Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God is Great!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God is Great!  (Read 3959 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2004, 09:09:37 AM »

God is sooo great! I had a prayer answered last night through a Bible study meeting that I attended! A non-denominational meeting that was so Spirit filled that it brought tears to my eyes the whole evening! It was beautiful! The focus was on reaching the lost... not on who was wearing what, or who was acceptable, or any of the other things that church-goers tend to focus on! What a blessing it was! Renewed me and touched on so many things that had been weighing on my heart! God used this meeting for ME and it was such a blessing! Thank you, Lord!

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 09:21:57 AM »

Smiley
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 02:14:31 AM »

That's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear you were blessed!  Smiley

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 10:10:57 AM »

;DAmen! Sounds like the Lord really moved that night (As He does everyday!)
Ps, I LOVE that banner/graphic. That was beautiful!!

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Reba
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 12:18:31 PM »

I have been a Christian all my life… Blessed to be born into a Christian family grew up believing so I don’t have ‘rebirthday’ just sorta grew into it.

About a year and a half ago tragedy hit our family. I did not think I would recover, never dreamed I would laugh again. My heart was so heavy and broken. We grandparents cannot bear the hurt of the little ones.
I never gave up on God but allowed the fear of rejection to creep in.  To the eyes of the world God was nowhere to be found. We were being ripped from all sides. Our 40 year marriage was in shreds, the children, although grown, were in such pain. The babies (grandchildren) so hurt. Darkness was all there was to see.

Help from the earthly powers that be was a bad joke. Then to add to despair cancer hits also.. but is overcome…. I grabbed to the Lord ,  The Lord I could not feel, but His Word, Aw His wonderful Word. “ I will never leave you or forsake you”  “All things work together for good to them that love the Lord…”

OK the Word says there is a season to all things. This season of mourning is ending. He is replacing tears with joy, slowly ever so slowly but I do see the light. Praise to His Holy Name. To even dare think that GOD the creator of everything cares for me. For me, I am over whelmed. He cares He clothes me in His righteousness how glorious! He feeds me from His Word. His banner over me is love.  

No matter how deep we feel we have fallen or far away we think He is His Word tells us He is closer than a brother. Will I doubt again yup sadly I am sure I will BUT my faith is in Him not in me.

We don’t always know what is behind a post where the person is coming from, I am blessed to be getting back to myself.  
The laughter and sarcasm that have shown up around here lately are a blessing from Him I am so very thankful.

1 Peter 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
KJV
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 03:08:34 PM »

Thank you, Reba! Thank you so much for sharing that!

I bet we'd all be surprised to hear more of our 'real' stories that tell of the person behind the postings! What a timely reminder for me!

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:KJV
Don't you just love it when a verse strikes that perfect chord? Yours gave me a grin!

My 'new' sanity verse is:
Deuteronomy 2:
2   And the LORD spake unto me, saying,
3   Ye have compassed (circled) this mountain long enough: turn you northward.

Now, when the same-old, same-old, starts to get to me; I just remind myself that I have circled that mountain long enough!  Wink

Reba
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 06:50:05 PM »

Seeing the joy in your poster up there ^ just made me tell... thanks for the inspiration!

Ps 48:1-2
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.

2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
KJV
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 07:14:43 PM by Reba » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2004, 07:44:57 AM »

Cheesy

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 12:39:03 PM »

"I've circled that mountain long enough".

I LOVE IT!!!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 08:12:46 AM »

I never cease to be amazed at how prayers are answered! Not only that they are answered; but also in how they are answered! God's timing is so perfect!  Cheesy

I've had to miss two weeks of the Bible study (long story) but these wonderful people kept in touch and offered help. The help wasn't needed but the offer was! It's done us so much good with the frustration level we were at with the 'churched' people who call only when they need something (usually the talents of my husband). I'm not meaning to strive and grumble here; just share amazement that God has put all this together!  Cheesy We got to go back this past Tuesday night and it was such a blessing! Rejuvenated and recharged us tremendously! And it reminded me how a simple kindness can do so much!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2004, 07:14:34 AM »

Wow! Tuesday nights had become too filled because of some temporary blockades. I was sorry to have to be missing the meetings.  Cry

But they've been changes to Friday nights and now my husband and I can attend with all the children! Thank You, Lord!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 07:58:49 AM »

Thank You, Lord!  Cheesy
We went from two vehicles in December, to none in January.
Completely without our own transportation for seven months! And we were so blessed during that time for so many different reasons and we 'grew' so much in that time! And when God deemed it time - the problems were resolved. When there was no doubt that it was God, when there was no doubt at all, it was done!  Cheesy

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 12:32:44 PM »

Glad to hear of that, sincereheart...

Smiley

The help wasn't needed but the offer was!

Smiley

Thank you, Reba, for your sharing that.    Smiley

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 07:20:13 PM »

Thank you, Symphony!  Smiley

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2004, 06:14:19 AM »

God is sooo great! I had a prayer answered last night through a Bible study meeting that I attended! A non-denominational meeting that was so Spirit filled that it brought tears to my eyes the whole evening! It was beautiful! The focus was on reaching the lost... not on who was wearing what, or who was acceptable, or any of the other things that church-goers tend to focus on! What a blessing it was! Renewed me and touched on so many things that had been weighing on my heart! God used this meeting for ME and it was such a blessing! Thank you, Lord!

You made my day Sister

Thank You Jesus

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the