jenn!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Jenn Jenn!!!  (Read 1030 times)
I Brake for Jesus

My God Can Beat Your God

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2004, 01:36:42 PM »

Okay so I guess you kinda figuired out what my name is. I'm 15 and I live in Virginia (and can't wait to get out!). I'm a sophomore in high school, a choir geek even though I'm really not all that good and I used to play basketball *did it for 5 years* but I really was terrible and just.. kinda.. gave up. lol.
I currently belong to the Assembly of God church though I was baptised Catholic. I really have no problem with Catholicism I just don't really agree on a whole lot of doctrines. In fact, I was going to undergo my first Holy Communion about 3 years ago only to appease my father; however, I was totally honest with the priest about my views and what not and he didn't want to go through with the sacrement which is cool well to me at least. And that upset my dad so for a while I was unable to attend church even though I was still very much a believer. Through lots of prayer and some really awesome people I ended up at the church I'm at now. I don't know where I stand on Pentecostal doctrines. To be honest, I don't know enough about them for me to make any kind of judgement. HOWEVER, Jesus did say that we can know what is good and what is not by the fruit it bares, and let me tell you, every kid I brought into that place has gotten saved. And it's awesome.
I'm at a very frustrated place in my life because I have so many dreams and ambitions that being stuck in high school is a DRAG. Neither of my parents are Christians so I'm trying really hard to be on constant "witness" and that adds so much stress like you wouldn't believe. I'm 15, I'm not always a perfect little angel, and the parentals are a big test of integrity. But I know it's gonna make me stronger in the end. Neither of my parents support me on the whole "religion" thing although ironically my older brother is Satanic. I'm workin hard on getting them to let me take my little brother to one of the services at my church because he needs that kinda influence in his life. He's not doing too hot in school and well he's a 10 year old kid with what the doctors call ADHD (though I will not go into my views on "mental disorders" such as those at this time) *breathes*
Let's see what else. Oh of my many dreams and ambitions these are just a few: pastor (yeh yeh I am aware of the whole "females can't be pastors" thing I just disagree), missionary, teacher, nurse, I'd LOVE to go on Broadway and enter in the music industry (secular even.. see if I can shake things up a bit  Grin  )
And that's me. Yeap.
Chau Youngin's.

"Because he loves me," says the LORD , "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
Psalm 91:14-15
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:44:57 PM »

Brakes,
Welcome.

Jesus did say that we can know what is good and what is not by the fruit it bares,

That is a pretty 'heady' philosophy for a 15-year old - STICK WITH IT and you'll do just fine!  Grin

Missionary - choose missionary (as a nurse!)  Grin  There is no better way to serve God than by helping your fellow earthly soles.

Also - ages 14 through about 19 will be the mentally toughest of your life - read up on perseverance.  There are tons of Biblical references.

Good luck and God bless!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 02:10:05 PM »

Hi Jen Jen,

Welcome to CU!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 03:40:55 PM »

Ok.  Take a deeeep breath...Good!   Grin  Glad to have you here Jenn.  May God bless your stay and strengthen your faith!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Jippia
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 10:35:24 AM »

Hello! I am Mirjam. Nice to meet you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the